It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basic Info of Chinese Air force, F-10 etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The post about Chinese F 10 fighter got lots of responses
but is way off the topic now.I would argue before you start to
claim or argue anything, you need to provide or know some basic information about this topic based on a reliable source

I recommend this English website

www.sinodefence.com...

because it deals with the content in a "professional" way than most
English websites established by military fans, and also
in a very comprehensive way, and of course well written in English.

Want to know more about Chinese F-10 fighter,
check out
www.sinodefence.com...

My opinion about F-10 , pretty clear,sure it is one generation behind F22,
which is quite normal given the fact that China is a developing country. But it is a good step to further research and development. We will gradually
catch up with western countries, although it is going to take decades.

About politics of taiwan-china relationship, to be honest,
this is definitely not a clear cut issue as declared by
either side, one says it's defending the democracy, the
other says it's defending the sovereign. I don't think
anyone is quite qualified to discuss this before you learn
enough history of it and has heard both side�s stories.

I believe both sides will eventually solve
this issue peacefully, the key is more
communication and understanding,
less stubborn ideology.

But I am against anyone who is suggesting any idea
about a nuclear war, which is insane.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by flywing]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   

My opinion about F-10 , pretty clear,sure it is one generation behind F22,

one generation that may be true but the J-10 can be beaten by the F-16 which is 30 years old so china has a lot of grount to make up like 30+ years

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
J-10 was developed with help from Israel. They shared some of their technology from the failed Lavi fighter project. The Isaeli Lavi was based on the F-16. So you see in the end the J-10 is a much modified F-16.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The J-10 was essentially made by reverse engineering a pakistani F-16A

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
well, I won't reach a conclusion that F-10 is a reverse engineering
of F16A based on the info of the website. The aerodynamic shape
is very different between them. I quote here:"The initial design of the J-10 was partially based on the cancelled J-9 fighter, a hybrid of the MiG-23-Flagger-style fuselage with Saab JAS-37-Viggen-style delta wings and front canards. ", and yes "During its early years the J-10 programme also benefited from the IAI Lavi fighter technology. ", it is the origin of its
low-mounted delta wings.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i would just like to say that the J-10 is MORE then 1 gen behind the F-22. For it to be a single gen behind it would have to be able to directly compete with F-15, Euro Fighter ect which it can't. It is more likely a 3rd++ generation aircraft. This is not to bash the aircraft or belittle Chinas acomplishment, because I do believe that they will be producing world class aircraft sooner rather then later. It's just that it doesn't hold up against true 4th gen aircraft.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I agree with American Mad Man on that J-10 can't compete with F15 or
Euro Fighter. Just like America has F15 heavy fighter and F16
light fighter in the service now, and F22 and JSF in the
future. We are making Su-27 as our heavy fighter
and F-10(J 10) as light fighter. That is why I quote
"The J-10 is regarded to be comparable to the F-16C/D
in general performance". Of course when the Su 27 and J 10
reach the level of full service with a large amount of planes,
America will have F22 in the service. We have a long way
to go, but we are patient and hopefully we can advance faster
and faster in this field.

About Chinese wersion Su-27(J-11), please check out
www.sinodefence.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yes China is advancing fast but it is not the Airforce that impresses me. The Chinese Navy is building many new advanced classes of ships. While not as advanced as the DD-X, CG-X, or LCS they are great improvments over the old Soviet equipment they have been using.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
how dose the J-10 stand up against the F-16 50block or all the other upgraded F-16? and i still think in combat the F-16 would have the edge.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Because the J-10 is based on a upgraded F-16, ie Lavi. The Lavi was a project to take an F-16 and improve it to get better performance. While I am not sure about avionics and such the design seems impressive. The F-16 has always had a slight disavantage. It has a small wing area and its intakes are fixed. This limits performance. You cant blame the aircraft or designers though. When the F-16 was first designed it was ment to be a very simple fighter. All it was designed to carry was 2 AIM-9s and the 20mil gun. Also the radar was only to be a simple ranging unit. This simple design was adopted because it was thought that the F-16 could be produced in huge numbers as the Soviet did with the Migs. In the end this did not work. The F-16 was upgraded and upgraded and now it is an impressive fighter today. It is better in the air to ground than many fighters but becuase of the design factors it has some limitations in the air.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
West Point, please stop bringing your American **** in here.
Do you have any basis for suggesting that the F-16 can easily destroy the J-10? I think not. The two have never, to my knowledge, met in a combat situation.
We arent here to debate your pathetic American Patriotism you seem to bring into EVERY SINGLE **** thread, but to discuss the capabilities of the J-10. If you sincerely believe something about it, then post some ****ing proof.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yes he is correct. I suggest that you read over the whole thread, think about it a little, and post something worthwhile.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hey ***** read my thread I never said the F-16 would destroy the j-10 I said it would have an edge if it was upgraded to a 50/60block F-16 and the F-16 is battle tested aircraft the J-10 isn't even so I never said the J-10 would be easy to kill with the F-16.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Cut out the swearing and name calling or I close the thread!

D

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
i would just like to say that the J-10 is MORE then 1 gen behind the F-22. For it to be a single gen behind it would have to be able to directly compete with F-15, Euro Fighter ect which it can't. It is more likely a 3rd++ generation aircraft. This is not to bash the aircraft or belittle Chinas acomplishment, because I do believe that they will be producing world class aircraft sooner rather then later. It's just that it doesn't hold up against true 4th gen aircraft.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by American Mad Man]

I would agree with that. Definitely more than one generation behind. BUT China has to start somewhere, you develop an aircraft that is the best in the world straight away.

We all know that the J-10 can't compete with the best, but just remember, everyone has to start somewhere and China is starting with the J-10.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jetsetter
J-10 was developed with help from Israel. They shared some of their technology from the failed Lavi fighter project. The Isaeli Lavi was based on the F-16. So you see in the end the J-10 is a much modified F-16.

This thread may be old, but assertions that the Chengdu J-10 was based partly on the IAI Lavi were military.china.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">denied in a 2007 interview by Chinese aircraft designer Song Wencong, who noted that the J-10 was similar in many respects to the canceled J-9 fighter project, and www.hrjs.net..." target="_blank" class="postlink">in a 2012 interview PLAAF colonel Zhang Weigang supported Song's assertion that the J-10 was a homegrown design. The designation F-10 cited in this thread is the designation used for J-10s optimized for export to foreign customers, namely China's close South Asian ally Pakistan (the export version of the Chengdu J-7 derivative of the MiG-21 was known as the F-7).

new topics

top topics

join