It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day of the week and their meaning!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hey -

I realized that a while back...
Every day of the week is a day of a planet.
So why is there only 7 days?
Here's the list

(in english and french....the planet are even more obvious in french)

Sunday / Dimanche = Sun Day
Monday / Lundi = Moon Day
Tuesday / Mardi = Mars Day
Wednesday / Mercredi = Mercury Day
Thursday / Jeudi = Jupiter Day
Friday / Vendredi = Venus Day
Saturday / Samedi = Saturn Day

So we're missing a Earth Day, Neptune Day and Uranus Day.

Meaning anything????

According to some biblical sources, the day of the Lord was Saturday and have been moved by the church to sunday because they actually worship the Sun God.

...It's what I heard.

Should we be living on a 9 day/week calendar, with the 13 months of the moon cycle?

It would explain why the seasons seems to be moving around and why we feel so disconnected.
Was it done on purpose to separate humans from the simple connections with the stars and cosmic cycle?

Shed light on the subject if you have some.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Learn the Mayan calender if your really interested in what the days mean. Forget the western version....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMSEEKER

Japanese have a different meaning for the days than the western. Also those are just their planetary representations. There are many meaning based off era, and location.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

But do every calendar work on a 7 day/week pattern or was the western model simply invented to make it easy for people to work. (ie) Enslave..? (like daytime changing, etc)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Interesting.. im french and i never realized the similaritys in the names to planets. wether it means somethin or not.. good find

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
"According to some biblical sources, the day of the Lord was Saturday and have been moved by the church to sunday because they actually worship the Sun God. "

Just to clarify. It was changed by the Roman Catholic Church from Saturday to Sunday. Most other Christian churches, for some reason followed suit.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

In the ancient days before telescopes, the only observable celestial objects were the ones named in the week.

In other words they just couldn't see Uranus and Neptune with the naked eye.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Good little overview - Sure would take a long time to actually comprehend the whole thing but it just seems that the western calendar is really based on being efficient and practical instead of being accurate.

I definitely think that even tho it was maybe not done on purpose (ie) westerners just didn't comprehend how the cosmic cycles affect everything, that it is a strong source for this feeling of disconnection we live in...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Makes total sens....but now that we know...it may definitely have some influence....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

true... which is an abomination to christianity. the roman catholic church changed the day in it's own power, and in doing so basically putting itself above God... just think about that.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I think that if you click on the link in my signature then you will get a very good understanding of why this was done and answers to ALL of your questions in your OP as well.

edit on 12/15/2010 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Thanks - seems like I have a lot of reading ahead of me!
Looks interesting!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Not a problem.
I hope that you enjoy it.

The OP is long in itself but the thread is up to about 165 pages and the contributions are very well made.

At times people come in and try to derail it, but we do a good job of policing the thread ourselves.

I would recommend reading the entire thread if you can, but do it in small doses.
It is SO much information to digest at one time.

Cheers mate!

join