It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you add a friend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Don't flame me; I know this is an ignorant question. But the board looks different than when I used to come here...searched around a bit then thought I'd post this.

Thanks in advance

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Hover over where it says "member" underneath someones avatar (on the posting screen like this one you can see now), and then click on "add as friend"

edit on 15-12-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
...and that's where you can do pretty much everything else with regard to a member too (Make a friend, make a rival, see their posts, send a u2u, alert the staff, etc).

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Ok, I shall try it out.

Many thanks!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Cool, Frogs!

When I u2u I always go to tools and proceed.

I guess that will save me some steps. Appreciated.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Ohhhh Sonjah....

I really feel sorry for you being stuck in the cold with no winter gear and in a hotel with two kids.

At least it's a suite, right?

How is everything going up in cold land?
It's snowing(actually more like icing) here in the ATL, which is where I am from.

If you have any questions about the beta version of ATS then feel free to PM me and I will answer it to the best of my ability.

BTW....
If you go your profile and look at your total points.
You are above 10,000. That is more than twice mine, but I was post banned and probably lost a good bit for that episode and I will leave it at that.

But you are dwarfing most people on points.
So, if anyone makes that same comment to you again, then just point them to your profile to quiet them down.

edit on 12/15/2010 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Does friending serve any actual purpose?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

It depends on what kind of experience you are looking for. If you want to talk to others socially, bounce ideas off of others without having it show up in a thread, etc. then it could be a good idea. However, with my limited experience of having friends on here, I'm not an expert on the matter.

Also, if you are competitive and are into gaining on the ATS points, flags, stars, and other novelties, I have heard others say that it is good to have friends to "advocate" for you, perhaps?

Good question, though

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Your friends posts used to show up in Green, so you could tell them from the rest, but that feature has recently gone,

I don't really know what the purpose is either

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I am not competitive in that way. I am here to learn and to, where possible, share my knowledge and beliefs. Anything else is, at most, icing on the cake. Thanks for the replys.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I've yet to find any use for the points / stars / applause either...

It's nice to get applause from the mods sometimes though, it's like getting a gold star from a teacher

top topics

join