It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

www.israelnationalnews.com

It seems as though in Austria, the popular yodel is an insult to Muslims.

An Austrian court has recently fined a citizen for yodeling while mowing his lawn, according to a report in The Kronen Zeitung newspaper.

The citizen, 63-year-old Helmut G., was told by the court that his yodeling offended his next-door Muslim neighbors, who accused him of trying to mock and imitate the call of the Muezzin.

Unfortunately for Helmut G., his neighbors were in the middle of a prayer when he started
(visit the link for the full news article)

+64 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Is there any end of this insanity? The list of what Muslims find offensive and the catering of governments around the world to their demands is at an unbelievable level.

What else are Muslims offended by?

Women in pants
Women in schools
Alcohol
Christmas trees and Christmas music
Modern movies, music and television

The list goes on. That this gent would be given a steep fine for essentially whistling while he worked is one of the more outrageous things I have ever heard of. The folks next door could have simply closed their windows.

I wonder what the police would do if a Christian family was praying in their home while the neighbor blasted slash/death metal music right outside of their window. They might get a notice to turn it down, they would not get a fine.

They did not even ask this man to stop, they simply fined him for offending his Muslim neighbors.

All over the world is stripping people of basic freedoms for this rubbish. Why? Fear, thats why

www.israelnationalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wanted to provide an alternate source because some may view your source to be biased:

The men reportedly accused the 63-year-old of having tried to mock and imitate the call of the Muezzin. The daily paper writes the Austrian was fined 800 Euros after judges ruled he could have tried to offend them and ridicule their belief. The Muslims, whose nationalities were not revealed by the report, were right in the middle of a prayer when the Austrian started to yodel.

"It was not my intention to imitate or insult them. I simply started to yodel a few tunes because I was in such a good mood" the man told the newspaper today

This is a local news source, and so it might be considered less biased....so you're not accused of some crazy zionist agenda..lol...

www.austriantimes.at...

edit on 15-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

+121 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yodeling Offends Muslims

Who gives a rats furry butt if it offends them!
Yodeling and Austria go together like pees and carrots or Like Islam and stoning women.

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
WOW, we wouldn't want to offend them now would we? For pete's sake, yodeling is so much more offensive than they're preaching of allah, and their preaching that the innocent should be murdered!

I wonder if anyone would listen if I told them they're dress wearing, muff for mustache having selves offend me just by the very stench of them?

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Lets just give up everything and anything because it may offend another group....

This is really getting WAY out of hand, absolutely disgusting.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So. Neighbors are in the middle of prayer and the man mowing his grass needs to alter his actions to accommodate them? That's insane.

+63 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Anyone who is offended by anything culturally inherent to the country in which they are not native not born into the culture of should leave and find a place less offensive, not try to change the place they are in to suit.

I am immigrant to Mexico, do I get offended by violin and guitar music at 3am. It annoys me sure cos its 3am but it part of the place. So if you don't like it you can always leave!.

THIS WORLD IS MAAAAAAAAAAAAAD I TELLS YA MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
ATS Mods I'm about to Break the T & C and offend people

edit on 15-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Thanks for that. Local source, same nonsense.

On almost a daily basis freedoms are being stripped from people. The kids a few weeks ago who was told he could not have an American flag on his bike because it was offensive to hispanics in a public school, the vet who was forced to remove the American flag from his porch. Now you can't Yodel in Austria if you are within a certain distance of a Muslim, for fear of offending them.

At some point sane people are going to have to stand up and fight against this nonsense.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
THIS WORLD IS MAAAAAAAAAAAAAD I TELLS YA MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
so, when is the time that we all stand up for our own rights ?
We have 100's of mosques in Sydney, and every friday, yes there is a plenitude of noise pollution in my opinion emanating from the damn loud speakers. Maybe time for a local church group to get their loud speakers going on Sunday's mass.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
haha, I just had to respond to this thread
This is a joke, this world is a joke
What a Dumb PC World.

However we should all hate the Judge more than muslims in my opinion

Though I agree with everyone completely that said who cares what they think
I have yet to see anyone comment on the idiodicy of the judge
Nobody even spoke about him yet

Isn't there something wrong with that?

Are we really focusing on the issues here or are we just part of the system of divide and conquer?
Dislike the muslims a little for this, fine
But not ONE mention of the judge yet???????????

Come on guys

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

She can Yo de-le-he-he, me all the way to the bedroom! Damn she's hot!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Im getting really offended by people being offended by everything... and suing and demanding special treatment

Kind of like this.. lets SUE SUE SUE.. lookie Im religiously oppressed! Im starting to wonder if Muslims can figure out school calendars before they take jobs that require their presence.
How about fashioning your life and employment to mesh with your chosen religion rather than demanding everyone around you cater to you and your choices?? Maybe??

www.nydailynews.com... =news/national

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ok to make you feel better, the judge is dumb! happy?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Have the Yodelers learn to yodel "Allāhu Akbar" a few times whilst yodeling and everyone can be happy.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I find it kind of funny that the complaint was about the yodeling, rather than the lawnmower itself. Those things are loud enough (assuming that is was a gas powered mower). This guy must have been sounding off one hell of a yodel.

On topic...what a lousy ruling from the judge. Admittedly though, I have no knowledge of Austrian law, so I can't really say whether the judge was in his/her right or not. What's worse is that the law even had to get involved. This could have, seemingly, been worked out if the neighbors had simply respected one another and come to some compromise on the timing of prayer/yodeling. I suppose it was just too much to ask for the Muslim family to wear earplugs while praying or for the yodeler to use his inside voice.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You got to be kidding me man. My question is, why in the hell would the Austrian Government even cater to this kind of nonsense? Has there been other issues between the neighbors? If not then this has got to be one of the most ridiculous acts of law enforcement i have heard of in a while. Wow.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here's another example of how nauseating the "Muslim agenda" (and that's EXACTLY what it is) is getting:
A school is getting sued because they wouldn't give a Muslim teacher 3 weeks off to go on a pilgrimage to Mecca:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Unless I'm mistaken, don't teachers get THREE MONTHS OFF EVERY SUMMER??
She couldn't go to Mecca then??
I really can't take it anymore

(Advantage beat me to it! :lol

edit on 15-12-2010 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join