It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain set for fresh Arctic blast

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by woogleuk
BP / Gulf stream: No, just no, the oil spill was tiny compared to the ocean and the stream.

But the stream is now gone irregardless of the BP spill, is it not?

Gulf stream is just fine
rads.tudelft.nl...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

BP / Gulf stream: No, just no, the oil spill was tiny compared to the ocean and the stream.

But the stream is now gone irregardless of the BP spill, is it not?

Gulf stream is just fine
rads.tudelft.nl...

I wasn't exactly clear (expecially since I'm not an expert on oceanic activity). I didn't mean the gulf stream, I meant two other streams (or currents or whatever) by the UK/Iceland/Norway. There was some ATS thread some time back about how they just dissapeared... excuse me on my ignorance of not knowing more information on this subject

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I think it's called the jet stream, and I think that's what's causing the weather at the moment.

en.wikipedia.org...

It hasn't disappeared though.
edit on 17/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
snow would be ok if it wasnt so cold, although writing your name with your pee is always a bonus.

Yeah, if only they could come up with warm snow!

I actually heard someone at work the other day saying it wouldn't snow as it is, and I quote, "too cold for snow"..

WTF?

Too cold for snow? Someone had better tell that to the Arctic....

As it happens, at the moment here in Berkshire, it is about -5c outside, all the wet from yesterday has turned to ice and we had a light dusting. Apparently the big snowfall is due tomorrow, which is good as I am expecting my PS3 to be delivered today.. I would be mighty miffed if my present to myself got held up by white stuff...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I think it's called the jet stream, and I think that's what's causing the weather at the moment.

en.wikipedia.org...

It hasn't disappeared though.
edit on 17/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

That be correct. The Gulf stream is the oceanic current and the Jet Stream the atmospheric current. It has weakened over the last few weeks, allowing cold arctic and siberian air to flood down over the UK..

Anyhoo, I am looking forward to it this time round. In the last cold snap, I was working away from home in Brum, so was worried about getting stuck, but in 21 minutes I am finsihed for 12 days, so will take the kids out and throw large balls of ice at their chubby little faces! Can't wait!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

pppfft, lucky for some, I get Christmas day and new years day off, still going out on mad Friday though, just not sure if that's tonight or next Friday, lol

With any luck the snow will hit bad and work will be shut, not a sign of the white stuff though, a little bit yesterday, but didn't lay

<< 1  2   >>

join