It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hierarchy emerges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Any time you give something a name, its just a matter of time before "leaders" and "hierarchy" spring up...usually without the consent or knowledge of most of those involved in the first grassroots surge.

Another relatively recent example: the "tea party movement." Those of you who have been following it since it first began may remember that in the very beginning, it was totally leaderless and in fact non-partisan, with both liberals and conservatives protesting a situation they considered unfair. Then, rather rapidly, a whole host of shills and vultures descended on the movement, from Sarah Palin to Glenn Beck, all trying to jump to the head of the parade and claim "leadership" status. Now of course what goes under the rubric of the tea party is a very different and much more defined thing than the movement at its inception.

You can chart similar tales with other political movements and even, perhaps, entire religions.

edit on 12/16/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Without some form of direction a mob is just a mob after all and will act as such. If you notice, Anon doesn't act like a mob and that speaks of some form of direction. That direction can only come from some from of leadership providing guidance. Even 99% of the mob doesn't realize they are being guided.

Thats true.. It would require some official guidance to direct large scale attacks on Visa. Mastercard, Paypal, whatever.

Who will ever know whether the Anonymous-group waging those attacks is the same anonymous group who fought against Scientology 2 years ago...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

You can chart similar tales with other political movements and even, perhaps, entire religions.

Its almost a natural tendency of the human mind to group things into category and hierarchy,it would seem....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

That is how you do it. Fighting head on will usually create a long, protracted "war" that is needless, time wasting, and resource wasting. It is easier to usurp.

And no further proof in your example is needed than that the Tea party is actually allowed by the GOP to use the GOP "slot" on the ticket in each state. No other "third party" has ever been given such a gift.

With groups like Anon, i would expect to see copy cats spring up at first, while they work to infiltrate. That is the key. If Anon is infiltrated, it will be destroyed from the inside, just like the Tea Party.

The public is easy to fool, because they see only black and white. You just have to work to make things look a darker shade of grey so the public is fooled into thinking it is black, when it is actually just a light grey that was pushed under a shadow.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
anonymousdown.files.wordpress.com...

anonymousdown.wordpress.com...

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

#anonymous I haz eyes on you & within you and well..lolz this is hilarious - I would expect more from the 'mighty 4chan' is.gd...

Can't find it now but someone said they might of accepted a server form an unknown source

edit on 17-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Double post, my bad.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Excuse me if I dont click on those links. What are they about?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Online pdf viewer
view.samurajdata.se...

img59.imageshack.us...

Let's hope Aux & Muggah over @wikileaks have their boolean skills honed. about 6 hours ago via web

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Im not clicking on any links in this thread but you could tell me what they are about?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
One of them is a pdf viewer for the historycrime.pdf so you don't have to download it and the other one is a picture of the site you refuse to visit, have you put it through one of the many online site checkers? or is that not the concern.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah the usurping technique is a tried and true one.
Not to mention, that power hates a vacuum. Wherever there is one, they power hungry will fill it.

Generally....
Which is why I think if you're going to do something revolutionary, it's best to do it with a very small dedicated group who are aware who the organisers are and what the agenda is from the very beginning. Even if to the public, those organisers wish to remain anonymous.

I personally loathe the structures of most groups.
They are nothing more than pyramid schemes, with power the goal, instead of money (or sometimes both).
I prefer groups with "organisers" rather than "leaders".
As I've found most "leaders' often do jack all of nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join