It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexist Female Oppression? Cleavage In The Workplace

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Women being attractive makes some men incapable of controlling themselves, which makes them angry, and that must be your fault. Your DOING something to them. Mocking their self-control.

Weak men are so sad.

Hang on a minute.

If an attractive women is wearing slightly revealing clothing at work then doesn't that mean she wants to be looked at? Otherwise why show it off?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Personally, here is how I feel. Being asked to cover up my testicles, when the office does not require uniforms, is oppressive, and a conspiracy against men. Men have testicles. Some men, like myself, have rather large testicles. I love my testicles, they are a part of me I refuse to hide them. Many of my shorts have holes cut in them because I enjoy showcasing my best assets. I hope they judge me on my worth ethic, rather than my enormous testicles.

On a more serious note, I think skimpy clothing is unprofessional - you're there to work, not ehrm... show off. But then again, you can't exactly hide large breasts so any oppression should be stopped. I can see both perspectives, and they're both equally correct.
edit on 17/12/10 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Britguy

Hey, I like a guy in a nice crisp shirt and a nice pair of slack bending over the meeting table to get a handout.

The slut - you know he's just flaunting it to get my attention!

No more tailor slacks to distract me when I'm supposed to be brainstorming.

Crisp shirt and a pair of slacks isn't displaying flesh though is it?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

yes, it's all the men's faults. we've got no self control because we don't keep our eyes above the neck on women who dress to reveal. how dare we be upset when called pigs, or misogynists simply because we found a woman to be attractive and took a look at what they were quite clearly offering for perusal. we're just weak, and need to be looked down upon, and told how sick and degenerate we are.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
So, if we started promoting women who show cleavage, there won't be envious women complaining about sexism and objectifying women because they didn't get a promotion they felt they should have? Something tells there would be accusations of sexism no matter what people do.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

reply to post by hotbakedtater

Women being attractive makes some men incapable of controlling themselves, which makes them angry, and that must be your fault. Your DOING something to them. Mocking their self-control.

Weak men are so sad.

Hang on a minute.

If an attractive women is wearing slightly revealing clothing at work then doesn't that mean she wants to be looked at? Otherwise why show it off?

Again - please find some pictures on the ol'interwebz here of women who are big breasted whom are dressed in a manner you find acceptable and not "showy."

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by Aeons

yes, it's all the men's faults. we've got no self control because we don't keep our eyes above the neck on women who dress to reveal. how dare we be upset when called pigs, or misogynists simply because we found a woman to be attractive and took a look at what they were quite clearly offering for perusal. we're just weak, and need to be looked down upon, and told how sick and degenerate we are.

No, just the ones like you.

link   
reply to post by optimus primal

You need to stop replying to her. It's not doing anything but making her make gross generalizations due to her obvious hatred of men and male behaviors. She seems to not understand how guys work. Don't worry about it.

link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by Aeons

huh? who's angry? this thread is about women feeling oppressed by employers who pass them up for promotion for showing too much cleavage. it's pretty obvious that if women don't want to be passed up, or stared at, they should cover up. it's a work place, not a play place. i'm not mad about anything.

Forget getting passed up for a promotion, some won't even hire; I agree, the workplace is a place for work. It's torture for guys to try to ignore the obvious in front of them. -Look at it this way ladies, if a guy came up to you and started making out with you, that's about how it is to guys to see some cleavage, very distracting, we can pretend we don't notice it, but it's only pretending. Men are very visual creatures by nature, in contrast ladies are very verbally inclined or usually more geared toward audio. Leave the skimpy attire at home (especially ones that display excess cleavage or any cleavage if it at all possible). Unless you are bent on making that sort of impression, you fully understand the consequences beforehand and have no problem with them.
edit on 17-12-2010 by bigrex because: better grammar

edit on 17-12-2010 by bigrex because: typo and added sentence

edit on 17-12-2010 by bigrex because: clearer writing

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

reply to post by Britguy

Hey, I like a guy in a nice crisp shirt and a nice pair of slack bending over the meeting table to get a handout.

The slut - you know he's just flaunting it to get my attention!

No more tailor slacks to distract me when I'm supposed to be brainstorming.

Crisp shirt and a pair of slacks isn't displaying flesh though is it?

