It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF: Wikileaks is censoring & deleting cables!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

wow Im not sure what to say first.

UM yea im beside myself.

OP um OP. THE REASON THEY ARE COMING OUT SLOW IS BECAUSE THEY ARE REDACTING. EVeryone knows this. They asked the NYT and the Wash Post to help them redact.

They asked the UNITED STATES to assist in redacting. The US refused.

Good lord.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I cant bear to read this thread.

It is universally known they are redacting. Thats why all of the documents are not out.

....wow.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Everyone already knew they are censoring cables. Just what the hell do you think the insurance file is?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

Sure, they can redact before it's leaked, and supposedly it's to "protect identities" - specific names and job positions come to mind. But deleting entire cables? Redacting entire paragraphs? All this AFTER their original release... They're trying to put one past you. Just look for yourself at what information they've deleted post-release, and you'll start to see a pattern...

BTW to anyone using the Cable-Diff link that I posted, any completely deleted cables can be found in Google by searching the cable number (ie. 09PARIS1254). All post-release redactions and comparisons to the original file are included in the Cable-Diff download.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I didn't know they were *CENSORING* cables this is a new one to me...

So wikileaks doesn't want to be censored but they censor their own information to get the results THEY want?
Why can't we just have the real truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Wikileaks doesn't want truth or transparency they want control money power fame...

You think they care about you?

I can see them censoring names of informants or things that will get people killed or harmed, (which they don't care) but to play with the data to add, redact, change, release, hide things from us, then re-do it all over again and again and again this is all new to me..

Why would wikileaks need to start doing this?

Because assange is scared.
edit on 16-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Is cryptome, a harsh critic of wikileaks for years, the only one making a stink about this? I can't find anyone else other than you and cryp stirring it up. The only thing I could find so far is a tweet posted on December 6th wondering about the 13 cables...

twitter.com...

Who else other than someone trying to undermine WL for years is concerned? I would think 'proof' like this would be big news. With all eyes on WL, not many seem to be concerned about it. Why aren't they?
edit on 16-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

People have questioned the deletion and newly re-released & censored cables... There are Facebook groups wondering where some cables went, and others have noticed as well.

Just because people aren't talking about it doesn't mean it's not true. Spread the news and see if people start becoming concerned. Wikileaks fanboy-ism and blind support may be an issue. Visit the Cable-Diff link in my original post, look over the changes yourself, come to your own conclusion and pass along the news. Don't assume this isn't big news just because it's not popular (yet)

Other people with suspicions because of this issue:
HERE
HERE
HERE

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

So now you think wikileaks has some competition so SQUASH THEM get rid of them ...
!!!!!

*CRYPTOME IS OF THE DEVIL*...
for pointing out some REALLY shady things wikileaks is up to ?

GET REAL come back to reality..

Look wikileaks is messing with the information now, if you can't trust the source then the source is NO GOOD..

I don't think the wikileaks source can be trusted...

Nor assange...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Of course they are censoring it. When the the cables were posted that vindicated George Bush, they knew they had to stop any and all facts that make Democrats look like the crazies that they truly are. They'll only post things that make....

A) Conservatives look bad.
B) Make the U.S. look bad.
C) Make Communism look good.
D) Make the chosen one (Obama) look like the 2nd coming.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

You keep telling yourself that. Either add some constructive feedback or back off and let the big boys handle it.

Whenever a topic like this is started, you jump in the thread and flame bait it. Taking advice from you is the last thing I'd do.

edit on 16-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
UPDATE: Looks like Wikileaks is trying to disable the ability to compare files... Here's a tweet posted a couple hours ago by the person who runs Cable-Diff:

Bad news. #Wikileaks has removed #cablegate torrents and magnet.txt from official websites!No more historical CG releases. #1984 Shame on WL

This means Wikileaks has stopped providing torrents of their updated and historical databases, and have disabled magnet links. I'll post back with updated news on this, hopefully Cable-Diff is still able to do future comparisons somehow...

Verified as of this post to be true, hopefully this is only temporary. Comparisons of previous databases are still available

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

TL
R

I just find it absolutely hilarious that a thread such as this comes out from someone who registered to ATS 11 days ago, on the day that Assange is freed...

