It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 just a decoy for true secret base?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Everyone knows about it, knows where it is and what its about (almost). It would make sense to me for Area 51 to be a decoy because it keeps everyone occupied on Area 51 and nothing else. The media makes it clear Area 51 is a place of secrecy and mystry, inorder to focus paranoia on a dummy. Keeps us happy and the goverment happy.

There we are pondering about Area 51 when possibly theres a far more important base elsewhere.

Thoughts?
edit on 16-12-2010 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
GLACIER BASE?????????????
OR LUNA BASE

edit on 12/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Whatever, secret a secret.

That just might be true. The more ridiculous the location, the more unbelievable it is.

So if i was them i would follow that idea.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

I definitely see how this could be possible. It would make sense to largely publicize one area so everyone focuses on that one area. Regrettably the Governments of the world hide information (if they actually have any... I think they do).

I have heard of many secret bases on this site and others, sadly it can only be classified as rumor until proven. I am with you though, if the government has secret bases where they conduct activity they want hidden, which they most likely do. They would not continue operations at a place as famous as area 51.

edit on 16-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: doh

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Thats what I mean, The places many wont check or even can check would be the best locations. SMH at cobra commander having the best locations from under oceans to mountains ect... SMH @ cobra commander, I really think they were talking to some of us as youth...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
MOON BASE ALPHA!

Too bad we lost it when the moon got knocked out of orbit...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I believe that it is Wright Patterson AFB. This complex is massive, you could hide anything there.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I remember watching an episode of UFO Hunters where they said that Area 51 had been moved to Dugway Proving Ground.

en.wikipedia.org...

Reading about the size of the place, they could do a lot of stuff there.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It is my opinion that the most secret of not so secret bases would have to be Cheyenne Mountain. And it is a place you never hear about. here is some great info on it for those who dont know about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Worded it better for me

That is true, ATS has mentioned other sites, such as Nelis afb but that to is well known.
edit on 16-12-2010 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

Now thats more like it! Sounds a better location for secret operations and is unheard of. Maybe there's where it all happens?

Thanks for the find.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Cheyenne Mountain unheard of?

www.google.com...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a

829,000 Google results

Unheard of, Ahahahahahahaha

edit on 16-12-2010 by Pockets because: To add google results

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

Cheyenne Mountain unheard of?

www.google.com...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a

829,000 Google results

Unheard of, Ahahahahahahaha

edit on 16-12-2010 by Pockets because: To add google results

Cheyenne Mountain is what the tv show Stargate SG1 is based out of isn't it?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vqsnapp

It's been in uncountable TV shows and films

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Or all we all falling into a trap, ' it cant possibly be a secret base, its far to obvious' . Whats that saying, 'the best place to hide something is in front of everyone', just a thought, im actually probably wrong tho.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Yeah, I think you are

Limes!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
How many times do we have to debunk the same things over again. Groom Lake is expanding. There is photographic evidence of this. It would be refreshing for anyone to provide photographic evidence regarding these other alleged secret bases.

Oh wait, the only evidence you need these days is some loon writing about it on the internet. Or the word of that famous scientist, Jessie The Body Ventura.

All TV shows on these bases are crap. They have a script and make the show match the script. Research is not in their vocabulary.

Ok, one exception on the TV shows being crap is the KQED special done by Trevor Paglan.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

This is almost painful. As somebody who regularly goes out to Area 51 and snoops around, it is clearly expanding. The base itself and the infrastructure surrounding it has been growing rapidly. You really don't even have to drive out to the Nellis Range. Just take a look at the increased cars parked in the JANET lot. And yes, it is easy to track those planes going to Area 51! The amount of increased pavement around the gates and guard shacks near Area 51... I can't continue. Please just go on the net and look at recent photos. It is obvious that Groom Lake is just as busy as ever. You really need to go out there to understand that just because people know about it, the location is SO remote, it is still the best hiding place in the world!

i356.photobucket.com...[/img]]

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DesertShadow

To track the Janets going to Groom Lake, go to www.flightaware.com . Search for activity at TNX. If the routing has TPH in it, then the flight is probably to the TTR. If the routing has SHOWW, FIDOE, maybe BTY, it is a flight to/from Groom Lake. Groom Lake flights are at either 14k or 15kft, depending on direction of travel. TTR flights are over 20kft.

While we are at it, Creech is really expanding. It wouldn't surprise me if security there is a bit more proactive now that they are flying overseas missions from Creech. Since Creech isn't a secret base, you can see the contracts for construction there on fbo.gov. It wouldn't surprise me if Nellis or Creech contracts are used to hide the money for the new paving projects at Groom Lake. When I was out there in November, they were running that rock crushing machine in Rachel 24 hours a day. The crew share rooms in Alamo, essentially keeping the rooms occupied 24 hours a day too. I suppose they don't like the trailers at the Little Aleinn.

The fact they canceled the last Red Flag makes me think Groom needed the airspace.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Underground bases are all over the place in the United states - once this concept is no longer ridiculed, then maybe we can stop focusing on bases such as Area 51.

"Extraterrestrial Highway" - is the name of the large billboard-like sign just miles out of Rachel Nevada, only miles from Area 51. This sign was once torn down by chains on the back of a pickup, and thrown into a ditch in the desert - only to have a replica of the sign placed back in it's orginal position, graffiti and all. But that is only testimony from a friend of mine who, according to him, grew up in the area. He is a believer of "alien" life, but has told me that aliens in Nevada via Area 51 is merely a distraction for black operations testing, many of which have already been disclosed.

The more mystery, the more your brain must entertain before finding any measure of truth, and the majority is not patient enough to truely investigate it on real terms, if patience is even the right word...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join