It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by Annee

Rights are not mutually exclusive. In a nation of law, all parties have them. This gentleman has the right of free expression on his own property and the Muslims certainly have the right to practice their religion. Now the Muslim folks could go to the mosque to pray, but the gent's yard ain't going anywhere, hence in this situation, his rights should have prevailed.

This entire business, is meant to upset the order of society. It is to change the mores in how societies are governed. Fining people for yodeling is just the latest example. What do they call it when there is an organized movement to alter the fabric of society outside of the political process? Its called terrorism. This business is terrorism. When a group can force the government to restrict basic rights of expression by merely ask that those rights be restricted they have committed an act of state enabled terrorism.

The apeasment of these folks is going to cause the Western world to die a death by 1000 cuts. Small cuts indeed, but the resulting death is the same.

In case folks have not truly recognized what is actually going on here is that the Muslims are implementing an infrastructure of special rights the exercise of which will directly undermine the rights of the citizens of the nations they have immigrated to. It is happening on purpose, with full expectation of the outcomes. They are using our own freedoms and tolerance to destroy our freedom and impose their intolerance.

good post!

i'd also include that it is torture!

1000 cuts?

every instance like this tortures the whole native and acclimated population.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Sorry, I didn't read through all the pages. You know what? I don't care if some muslims are offended. Too damned bad. They don't have to move to a country where everything will offend them. Same here in the States, no matter where you come from, if you decide to live here then respect the ways of the country.

I am sick and tired of seeing how some cultures who move out of their countries have everything catered to them while citizens have to change for them. It's quite alright for us to be offended though isn't it?

I am absolutely on your side. I don't know why Americans and Allies are in Afghanistan and Iraq. I don't think, they complain about Moslems, who are mowing their garden and singing something, but this probalbly is more due to the fact, that nobody there has such little problems...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Rights are not mutually exclusive. In a nation of law, all parties have them. This gentleman has the right of free expression on his own property and the Muslims certainly have the right to practice their religion. Now the Muslim folks could go to the mosque to pray, but the gent's yard ain't going anywhere, hence in this situation, his rights should have prevailed.

Newsflash: other countries aren't governed or ruled by the laws or ''rights'' of the USA.

In our own countries, we like to live by our own laws.

You don't have the right of free expression or to practice your religion in your country (that being the two rights he mentioned)?

Why the hell did you ever let that happen?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Newsflash back - western societies are governed by a notion of common law, law which applies to all citizens and supercedes other form of law, be those local in design or those coming out of a religious doctrine. Austria has such a system and as such this gent's rights have been violated.

This has nothing to do with US law, what so ever

His rights have been violated, because an Austrian judge said he was wrong?
Are you a terrorist?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

At some point sane people are going to have to stand up and fight against this nonsense.
Absolutely. The questions then become, are you sane &, if so, what can you do? Do you have the courage to tell your neighbours that you've had enough of this bullsh# & you want their help to stop it? If you dont have the courage to risk ostracism, maybe you dare do something alone. What can you do alone that wouldn't be spun in the media against your aims?

Trust me, I'm not having a go @you. I want to believe that you are up for the challenge we all, as humans, face. Its just that there's only so much we can each do &, if we follow our instincts instead of using our intellect, then the chances are that those who were trained to rule will understand & have contingency plans for anything we might try.

Every day... each & every day... its a whole new world, my friend. Some can keep up; some cant. Those who derive benefit from the status quo have a vested interest in training people to fear change so they cant keep up.

What can you do?

Do it then, ffs!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
ibloga.blogspot.com... this guy explains it as it is and is must listen, go to blog talk radio on the right

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
You don't have the right of free expression or to practice your religion in your country (that being the two rights he mentioned)?

Free expression has limits.

While I can't speak with authority on Austrian legislation that surrounds this issue, here in Britain we have laws prohibiting incitement to racial and religious hatred.

I believe that the laws regarding this kind of issue are strict in Austria, due to a bit of 'guilty conscience' after WWII.

There's no need to act all high and mighty, because the USA has restrictions on free expression as well.

