It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain set for fresh Arctic blast

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I woke up to to 1 ft (12 inches or 30.5 cm) of snow this morning that fell overnight and have seen well over 4ft fall in one day... This is a regular occurrence ......

Just thought I'd let you know how good you really have it.
edit on 15-12-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Every conspiracy theorist on here knows this is a HAARP operation to put a chilly end to the student protests and to allow the bankers and royalty to sleigh in peace. Camilla is a toboggan pro.
Right guys?

edit on 15-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

lol

More like this is the result of the BP oil spill eliminating the gulf currents. The UK should expect much harsher winter conditions from here on out, so better stock up on firewood.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

So what you are saying then is that fewer inches over a short time period is preferable!!

Top one!! My Luck is in then!!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Lol, it's 80 degrees F. here in north Texas right now.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah, combined with the Norway spiral (revisted, revisited, revisted), the LHC and Nibiru..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

More preferable than Intermitent bursts of it....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Every conspiracy theorist on here knows this is a HAARP operation to put a chilly end to the student protests and to allow the bankers and royalty to sleigh in peace. Camilla is a toboggan pro.
Right guys?

edit on 15-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

lol

More like this is the result of the BP oil spill eliminating the gulf currents. The UK should expect much harsher winter conditions from here on out, so better stock up on firewood.

We do not need firewood in the UK. We just tap into all the hot air in the houses of parliament.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yeah, that was my joke theory. I have heard that about the currents too. Also, though I haven't kept up with it, people had mentioned the sun's activity. Last time it went into, I think, an extreme solar minimum England had a "little ice age." Though I honestly don't know much about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Removed

Bad pun

edit on 15-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

i live in leatherhead surrey and the m25 is less than a mile away, snow here was very bad, definatly more than a foot, the roads where ice and the schools and shops were closed but in kingston about 4 or 5 miles it never really settled, so i suppose it can be very different in places not so far from each other.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Its crazy, here in Scotland the main M8 motorway came to a standstill along with numerous other major roads. People had to spend the night in their cars out in the freezing cold. Airports closed, fuel shortages etc.

A few days ago a few major retailers stopped taking orders for delivery in Scotland. More snow and 'arctic conditons' forcast to start tonight, heres to round 2, i'm all stocked up

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Usually by the rounds but this ones on us.Round 2 that is.probs be better if it stayed at -14 then at least we know we can stick the ole chains on the car and they`d work.I think northerners will no what I mean !soft snows a bugger,slip slide away.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by dylandalek

Yep! Sex is like snow, you never know how many inches you're going to get or how long it will last

Star for you for making me laugh

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I have some really serious questions that i dont get have not been reported yet

a few weeks ago this post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

apeard saying the jet stream had moved way south of its normal position over Europe, i didn't pay much attention as i do not know much about the nature of the jet stream. Then 2 days ago I looked at current infra red weather maps of Europe and the world for that matter, and the Jet Stream is not there AT ALL anymore (in Europe)..... is it normal for it to fluctuate this much and actually disappear half way across the Atlantic like it does?

www.wunderground.com...
edit on 16-12-2010 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
8 Inches forecaste for Worcester, massive snow band coming in from the west to east Saturday

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
any thoughts on my post ???? i hope its nothing but if my suspicion is right, its rather alarming

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by amkia
Huh..

Do you know what would be the result of this “snowy weather” next year spring when it starts smelting..??

FLOOD…!

Great stuff, snow comes and the board comes out, it melts and the kayak comes out.....sorted

Be safe be well, warm and cosy

Spiro

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
More snow...yeah. As much as I love the snow, trekking through for it for essentials isn't fun where I live.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Snowed earlier today here in west Cumbria, didn't lay though, I think Scotland's got it the worst.

I love all the paranoid fear mongers rushing in with various ice age theories, bloody hell, it was worse than this in 1997!

HAARP:- Designed to excite a small part of the ionosphere to enhance radio communications, nothing to do with the damned weather!

BP / Gulf stream: No, just no, the oil spill was tiny compared to the ocean and the stream.

Niburu: It's not there, it's not coming, and it's not made of cheese (well, the story is)

Solar activity: Yes the sun is undergoing a minimum, but it was still one of the warmest summers on record, not guilty!

It's all to do with the amount of fresh water hitting salt water and affecting currents or something, I think, I read it somewhere, maybe that's wrong too, but it's a lot more credible than other stories.

Get plenty of warm clothes on and go out and enjoy the snow, nothing beats it for bringing out the child in a person!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
BP / Gulf stream: No, just no, the oil spill was tiny compared to the ocean and the stream.

But the stream is now gone irregardless of the BP spill, is it not?

<< 1    3 >>

join