It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Democrats pass "Martial Law Rule" thru Dec 18

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't want to be misleading, this is not Martial Law on the people, it is a special consideration to allow voting on subjects with little or no notice at any time from December 8 through December 18. I received this in an email from the Tea Party here in town. The things on the table appear mundane accept for a couple of tax bills. The Tea Party in Florida was extremely successful and the Governor, Cabinet, and all key positions in our State Government are changing. This is a last ditch effort to further their agenda before being replaced in a couple of weeks. This is dirty politics at its best!!

Fellow Florida Patriot Leaders:
I have just been made aware from GOP leadership that the Democrats in the House passed a "Martial Law Rule". Here is the exact wording from the House Floor Email-

Martial Law: Members are reminded that last Wednesday, December 8, the Democrat Majority adopted a Martial Law Rule. This Rule allows for the consideration of any legislation, at any time, with very little notice, through December 18.

My only thought is to push a conservative Senator to Filibuster. This is the only way to stop them. Please call/email me if you have any ideas. They are going to pass everything in they want this week without even a debate!!! The GOP leadership is going to try and delay the votes, but they don't believe they can stop them.

Posted is the complete voting schedule - scroll to red, this is from House, so they will pull the same junk Dingy is pulling in the Senate

We are VOTING NOW: 1) H.R. 5446 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 600 Florida Avenue in Cocoa, Florida, as the "Harry T. and Harriette Moore Post Office" (15 Minutes)

2) H.Res. 1759 - Expressing support for designation of January 23rd as "Ed Roberts Day" (5 Minutes)

3) S.Con.Res. 72 - A concurrent resolution recognizing the 45th anniversary of the White House Fellows Program (5 Minutes)

4) H.R. 6205 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1449 West Avenue in Bronx, New York, as the "Private Isaac T. Cortes Post Office" (5 Minutes) one hour of debate on the Rule for the Senate Amendment to H.R. 2965 – Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010, followed by another series of votes. After votes, the House is expected to begin general debate on the Senate Amendment to H.R. 2965, followed by another series of votes.

Tax Package Update: At approximately 12:30 p.m., the Senate is expected to vote on H.R. 4853

– Middle Class Tax Relief Act of 2010. It is now likelythe House Rules Committee will meet on the tax package this afternoon and we would begin debate on the Rule, vote, and begin general debate on

H.R. 4853. When exactly we begin consideration of the tax package, however, is still unclear. Notification will be sent as soon as this is made official.

Martial Law: Members are reminded that last Wednesday, December 8, the Democrat Majority adopted a Martial Law Rule. This Rule allows for the consideration of any legislation, at any time, with very little notice, through December 18.

Last Vote: Dependent on when the House begins consideration of the Tax Package.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
absolutely sickening, the amount of filth that they are willing to commit and even get away with is truly stunning, hopefully the tea party will clean house and maybe Florida will return to sanity after so much insanity. People talk about California hitting rock bottom but I think Florida has been there for a long time now.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Wow. Unbelieveably arrogant, but sadly not surprising. I hope that your reps are able to throw a monkey wrench into their plans.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Basically democracy in Florida has been abolished until Sunday. What a lovely way for the Democrats to leave this state, but make no mistake, the Democrats are not in the majority in either House or Senate. The Republicans can vote down any legislation they want.

I have read that the Republican wins in Florida were so major in November that the next government of Florida will be the most Conservative in history. I am afraid for all those who have been impacted by the virtual collapse of the economy in this state and are relying on state assistance for housing, food, welfare, etc… As most of us Floridians know there basically are no jobs unless you live around the Panhandle.

Still this is sickening to abolish democracy so they can try and pass whatever they want without questions or debates.

Florida House of Representatives:
76..... Republicans
44..... Democrats

Florida Senate:
26..... Republicans
13..... Democrats

edit on 12/16/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'd expect nothing less from Crist and his ilk, they've been screwing us Floridians for so long it's not even funny. I bet this is nothing though compared to what Reid tries to do with Congress and Obama does on his way out.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Wow man, talk about trying to kick us while we are already down. There is some work here in the County i live in but all the business owners are taking advantage of the economy excuse paying people not even 3/4's of what they were making before. I work at a power plant as a welder. You would think a power plant wouldn't have personnel cutbacks but it is rumored that they are talking about it. We are afraid it will become a reality.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Same thing is happening in the US Congress, before they are kicked out, they are attempting to subvert law everywhere they perceive it to be.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I voted for rick scott

LETS GET TO WORK!!!!

Out this the trader christ..

I can't wait until ALL the idiots in the cabinet are out...

Rubio will be welcomed also

WE KICKED THE BUMS OUT!!!!

SAY NO TO THE BULLET TRAIN FROM TAMPA TO ORLANDA!!!!
300 million florida DOES NOT have.

You know what our former governor christ got accomplished???

Pardon for JIM MORRISON INDECENT EXPOSURE (he flashed a group of people) crime here in the 60's

THANK YOU SO MUCH CHRIST i can sleep good at night knowing (a dead) Jim morrison is relinquished of his crime..
edit on 16-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thanks for all the responses!