I'm also pretty sure that if someone spent their time in their front garden, shouting racially provocative slogans inciting racial hatred against black people, then measures would be taken to put a stop to it. Even if it was just locking the guy up in a mental institution.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I find it Offensive, and I'm not religious!
It's just another one those stupid things people do when they are alone on a Mountain.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

I find it Offensive, and I'm not religious!
It's just another one those stupid things people do when they are alone on a Mountain.

What? Yodeling?

I believe it was originally a form of communication in high mountain areas.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This whole thing is overestimated. It is just a usual quarrel in the neighborhood. Nobody would link to it here, if it was a pet-shop, complaining that a guy would make his dogs crazy, mowing the garden and barking loudly.

No, he is yodling, while Muslims pray. So it is his "national" right to yodle, since Austrians use to yodle and eat Wiener Schnitzel. Germans use to shout "Ozopft is!" and eat Sauerkraut, and they surely would not allow any foreign country to stop this. Law or not law. My bad, that I am not Bavarian and don't like Sauerkraut at all...

I hope, nobody in this thread, who thinks, that yodling and mowing is a basic human right, espescially while Muslims are praying in the neighborhood, is allowed to wear a gun. But I fear, many of you have one. Otherwise you would not talk like that.

And the women have a husband, who is ready to switch of the tv for a few minutes...

Brave new world!

I bet you could sell a lot of lawn mowers, showing the yodling heroe near a mosque, chasing women in khimars through his garden.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Siddharta because: typos, which could let me look like a yodler

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Anyone care to hear what annoys me??

I am beyond Fecking annoyed that Oozy and his band of pro-Islam Lapdogs haven't shown up to attempt to defend this..

I am of firm belief that our political correctness is going to lead to a complete take over by Muslims..

Muslims, when the minority, they will complain a little about annoyances and offensive items... BUT .. When the majority.. They will start killing people and even go as far as to kill their own for "dishonoring" their families.

I live in Michigan. We hear about it all of the time.. A 17 year old Muslim girl will show up at the police station asking for help.. Her father found out she was sexually active and is going to kill her. Occasionally the father will show up at the police station and be very honest about his intention.

We also have had a rash of Muslim women coming up missing... When they go to question the husband, they find he has caught a flight back to a middle eastern country.

The University of Michigan just had to spend 27K to install foot baths... Really? Foot baths? How about a under Turbin cleaning? Can't you wash your feet sufficiently in the shower?

I do take some comfort in living in Michigan... I am 30 miles from the highest concentration of Muslims in the US... Dearborn Michigan... They aren't gonna poop where they sleep... well I hope not..

A side note .Wanna get pissed off? The Muslims have had the noise ordinance lifted to allow call to prayer over loud speakers.

1) Hamtramck has approved the Islamic call to prayer to released five times a day over city loudspeakers and

2) Dearborn has agreed to consider making two Islamic holy days official city holidays.

See what happens when they edge close to the majority?

edit on 12/15/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
ok whats the religious-type dress that male muslims normally wear? I dont know the name of it, but I know what it looks like...

these guys were wearing that stuff. Then there were the locals reinforcing my suspicion these guys were muslim and indeed were attacking me because they didnt like how I looked (because of their beliefs). No, I wasn't walking around at night, it was still daylight out.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

And this is why they should go back to their islamic homeland.

They are incompatible with the west.

Austria huh?

Hmm. Need to take these sob's a little jager schnitzle for dinner. MMMM! pork! ist whats for dinner LOL!

oh, i'm so rude. Maybe a nice Kostritzer to wash it down with!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There are noise ordinance laws.... People of any religion have the ability to call police for help when people violate rules.

Its sad seeing how many people here are blinded.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by nenothtu

Free expression has limits.

That in no way explains or answers the question. The question was: "Why the hell did you ever let that happen?"

While I can't speak with authority on Austrian legislation that surrounds this issue, here in Britain we have laws prohibiting incitement to racial and religious hatred.

