It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanese army claims to uncover two Israeli spy cameras overlooking Beirut; explosion reported off t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Lebanese army claims to uncover two Israeli spy cameras overlooking Beirut; explosion reported off the coast of Sidon on Wednesday evening.

www.haaretz.com

Late on Wednesday, an explosion was heard near the southern Lebanese port city of Sidon.

Residents in the area also observed red flames in conjunction with the explosion, which came from the sea, a local security source said.

He added that "it might have been a naval mine."

"Israeli helicopters were seen hovering over the area when the explosion took place," the source said, without providing further information.

According to local media reports, a number of Israeli warships were seen of the coast of Sidon and Israeli aircraft made sonic booms and released flares overhead.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wow....has anyone else seen this in the news? Of course there is something on Debka and a snippet on the Jpost but it sounds like this is relatively breaking. I know that Hizbo claims to have found some Israeli security devices in Lebanon but not long after this explsions were heard and lots of Israeli military equipment (naval and Jets) were around. Maybe something, maybe nothing, but keep an eye out!

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

More shenanigans from our friends in Israel. This probably happens all the time. They can cross borders any time they like, commit assassinations, or set up false flags, but if someone hurls a rock their way they will shoot you. If one individual launches a home made rocket into Israel, they will bomb your infrastructure and stop humanitarian aid from reaching you.

Yeah, no surprise to hear this. Thank you for pointing it out though, this is news to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

More shenanigans from our friends in Israel. This probably happens all the time. They can cross borders any time they like, commit assassinations, or set up false flags, but if someone hurls a rock their way they will shoot you. If one individual launches a home made rocket into Israel, they will bomb your infrastructure and stop humanitarian aid from reaching you.

In the last two years 8,600 rockets have hit Israel. Eight thousand six hundred from Gaza alone. I was in a town in Northern Israel a few days ago. Every house has a bomb shelter and communications because of the thousands of "homemade" rockets that fly in from Lebanon. The smaller 'homemade' rockets punch a hole in your house. The larger ones blow it up. So yeah, I think a little retaliation is in order. And "humanitarian aid" does not include more guns and rockets.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Yeah and why this ain't on the Israeli news? I watch the Israeli news every single day and EVERY TIME a rocket hits Israel, it's always hitting in some empty land...

And give me a break 8400 in the last two years. It's nowhere in the news. Not even on the IDF twitter, Haaretz or JPost... which are hardcore right wingers and they don't mention it?

If even right wingers don't mention it, it means it didn't happen.

And about a dozen rockets came from Lebanon since the Hezbollah-Israel war of 2006. So please. Unless you have links to prove your info, stop lying.

Or are you saying there's a massive cover up even by the right wingers, the IDF and all the medias in the region?
edit on 15-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

In the last two years 8,600 rockets have hit Israel. Eight thousand six hundred from Gaza alone. I was in a town in Northern Israel a few days ago. Every house has a bomb shelter and communications because of the thousands of "homemade" rockets that fly in from Lebanon. The smaller 'homemade' rockets punch a hole in your house. The larger ones blow it up. So yeah, I think a little retaliation is in order. And "humanitarian aid" does not include more guns and rockets.

Well I certainly understand your concern and can appreciate your side of your point. You seem well versed in these statistics. Would you be able to tell me how many people these 8600 rockets have killed versus the people of Lebanon and Palestine killed by Israeli initiated attacks?

It also appears you are mentioning the supposed aid from Iran that had guns and rockets. I believe this was debunked but do not have a source to prove this so it is speculation on my behalf.

So it is okay for USA to sell Israel WMD's but not okay for Iran to provide primitive weapons to Hamas who are an elected group, deemed as a terrorist organization yet they were legally voted in power?

I am sorry, I am not sure your post had any actual point to it. Please clarify.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

This comes on the heels of a report last week from Iranian state media that Israel had fired rounds into Lebanon. In reality Israel was conducting live fire drills near a village they are in the process of giving bck to Lebanon (Syria is pissed because they claim the town as well).

The Israelis were suppose to be conduicting more military manuevers and live fire drills, so that might be what was being reported.

The spying equipment is nothing new, so no surprise there.

Out of curiosity this si the 2nd time now I have seen an article state that Israel and Lebanon are in a state of war. Is this from Hezbollah, the offical Lebanese Government or what. I am not finding any other info on it.

top topics

join