If I see form, and he's flaunting it, that's just unfair to me. I was DISTRACTED. That means those guys are taking my thoughts away from work.

I also demand that military and navy dress uniforms and police uniforms be IMMEDIATELY made less sexy.

Those form fitting shirts, and the guys who intentionally work out their back to fill out their shirts and the short sleeve shirts on the biceps. UNACCEPTABLE.
edit on 2010/12/17 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I have a suggestion

Why can't we all just walk around naked? Everyone above a certain age should just not wear any clothes.

I would do it, and i am sure many others would too.

VvV

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I totally would too. Except if it were cold outside. Don't want anyone getting the wrong impression about the size of my manhood.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Again - please find some pictures on the ol'interwebz here of women who are big breasted whom are dressed in a manner you find acceptable and not "showy."

Ah, I didn't realise that you was talking about larger breasted women specifically.

In that case, as long as a woman has taken measures to dress as appropriately as she can then I'm happy.

However, it's a fact of life that no matter how hard (pun not intended) a bigger breasted woman tries there will always be an amount of cleavage on show, it's also a fact of life that men find breasts sexually arousing and will look at them if they are on display.

That doesn't make them "weak"

I 'd also point out that larger breasted women are more likely to be stared at by males than smaller breasted women and I'd expect them to become used to it, even if they were wearing a large jumper for example.

Lastly, I have at times spoke to large breasted women in a work setting where it was difficult not to stare at their breasts as they were that large and literally in your face.
edit on 17/12/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
I have a suggestion

Why can't we all just walk around naked? Everyone above a certain age should just not wear any clothes.

I would do it, and i am sure many others would too.

VvV

Sorry man, but it's like 10 smarties high up here.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

If I see form, and he's flaunting it, that's just unfair to me. I was DISTRACTED. That means those guys are taking my thoughts away from work.

I also demand that military and navy dress uniforms and police uniforms be IMMEDIATELY made less sexy.

Those form fitting shirts, and the guys who intentionally work out their back to fill out their shirts and the short sleeve shirts on the biceps. UNACCEPTABLE.
edit on 2010/12/17 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

Your making an immature generalisation here.

I'm also not sure that you understand male sexuality all that well but just so you know, you would be hard pressed to find a guy that isn't aroused by large breasts.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

See - there is a big difference between someone noticing and someone being ridiculous. Some of the guys on here describing how they react - they aren't gentlemen. Gentlemen notice, they just don't ....call attention to it and continue to make it into a big deal.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

You think I'm joking about the guys distracting me.......I'm not. Men don't have the market cornered on sexual arousal.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

See - there is a big difference between someone noticing and someone being ridiculous. Some of the guys on here describing how they react - they aren't gentlemen. Gentlemen notice, they just don't ....call attention to it and continue to make it into a big deal.

By your usage of the word gentlemen are you implying these "good guys" notice but don't stare? I mean I'd be against obvious gawping at a large breasted woman at work but these gentlemen of with you speak have no less sexual desire than the vulgar sex pests you seem be believe work in offices around the world.

P.S. The gentlement just know how to look better without being seen

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

And you know so much about what men think about or talk about when women aren't around how? You would really be surprised at how different men can be. Your "gentlemen" could very well be a crude misogynist behind your back. I've seen it happen a lot.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Who in history decided showing breasts at all was uncivilized? Why can a guy be topless on tv but a women does it and it becomes nudity-rated? Who decided woman were so high on the pedestal? I've always wondered. Why is the female rights considered such a touchy subject? Why does the rape of a woman become tabled as an atrocity yet the rape of a man become a running joke?

I'm not a sexist by any means. Merely a deep thinker. I just want to get a few answers.

I sometimes think women and men are two different beings from different origins put on his planet as an example of a Chinese finger trap. Don't come together and we die out. Come together and we get to live a bit longer.

Women should be allowed to wear what they want and no one should care. There is this idea amongst the programmed minds of today that a naked women or revealing woman is some sort of forbidden act when in fact its just another person. Isn't that what women fought for? Equal rights.

A guy comes to work with his shy slightly open and people joke about it. A woman does this and its some sort of violation? Where's the equality there?

The contradiction is loud and ugly.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join