I commiserate. They're trying to do the same here. I suppose we'll see whether or not I allow that to happen. As it stands right now, I'm legally allowed to hate pretty much anyone I want to. I personally am pretty much an equal opportunity hater - I hate everyone equally. Thought-crime is still a little ways off here, but it's agreed that it's getting closer. They already grumble about something called a "hate crime" here, as if it were really illegal, and as if there were something that could be classed a "love crime". Don't ALL crimes involve some degree of hate? As you are well aware, "incitement" to do something is far and away different from mowing your lawn, and singing as you do it. Incitement generally pertains to talking someone else into doing what you yourself may not have the testicular fortitude to do. This gent, as I understand it, was mowing his lawn and singing all by himself.

I believe that the laws regarding this kind of issue are strict in Austria, due to a bit of 'guilty conscience' after WWII.

Well, I have to agree with you on this. They may subvert their own culture and identity to any foreigner they'd like to. I think, though, that even Austrians may prove to have their limits as a people in the final analysis, and draw a line.

There's no need to act all high and mighty, because the USA has restrictions on free expression as well.

Restrictions, yes, absence, no. It's understood pretty well around here that I can express myself any old way I'd like, as long as I do it on my own place. I can't however, go to the middle of town and express my displeasure by physically harming anyone. I can offend the hell out of them, and do so on a regular basis. They can offend me right back, and also frequently do so. Sometimes, it works the other way 'round, and they are "first-offenders". That's OK, too. We have an understanding like that.

I'm also pretty sure that if someone spent their time in their front garden, shouting racially provocative slogans inciting racial hatred against black people, then measures would be taken to put a stop to it. Even if it was just locking the guy up in a mental institution.

Uh, no. It doesn't cross the line until translated to action that causes physical injury or has real potential to cause imminent physical injury to another. We can holler all day long, and many do - of all races. Blacks around here are just as likely to get in on the fun as whites. Every Friday, there's a black muslim guy stands on the street corner on the next block down from my block talking all kinds of trash to passing folks. Long as it's just talk, I'm ok with it. Better nobody bother him when I'm around - and I'm usually SOMEWHERE around. I'd have to get active if anyone were to start chucking rocks - in either direction. He's actually a lot of fun to disagree with.

Nope. They don't put people in the looney bin for speaking their mind here. They used to do that in the USSR, though.

I wouldn't have it any other way. If those blacks I speak of ever get cowed into silence, we all will be gone. I'll be as offensive in defense of their right to speak out as my own because of that.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
And they wonder why people hate them

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
There are noise ordinance laws.... People of any religion have the ability to call police for help when people violate rules.

Its sad seeing how many people here are blinded.

I already used that information. I was told it didn't apply.

Actually - I used it as a parallel example of what actually happened to me. Meaning there are laws that apply to personal disturbance by a neighbor.

Some people don't choose to see the parallel.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

edit on 15-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: redundant

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Dearborn sucks thanks to the muslims

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that if you go to live in someone's country, you better damn well respect their culture. If you want to live in Austria and you are muslim, there is no problem with you practicing your religion...but when it gets to things like this (inciting religious hatred? for yodling? really? come on!), its gone too far. I feel bad for dearborne michigan folks..

I plan on visiting the pyramids at some point in the next year or so. I've been doing research about Egypt and their culture, because I do not want to go there and be seen as another rude tourist. I understand their culture is different and while I may not agree with their beliefs or like the things that they do (how they treat women for example) I will still respect that culture when in their country. I plan on wearing a headscarf, taking out my piercings, and wearing light coloured long sleeved shirt and long skirt. That is, as far as I have researched, a typical dress for women in the country. I do not wish to 'assimilate' as I will only be visiting, but I still feel respect to the culture is needed. Thats why I get so angry when these people demand respect for their cultures, yet disrespect ours.

These people are in Austria, or the example of the UK bowing to muslims, or the example of dearborne michigan...no, this isnt ok. We have to put a stop on it before it goes too far..and I'm not trying to be racist or xenophobic, I have no problem with other cultures being here. I do however have a problem with our cultures being over run and dominated by foreign ones, especiually when it comes to changing our own laws to suit them.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join