I'll leave it at that...

Don't get me wrong, I believe you that edits have been made to the leaks. But I believe the Wikileaks staff is just working hard at "editing" out the crap from the good stuff. 200,000 cables, dude... if you ask me, they're doing us all a huge favor. Editing sucks!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Now why would CRYPTOME have anything against wikileaks??

I mean wikileaks is ALL for getting information out and so is cryptome..

Cryptome seems to be showing the world a WIKILEAK

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

I believe the Wikileaks staff is just working hard at "editing" out the crap from the good stuff. 200,000 cables, dude... if you ask me, they're doing us all a huge favor. Editing sucks!!!

Check out these posts (#1, #2, #3) to see examples of the "crap" they've been editing. These are key pieces of information, that when edited out, give a different spin to the cables. Like I've been saying all along, please check out the changes for yourself before assuming things - especially when you jump to conclusions because it's "TL,DR".
edit on 16-12-2010 by pforkp because: typos

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Now why would wikileaks be changing data so much?

Well it's obvious now, so that they can push THEIR agenda.

What is their agenda?

To creat chaos for America and allies, to cash in on *free information* (not really free is it) for fame (so assange can fill his narccisistic dreams of being a hero), gain power so that they can manipulate and fool many.

As you see wikileaks is NOT what it seems...

No wikileaks has a hidden agenda, and now they are retracting this, adding that, maybe even making things up..

Wikileaks has yet to deliver anything useful..

All we get is dog food (what assange has MOST thankfully let us see) OH thank you assange for feeding us dog food while you keep the cavier (insurance)...

No you havn't fooled all of us assange, MANY are opening their eyes to your deceit, wikileaks, shame on you for fudging documents!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Seems as though the OP fails to realise that Julian Assange is claiming to act as a journalist when releasing this info and not a freedom fighter or master minded espionage pro.

Acting as a news site, WL is entitled to change, edit, react, and remove any "story" they choose and the GOVT won't bother stopping them because they didn't want the info here in the first place.

If you're going to call yourself a news organization against a whistleblower title, you have to play the part...

How many times does an MSM source Change a headline and update theory stories, sometimes removing info or personal info. Everyday every few minutes.

You can't lie to someone by saying your a cop and not having badge because eventually someone will want to see it.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Shikamaru because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

Wikileaks is far from a *news orginization*

Assange is dealing in stolen property, took that stolen property and posted online...

WOW! That is no where near a *news orginization* can we GET REAL?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It also states in the link posted by the OP under the 'comments'

THE ONLY WAY WE CAN SUPPORT JULIAN IS TO UNITE. TO UNITE WE NEED A NETWORK.

I have taken very hard efforts to launch and create this (non-profit) social network for Wikileaks...

One way or another information you would never ordinarily have known anything about is being made available to those who are interested in the games their governments and intelligence agencies are playing purportedly in our name. We are NOT children....we elect representatives - to represent us - funnily enough.

Now I live near a town that is one of the most deprived in Scotland. That means there are a lot of military personnel there....ex...and current. From infantry to SS, MI5 & MI6...and mercenary. (It concerns me that some of those mercenaries just love their 'work'.) They are under no illusion that we have created an enemy that can justify increased and maintained military spending from now until eternity.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Thats right WE ARE NOT CHILDREN

So why is wikileaks and assange treating us like children ONLY allowing what they want us to see not letting us know ALL of it...

Assange probally want us to shine his boots too.

YES sir assange RIGHTA way sir please please bless us with YOUR all knowing information!!

Get a grip..

Assange treats you no better then the *evil government*

Only giving us a little bit here and there AND THEN censoring redacting and changing the cables?

Wikileaks has gone way out of left field.... FOUL BALL!!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Be you right or wrong... I am being most real, indeed. The man has made an official claim that he is actig as any news journalist would and that wikileaks is acting as a news organization.

Whether or not you like that tale is not the point. The point is that he is actig out what he is.claiming to be. Now whether or not a judge or group of judges would allow that is out of everyone's hands.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join