It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great channeled higher knowledge videos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is just one of dozens of videos by this guy. If it resonates with you, watch more videos. I find its the perfect mix of visuals, information, and music.

I just picked a random one that i've never seen before and I liked it so I posted it here.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I used to think channeling was a crock until I came into close contact with some folk involved in it. It could all be explained, as far as I was concerned at the time, through a mechanism of the subconscious.

Slowly but surely I became convinced that some channelers were indeed communing with an intelligence far superior to their own not-so-inconsiderable intellects.

Over the course of time it became apparent to me that their lives were being manipulated in ways that brought them misfortune and confusion.

The folk in these videos have the feel of truth about them and the tale they relate is fascinating.

I still love my friends that are into this stuff, but I pretty much have to avoid them today because the lies they are fed by their 'guides' eventually causes trouble that spills over into the lives of those around them.

If you don't believe in channeling--watch these videos.
If you are intrigued and curious about channeling--watch these videos.
If you are in the early stages of learning to channel--watch these videos.

Not trying to derail your thread mayabong, it's just my experience has made me very passionate about this subject. U2U me if you wanna talk about it at any length. Peace.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Over the course of time it became apparent to me that their lives were being manipulated in ways that brought them misfortune and confusion.

Everyone experiences misfortunes, it's the only way we can learn from mistakes as individuals. Are you telling me that you don't experience misfortunes, and that there is nothing in the universe that confuses you?

The way I see it, you've run back to Christianity out of a fear of the unknown. That's fine with me, and no skin off my back, but I just wanted to tell you that your own videos are trying to sell nothing but fear with their ominous music and cherry-picked testimonials and biblical experts.

A lot of Christians believe the end times are upon us, as many of them have believed in many different times in the past. I think there is some truth to it every time Christians say that the end times are near, because they are foreseeing the downfall of the very institution they are indoctrinated by. But everyone else always goes on living, with even more awareness and knowledge of the universe. The world didn't end when Copernicus ate of the tree of knowledge and discovered that the Earth isn't the center of the universe and actually revolves around the Sun. It was actually liberating and a wonderful thing to contemplate for all of us heretics, and eventually (most) Christians were even forced to accept the obviousness of its truth, but only after hundreds of years of ridicule and denial out of medieval fear and ignorance. And neither will the world end when mankind begins to more deeply understand its own subconscious as well as the myriad of entities that have always lived around us, aside from the ones we can physically see and touch and hear already. The people that invented your religious texts meant well but your churches have turned it into a power game whereby they deprive you of knowledge in order to retain power over you. It's your loss, and as a warning right back at you, these may very well turn out to be your own end times if you don't consider the emotional and mental effects fear-based teachings have on you. Some are going to move on, and a lot of people are going to be stuck in the past and unable to cope with a rapidly-evolving world.
edit on 16-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
My time with my new age friends was very revealing. I entered their community with an open mind and enjoyed a great degree of acceptance among them. Ultimately, however, I perceived them to be very insecure at the base level in sharp contrast with the philosophies they expoused.

The God of the Bible was the furtherest thing from my mind as I immersed myself deeper in that world. I initially had the greatest respect for some of them, but over the course of time, the 'love' they talked & talked & talked about revealed itself as not much more than the shallow love of self-involved hedonists. And that group includes the gamut from easygoing transient hippy types to aerospace engineers to two best-selling new age/new thought authors, and an up & coming alternative talk show host with an ever growing following.

Fear is not usually an adjective that anyone would use in a description of me, although I experience my share like anyone else I admit and I'll get to that in a minute. But what really drove me towards Christianity was the contrast that became evident to me between the character of my new age friends and a group of Christians I came across in the course of my business. "You shall know them by their fruits," really hit home with me.

Besides the fact that it actually takes more "faith" to believe in the mishmash of syncretic philosophies that abound in the new age than the living and active Word of the bible.

That doesn't mean that I think everyone that claims to be a Christian is worthy of that name. I'm not sure that I am either. So, yeah, there's my fear: I'm working out my own salvation with fear & trembling and I have a long ways to go. But it's a different kind of fear than you suppose and is more akin to respect for the Creator of all that is. A very healthy fear I might add, and one that is proving its worth to me.

Which brings me to the "We are all God" belief of some of my friends. It occurred to me that if we were all God, then God is not only suffering from a severe case of MPD, but that he/we/she is schizophrenic and mind-boggingly insecure.

If the "rapidly-evolving" world that you speak of is in the hands of esoteric new agers such as these…then I've already seen how far short of its supposed ideals it will fall.

New Age philosophies are easy to accept because they tell a person exactly what they want to hear and scratches ones conscience behind the ears and thusly into submission.

