It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Wikileaks activists move to analogue tactics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Anonymous Wikileaks activists move to analogue tactics

www.bbc.co.uk

Online activist group Anonymous has once again changed tactics in its campaign to support Wikileaks, eschewing web-based attacks.

At least one faction of the group has urged supporters to plaster the streets with pro-Wikileaks propaganda on 18 December.

The group had earlier attacked websites of firms they accused of colluding with governments to censor Wikileaks.

The Metropolitan Police has confirmed it is investigating the web incidents.

Now Operation Paperstorm, as it is known, aims to get volunteers to print pro-Wikileaks posters and plaster them across towns and cities.

I
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.democraticunderground.com...
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
LOL....I like this - non-violent dissent. Good on Anonymous for getting this together. The BBC have probably done most of the recruiting for them on this one. I, at least. haven't heard mention of it anywhere else. LOL

It was written todat that 'Bady uses a close reading of an essay by Assange on State and Terrorist Conspiracies to argue that Assange sees modern governance as a conspiracy by those with power that goes against the interests and desires of the governed, and that Wikileaks exists in order to undermine the ability of governments to communicate secretly and diminish the power of authoritarian states.'

There was an additional interview with an American lawyer (ex govt. advisor) who said they were trying to figure out how to charge him. At one point he (Bellinger states that they may charge him under the Espionage Act for accessing 250,000 classified cables. The interviewer points out that WE HAVE ALL accessed them. LOL

Charge Assange - Charge us all LOL

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Expect the powers that be to hijack this movement and for these 'anonymous' acts to become more terrorist-like.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

You cannot be serious!! Methinks you're watching too many conspiracy movies.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You can't hijack a movement that doesn't exist as an entity nor have any leadership. That's the whole point of Anonymous - anyone who wants to be Anon can be and already is.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

exactly right .Its all a game good guy bad guy. Soon the attacks are labeled terrorist and then it begins or gets worse for sure. Then they step in for our own good bla bla bla we know the rest....................we get screwed in the end.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

What againuntodust said isn't far-fetched.
edit on 16-12-2010 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Oh people - this is real world. So many threads on this site are calling for people to 'wake up' and now that they actually are you can't handle it? What Anonymous proposes to do is get ordinary people involved in protest in a non-violent way. What's being asked for the 18th is, if you ask me, of a less disruptive nature than their cyber attacks to small business etc., and makes the point more eloquently.

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION - it's what we require for open and accountable governement. We're living in an age of corporatism - not just the States - all of us. We do not vote for board members of corporations and yet they dictate to our elected representatives. That was Mussolini's definition of fascism. You guy's just want to sit back and take more of the same.

When I was on the anti-Iraq demo in February 2003 there were MILLIONS out that day worldwide. People who had never demonstrated a day in their lives for anything - guess what - NO VIOLENCE.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Its interesting but it wont really have any effect because it wont be reported.

In the 21st century the only power the population actually has between elections (and its arguable in a 3 party system that there is little choice there) is through choosing to consume or not consume.

Your spending power is the only weapon you have. A populace deploying its financial power for political means co-ordinated by social media would be unstoppable. It will come I think.

Literally putting your money where your mouth is.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It might be a good idea to have wikileaks as our sig on other forums too.

I go on star wars the old republic forums and il change my sig to wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'm surprised they haven't said the guy from the Fla school board meeting shooting wasn't Anon after he sprayed that V.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

I've been sporting assange as my facebook profile for a week or two now.
Everyone should. People will ask, you will tell them.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Good Idea - Wikileaks or Anonymous? Anonymous or Wikileaks? decisions decisions. I like the Anonymous pro active attitude. And I like the idea of heading up to my city centre this weekend and pasting wikileaks docs on the inside door of every ladies toilet cubicle that I can find. (Shopping centres would be a good hit) LOL

new topics

top topics

join