Yes, The Tea Party was extremely successful in Florida in November! Crist went from Golden Boy and Presidential Candidate to Partyless, floundering, and washed out in under 2 years!! I think he set a record for shortest fall from grace time!

There are some great Google Groups for the Tea Party here in the Panhandle if anyone feels like looking them up and joining the groups. Great information, great and very active membership. I can't speak for every Tea Party in the country, but ours is effective, motivated, organized, and is making a difference.

I'm not advertising for this group or these pages, but they do an extremely good job at getting information out there, and organizing and contacting our politicians. They do everything from School Board meetings and Water Conservation Boards all the way to full-scale rallies at the Capital. These links are for informational purposes only.

Google Group for Tallahassee Tea Party

Tallahassee Tea Party Main Page

One of Main Member's Tea Party Pages (Not Mine, I don't have one)

Tallahassee Tea Party Facebook Page

edit on 16-12-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

4) H.R. 6205 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1449 West Avenue in Bronx, New York, as the "Private Isaac T. Cortes Post Office" (5 Minutes) one hour of debate on the Rule for the Senate Amendment to H.R. 2965 – Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010, followed by another series of votes. After votes, the House is expected to begin general debate on the Senate Amendment to H.R. 2965, followed by another series of votes.

How can the Florida legislature vote to rename a post office in Bronx,NY?

With all the crazy things I've seen them do, this would be a real show-stopper!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

You are right. As I read back through, I am guessing that this is the US House, not the Florida House. That was a misread on my part. Everything else in that particular email had to do with local politics, so it made sense on a quick read.

On the other hand, this is even worse news!! It would be bad enough if our state legislature took this action, but it is even worse if the US legislature is doing this!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Florida House of Representatives:
76..... Republicans
44..... Democrats

Florida Senate:
26..... Republicans
13..... Democrats

If these numbers are accurate, then I am confused as to how the Democrats passed this without a lot of Republican support.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by mydarkpassenger

You are right. As I read back through, I am guessing that this is the US House, not the Florida House. That was a misread on my part. Everything else in that particular email had to do with local politics, so it made sense on a quick read.

On the other hand, this is even worse news!! It would be bad enough if our state legislature took this action, but it is even worse if the US legislature is doing this!

I don't know getready..

Tallahassle has been known to produce a LOT of goofy things, so that may be the FL state legislature after all!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I've lived in Florida all my life. I find it upsetting that someone who isn't from Florida, Scott barely qualified for the residency standard to be governor, and among other things does not seem to care about Florida's environment is going to be in charge.

No one seems to care that a company he was CEO for was found guilty of over 10 felonies. What can I say, Florida knows how to pick the winner.

To keep on topic, I have know idea what is the point of passing the Martial Law Rule.
edit on 16-12-2010 by jrod because: blah

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

A result of the lesser of the evils. Scott and Sink actually had very similar views in most cases. I preferred Sink's view on alternative energies, but she has made too many enemies that are close to me, so I couldn't support her. In the spirit of "sack the incumbent" I voted for Scott. He may not be perfect, but he will certainly shake up some things that need shaken up! I work for the State Government, and I am somewhat concerned over my own position, but I also see the wastefulness and laziness among government workers, and I know of the cronyism that goes on at the higher levels. Scott will throw a monkey wrench in the whole business as usual political regime here.

As we saw with Obama, "different" is not always "better," but I was willing to take a chance on the guy, and I still feel he was a better choice than Sink.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is just a good example of how fascist and evil the democrats/progressives conduct themselves.

These people, if transported back in time to Germany in 1938, would have felt right at home in the ratskellers and beerhauses occupied by nazi party members.

Democrats are truly evil and deceitful people.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I think the Democrats are the latest scorned lovers. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out that you could replace "Democrat" with "Politician," because if these Republicans don't follow through on their commitments, the Tea Party will be giving them the boot in 2 years and you'll get to see all their dirty tricks.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

...if these Republicans don't follow through on their commitments, the Tea Party will be giving them the boot in 2 years and you'll get to see all their dirty tricks.

I really hope that is the case! In the TPM infancy, there is still hope for that. However, I fear that they will fall under the same trap the R's & D's do...which is, pride. They are too prideful to admit that their party is a failure and they simply vote along their predetermined party line....because....well, just because.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I guesse you forgot about the whole OOOO i don't know alex sink encouraged her employers (from bank of america) to LIE TO OLD PEOPLE and dupe them into things they did not need..

Working the system is one thing (if you want to say scott did this or that) I can forgive that, BUT FEEDING OFF OLD PEOPLE and suckering them into BS ON PURPOSE now I can not forgive that...
edit on 16-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I hope so too! If you follow those links above, you will see the temperament of this particular Tea Party. They expect a lot, and their patience is thin. I can't speak for the whole country, but I know what I hear locally, and there has already been some backpedaling by politicians even before taking their oaths.

My real fear is......what next? If the washout doesn't help, and if politicians continue to be politicians, then what actions are going to be necessary to make a real change?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join