BTW: My feeling is that half of the former channelers in the above vids aren't Christian even though the filmmakers obviously are. Just a guess and an impression from what was NOT said by them. What did you think of their experiences with channeling? Do you channel? You are well-spoken so to speak in your writing, so I'm truly curious as to your take on it--our spiritual differences aside.

I'm not a hater, but I HATE to see people encouraged to get involved in channeling because these entities are NOT trustworthy and really…don't…like us. Peace.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thats cool man. I have nothing against you for believing what you do. I on the other hand, find alot of truth in some, (not all)"channeled" material. I think the biggest misconception of "New Age" stuff is that its actually new. Actually most of this thinking predates the bible and christianity.

I wasn't raised with the bible and I've always thought christianity was dark and left people powerless.

To each his own though . Thanks for replying.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I found it nearly impossible to hear the fellow over the soundtrack. I gave up. Perhaps you could give a brief synopsis, or explain what you found interesting about the video. Without a little something to go on, I'll hardly muster the interest to plow through that. (Thinking I'm maybe not alone in this--basically this thread is "Interesting video..." really? why do you think so?) I believe some great stuff has been channeled, so I'm open to it...but what do you have here?...don't make me do all the work...especially considering that godawful soundtrack.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by The GUT

Thats cool man. I have nothing against you for believing what you do. I on the other hand, find alot of truth in some, (not all)"channeled" material. I think the biggest misconception of "New Age" stuff is that its actually new. Actually most of this thinking predates the bible and christianity.

I wasn't raised with the bible and I've always thought christianity was dark and left people powerless.

To each his own though . Thanks for replying.

Thank you for your mature reply. I enjoy your intelligent thoughts on all kinds of topics here and I look forward to seeing you around. Peace.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'm not a hater, but I HATE to see people encouraged to get involved in channeling because these entities are NOT trustworthy and really…don't…like us. Peace.

I want to respond to this first to start my response off with the right tone.

I'm not a hater either, and I don't mean to sound aggressive to you personally, only many ideas from "the church" (ie the Vatican mainly) strike me as being obviously intended to control and manipulate people. That's not your fault, either, I know. They have been doing it for hundreds of years, even murdering people outright for their beliefs, including my Irish ancestors whose original culture was all but annihilated by "missionaries." This is why I sound sore, because the authorities responsible for these attitudes offend me, that their beliefs are not only more important than others' but even worth stomping them out by force.

So let's look at where we do agree:

1) All "channeled" entities are NOT "trustworthy," as in you shouldn't act upon every whim that "something" from inside is telling you to. We have to be independent beings and weigh and consider everything we are hearing and be responsible for our own judgment, not just defer to what anyone else is telling us, which is a weakness imo. Above all I think we all have an obligation to something greater than ourselves, whatever name we want to give it, and all the wonderful experiences in life come from striving to serve that something which is larger and greater than we are as individuals.

2) Aside from the corruptions and mistranslations of texts that only serve to manipulate and dominate peoples' free wills and free thinking, which are always sponsored by centers of worldly power and authority, Christian teachings and traditions have a lot of good wisdom to them. I'm not even averse to studying Christianity, I'm only averse to the methods used to spread the religion as if by force. What I've gotten out of Christianity is another topic though and is nothing too unusual anyway. I love studying all world religions and philosophies, and they really have more in common than devout followers of any one of them usually like to admit. So now having got all of that out of the way...

Originally posted by The GUT
My time with my new age friends was very revealing. I entered their community with an open mind and enjoyed a great degree of acceptance among them. Ultimately, however, I perceived them to be very insecure at the base level in sharp contrast with the philosophies they expoused.

I appreciate that you took the time to give these anecdotes but I don't think they have universal merit. Maybe the individuals you were dealing with were "insecure," I don't know them. Either way I don't have the insecurities towards these ideas personally so I cannot relate to what you say. Not only can I accept them as legitimate but I don't think there is anything inherently evil in them either, no more than it is inherently evil to know that the world revolves around the Sun, which in past times could get you killed by the same mainstream thought-police.

But what really drove me towards Christianity was the contrast that became evident to me between the character of my new age friends and a group of Christians I came across in the course of my business. "You shall know them by their fruits," really hit home with me.

Maybe it would be healthy to remember all the Christians who have been involved in uncounted scandals, from child molestation to money laundering and everything else, and to remember every non-Christian whose character is not blemished by these things. Whether or not someone has a strong character is not dependent upon what religion or beliefs they subscribe to. A priest molesting a little boy is no more a reflection upon all of the teachings of Christianity as a "new ager" (bad terminology imo) doing whatever is a reflection upon whatever they happen to believe. Again, maybe you personally experienced what you say in certain individuals, but there are billions of people in the world and what you suggest of your friends is not universally true.

Besides the fact that it actually takes more "faith" to believe in the mishmash of syncretic philosophies that abound in the new age than the living and active Word of the bible.

