It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington subway police to begin random bag checks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Washington subway police to begin random bag checks

www.publicbroadca sting.net

Officers will start random bag inspections on the sprawling Washington subway system, the Washington Metro Transit Police said on Thursday, a week after a man was arrested for making bomb threats to the rail system.

Metrorail police officers plan to randomly select bags before passengers enter subway stations and they will swab them or have an explosives-sniffing dog check the bags, according to the Metro police.

There is "no specific or credible threat to the system at this time," Metro said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a week after a man was arrested for making bomb threats to the rail system.

Who wants to bet the guy making threat was a cop so they could justify this BS and will be released soon while nobody is watching? Wouldn't be the first time.

Passengers who refuse to have their bags inspected will be denied entry into the subway system.

Well ain't that nice? Fourth amendment, GONE.

This is just another step towards the slow implementation of martial law... a major one at that...

Anyone defending this BS should move to 1980 Soviet Russia.

People should stand up to these thugs... Let me search your bag please? Have a warrant? No? Well if you don't let me go on the subway, I will sue your butt personally for violating my fourth amendment and you'll be passing Christmas on the park bench so you better think about it buddy. (and then he tasers you.)

www.publicbroadca sting.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I am dissappointed in Jan. No sexual molestation of gramda, ma and junior in the train stations?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Also happening in NYC for the past few months.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Step 2 of the clampdown beginning.. And yet people there keep insisting theyre free and say that china is repressive.. Well the chinese have more freedom than amerika does.. No tsa groping in china when travel.. No bag / body searches at random when using public transport in china.. No reporting friends, relatives and strangers as terrorists in china..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I recall there being evidence of holiday threat from Al-Qaida? That might be the reason for this, to scare off potential attackers.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I wonder how many of these bags will have easily palmable valuables pinched during these security 'checks'?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
How do you scare away a suicide bomber exactly? They're going to blow themselves up... what's going to scare them exactly?

Originally posted by Varemia
I recall there being evidence of holiday threat from Al-Qaida? That might be the reason for this, to scare off potential attackers.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I see this as a way for the cops to increase there arrest numbers.
looking for bombs no.

Looking for drugs, illegal weapons. wanted people. or just hassling people YES

new topics

top topics

join