It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Are we really focusing on the issues here or are we just part of the system of divide and conquer?

Yes. The issue is that the entire situation is insane IMO, per my post.
The Judge's decision and neighbor's complaint both.

Where is the divide and conquer?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I hear ya.

Good point. But I don't think the judge got up one morning and over his breakfast sat back and thought to himself.
Ge I wonder if our ancient heritage is offensive to recent immigrants. I shall rule it offensive.

Come on, somebody had to lodge a complaint.

I highly doubt it was some guy or gal in their Lederhosen

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
To me this simply sounds like one more little crazy battle in the neighbourhood.

People accuse each other, because the cock of the neighbour should not cry before his alarm clock rings, another one heras the toads in a neighbours pond, and a third one has a dog, that barks to loudly.

On the other side of the fence are sitting the people, who try to get much smoke from the barbeque, because the wind blows it in neighbours garden, who pee at the neighbours fence, or who start yodeling, to disturb their prayer.

Simply childish behaviour and the judge corresponded to this in his decision.

Why does anybody think here, the judge does not know, what he does? It is just a simple case. I for my part think, the judge heard both sides and made a considered verdict.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
OK, then I have to ask for my rights to be upheld as well.

I want islam banned because all the things I read and hear about problems being caused in the name of islam around the world are REALLY bothering me.

Based on the Austrian judge's ruling, that's all I need to say for the ban, right?

Come on, civilized people of the world. These politically correct (or corrupt?) people and judges are showing you the way out of this. Start complaining and filing complaints about EVERYTHING the muslims do.

It's only fair, right?

edit on 12/15/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I think I'll do just that, send my congressmen, and judges statements siting the offensive demeanor, literature and anything else I can think of, to ban these muslims!

I'm offended that their offended to begin with!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Here's another example of how nauseating the "Muslim agenda" (and that's EXACTLY what it is) is getting:
A school is getting sued because they wouldn't give a Muslim teacher 3 weeks off to go on a pilgrimage to Mecca:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Unless I'm mistaken, don't teachers get THREE MONTHS OFF EVERY SUMMER??
She couldn't go to Mecca then??
I really can't take it anymore

(Advantage beat me to it! :lol

edit on 15-12-2010 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

HAH! Neener..
Im just happy to see others as outraged as I am.. the justice dept suing on her behalf? Ludicrous!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by sonjah1

T

At some point sane people are going to have to stand up and fight against this nonsense.

and who might that be??

I have lost faith in sanity, nowadays I just go with people of similar inanity levels as me, fact is that no one does anything because no one really does care about anything but getting by, without being bothered, without second thoughts, without missing their fav TV show.

II´m also of the idea that if you don't like then no one is holding you, the thing is that they cannot go back to where they came from because it all went to hell, but they do not realize that it all went to hell because of said retrograde, dark age mentality, they try to change things around them so it becomes more familiar, and less alien, and is in that process that things get bastardized and the insanity begins, no compromise will ever be reached, as we are all tugging in the wrong directions!

edit on 15-12-2010 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Advantage

Catering to these people, and i don't just mean the muslims, but all whom in effect, exploit us, and yet we are to bow down to their needs! I'm getting really pissed right now just thinking of the lunacy!
edit on 15-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

link   
why do we keep giving into them if they dont like the we we do things send them all home

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
im offended with a lot of thing muslims do but if i go and complain ill get arrested for being racist

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is an indication of many things, but ultimately it boils down to where people are identifying themselves as a culture/race first, a nationality second. Having read the report, as it was stated and doing a bit of research on the net, this is going to be a problem in the future. It can believed that there was some form of conflict that already existed there between the neighbors. When it is boiled down, the questions that arise, is would they have complained if he had done something else musical during their time of prayer, such as have a didgeridoo wailing in the back ground, would they have complained if say bagpipes were playing. Something tells me that they would have no matter what all was being played or sung. But further, when one looks at the article, the other question would be, did they talk to him, and explain that they find such offensive, and if they did, would he had been good natured enough to not do such and find another venue to show his good mood? Somehow, here again, it is probably unlikely, that they did, rather going for a lawsuit to try to push an issue that they can complain and use the courts to push their point of view on the rest of the surrounding community. I do believe them that perhaps the local community, as it is the season, should all put decorations out to show their faith, in silence, and then complain if their prayers and calls are too loud, stating that such is offensive. If the law is to be equal, then it has to apply both for and against all people equally.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
As a former muslim( shhh I could be killed for it) I just simply don't understand why people who are so sensitive choose places to live where almost everything around them is against islam??? For example if you're fasting, technically you should not be exposed to seeing the evil that is woman's hair. Does that mean that you should ask your neighbors to dress as ninjas during the month of ramadan?

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of muslim friend who don't try to impose their religion on me and we get along just fine. But those who are super-sensitive should go to Saudi Arabia and enjoy their religion and live us the F alone.

If you think this is bad, just wait till they become the majority.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Noise ordinances are hardly new. I had a crazy neighbor that complained about my TV being played too loud.

The city came out and put recording devices at the corners of my property to monitor it - - to see if I was breaking code.

I wonder if "you all" would have the same reaction if someone was singing Christian hymns publicly while mowing the lawn.

Anti-Muslim - - - is definitely the new hate.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And it would appear its a good " hate " considering they are practicing exploitation.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
JEE-ZUS KEE-RIST!

there! I've managed to offend EVERYONE, Christian, Muslim, and Atheist alike! I strive to be equally offensive to all men.

And most women....

Anyhow, I just LOVE people who are so damned easily offended! They get the "special" treatment.

Yodelling? In Austria? Whod'a thunk it? Who the hell taught those people to yodel?

Oh, right, they taught US to yodel - sort of invented it, I think.

Americans grill hot dogs.

Most hot dogs are pork.

Muslims don't like pork thingys.

Offensiveness: coming to a neighborhood near you.

I grill hot dogs every Friday. Who's in?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Catering to these people, and i don't just mean the muslims, but all whom in effect, exploit us, and yet we are to bow down to their needs! I'm getting really pissed right now just thinking of the lunacy!
edit on 15-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

Dear, you have a lot of company in being pissed off. Its gotten out of control, and Im not just speaking about the muslims.

Im not sure whats up with "the muslims" these days. Back when it just wasnt this way. Hell, I dearly love a few muslims whom Ive Ive known for YEARS.. they dont seem to get it either. It really does seem like some weird agenda to keep themselves chipping away at being equal and attaining a "special" status. Seriously, go ahead and worship whomever you want.. but dont expect everyone to walk on eggshells around you and afford you special treatment.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
here in the uk they play the race card and get everything thats going they are better of than most people that work and they get all the state beneffits and still moan and preach death in our streets this needs to stop if i we to call someone a paki or sinj-ma-jeep ill get locked up but nothing happens when they talk about killing soldiers and mps just flipping crazy

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Is there any end of this insanity?

NWO->polygamy

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Very nicely thought out and presented! s&f! And so very true!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It's not so bad, Annee. If a little decision of a lower court in a little country makes some people on the other sides of the world happy, it must be a good thing.

And on second thought: Does this not prove that Europe is overrun by Muslims? And doesn't it show, that they are all terrorists?

They even don't allow an old man yodeling, while mowing his garden. I guess, accidentally it is always time to mow the garden, when they are praying.

But since we all know, that they are planning to learn to fly Chessnas while praying, this old guy is a heroe! Fighting terrorism by mowing and yodeling them down.

This is a no-thread.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join