What you call a "mishmash" is just heterogeneity in where we all get our information. You may take pride in getting all your info from one source, so to speak, but you don't actually get all your information from the bible. Does the bible teach physics? No. Does the bible teach grammar? No. Does the bible teach mathematics, biology, chemistry, engineering principles? No, no, no, and no. These are all varied fields that have arisen collectively from the work of thousands of individuals. But I don't suppose you are going to tell me that it would take more "faith" to believe in all of these fields of science than it would take to believe in the bible, considering that any principle of these sciences can be demonstrated immediately with the right equipment. If we considered the bible the only valid book of knowledge, and consulted no other sources, we would be in a much different world, a medieval world, and I'm not sure I would call it a better one.

Which brings me to the "We are all God" belief of some of my friends. It occurred to me that if we were all God, then God is not only suffering from a severe case of MPD, but that he/we/she is schizophrenic and mind-boggingly insecure.

In most religions (including Gnostic Christianity at least) and even in physics people know that everything in the universe is connected. The word "universe" itself implies a single object which contains all of us and every single thing in existence. Scientists are seeking to resolve the 4 fundamental forces of nature into a "unified field" that gives rise to everything in existence, and which makes up all of us. Our skin cells in our left hand don't have to know how they are related to the skin cells in our right hand for them to be part of the same entity. That's one of the things that makes life so filled with wonderful unexpected surprises for any skin cell who wants to know what's beyond itself.

And when "God" created the universe, what else would there be to create it out of than "himself"? In the beginning, was there God and then also happened to be a completely-separate load of bricks and mortar laying around so that he could construct a creation that is completely unrelated to "himself"? Or whatever "material" everything is made of (the "unified field" again according to scientists). If "God" truly created everything, then what would be left separate from God that he could create from? He would have to create from himself, there would be nothing else to work with. And so that would mean we are all made out of God, basically equivalent to saying God is the unified field physicists are looking for. Denying this line of reasoning is to say that God didn't actually create everything, that there are things other than God that must have been brought into creation separately from God by some other creative process, making God lower on the universal hierarchy than numero uno or at best "tied" with creator of the universe, with some other force. And then God just used this already-created material, that was created by someone or something else, to create the universe. I find that harder to believe than the idea that everything ultimately consists of a common "substance," which must be older than time, the source of all intelligence and consciousness in existence, and goes by many names, including God.

If the "rapidly-evolving" world that you speak of is in the hands of esoteric new agers such as these…then I've already seen how far short of its supposed ideals it will fall.

Similar things were said to Copernicus and Galileo and many others. They said if the Earth really moved through space, obviously there would be such a frictional force upon the surface of the Earth from flying so fast that no building would be able to stand and everyone would be constantly blown about this way and that, so therefore the Earth must be stationary. These were the people and ideals that fell, despite the thought-police, and only to good consequences though.

New Age philosophies are easy to accept because they tell a person exactly what they want to hear and scratches ones conscience behind the ears and thusly into submission.

If Christianity didn't tell you exactly what you wanted to hear then you would not be here preaching on its behalf. There is a reason people "hear what they want to hear," for better or worse, and I am perfectly comfortable with what I like to hear. I don't have complexes that only make me feel justified when I am suffering and think I'm hearing something "bad" for my own good, as you seem to suggest of your own. My father is a military veteran and seems to feel the same way, that if some authority is not telling him something he doesn't want to hear at some threat then it's not actually good for him. There's good reason the military trains people to obey authority without question, that has nothing to do with whether it's "right" or "wrong," and the same with the Vatican and its influence and infiltrations throughout all of Christianity. There's nothing wrong with self-sacrifice but then again there's nothing wrong with enjoying life either, to within reason.

What did you think of their experiences with channeling?

My position is that I'm constantly trying to understand the mechanics behind how these things work. I follow a lot of Carl Jung's work and neurobiology and other fields, so I have a few vague ideas of what is going on, but I'm not satisfied with my understanding yet. I do know that what these people are doing is only an exaggerated form of something we all[/d] do on a daily basis though. This is harder to explain but Carl Jung wrote a lot about it and showed how every individual is actually made up of many different psychological elements that compete for attention depending upon bodily needs and other factors. In reality your body is made up of trillions of entities called cells, bacteria, etc., and only by some mysterious miracle do we perceive ourselves to be singular entities. But in reality we are not singular entities and this is what people are beginning to realize and make use of.

Do you channel?

Not consciously. Everything that crosses my mind I can only identify as being part of myself, but that's not to say I'm totally consciously responsible for every thought that pops into my head. I don't think anyone is. There are things that naturally come to mind without our directed will and I believe this is a natural function of our bodies. Being hungry or having to use the bathroom are mundane examples; you don't decide when you're hungry or have to pee, you just know because your body is telling you on its own. Our bodies tell us lots of other things in lots of other ways, all natural and inherent to human existence.

top topics

join