It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO planes bomb school in Afghanistan! (Time to leave or what?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

NATO’s warplanes mistakenly bombed a school near the administrative center of Baglan province in Afghanistan on the night of Tuesday to Wednesday. The school and three nearby houses were destroyed. A woman and a child who happened to be near the building during the attack were wounded.

Source: english.ruvr.ru...

I found this in the Russia press-they usually have this type of news way before it gets out in the US. Not much else printed. Sounds like a simple mistake with NO Deaths. Right?

I then found this only other thing about it-so far:

NATO Forces Bomb Afghan School by “Accident”, Kill 30 “Suspects” by Scott Creighton

Here’s a bit of luck for you. A day before the Obama administration is going to make public their redacted review of the war in Afghanistan, it is being reported that NATO airstrikes in that country “accidentally” hit a school and killed 30 people overall (who have yet to be officially identified). But not to worry, our puppet governor of that area says everything is just fine…

“In a series of air strikes launched yesterday in the Baghlan Province in northern Afghanistan, the NATO forces destroyed a public school as well as killing 30 “suspected Taliban militants,” according to the provincial governor.

The governor termed the attack on the school an “accident,” and so far there have been no reports of civilian casualties from that particular attack.” AntiWar

“A rocket fired by NATO aircraft destroyed a school, but there were no immediate claims of civilian casualties, the governor said.” M&C

The military assault was what is being called a “clearing operation”. That’s where the U.S. and NATO forces rush into an area like a little village, and they quickly set up a base camp while a couple “teams” go out into the surrounding homes, searching them, and looking for things from weapons to “propaganda”. They round-up the “evil doers” and when it’s all done, they pat themselves on the back for making the area “clean”

Marines Website

“After setting security and beginning construction, the unit launched into the counter-insurgency operation. Marine squads, partnered with the Afghan National Army, swept across the surrounding farmland and engaged the local populace one compound at a time. Local villagers in the area embraced the Marines, welcoming them into their homes and allowing them to search for weapons, bomb-making materials, contraband and Taliban propaganda.”

Source: ______beforeitsnews/story/310/743/NATO_Forces_Bomb_Afghan_School_by_Accident,_Kill_30_Suspects_Obama_Pleased_With_Afghan_War.html

Enough already. When we start bombing local schools-by accident. Okay, on purpose. WTF is the difference? It is time for us to leave. We have become worse than what we are there to fight-in many of theri eyes, I am sure.

I have 3 relatives there now. I don't want them suffering because us Obama or anyone else. I don't want to see them make a mistake that could ruin their lives-for a war gone wrong.

We just don't have the ability to win Without the common people support. Guess what, You start bombing schools and killing/injuring people. And then use media reports to cover up or lessen the concerns TIME TO GO>

If those people in those towns and cities aren't running into the streets like they did in France and Italy when the Allied liberate them in WWII, Guess What.. You aren't wanted there.

Let Russia deal with them, again. LOL.

Comes down to this. They don't want us there, they don't want our type of Gov't, they don't want our religions, they don't want our way of life. Got the picture.

Can anyone out there defend us staying any longer?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately it is all about the money, not human lives. I hope your family members get home safely. But with all do respect, they did join didn't they. That is their job. I know that the war stinks, but when the money-man says fight, you fight.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

But wait the soldiers do good, they give kids toys. lol

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The war was NEVER justified... it was an INVASION and was an unprovoked, imperialistic take-over of the middle-east.

THINK ABOUT THIS PEOPLE, READ MY WORDS VERY CAREFULLY AND ASK YOURSELVES,

EVEN IF A RADICAL "TERRORIST" (ISLAMIC/MIDDLE EASTERN) GROUP WILFULLY HI-JACKED THE PLANES ON 911 AND CAUSED THE INCIDENT , WHERE IS THE JUSTIFICATION TO INVADE IRAQ, REMOVE THE LEADER, INVADE AFGHANISTAN, REPLACE ITS LEADER AND CONTINUE TO BOMB THE HELL OUT OF THE SURROUNDING TERRITORIES (SUCH AS PAKISTAN)

So I guess ...if that makes sense, this must... " if a radical group of mexicans hi-jack ... I don't know...a plane or two... and fly them into the empire state... the US has justification to invade Columbia, Venezuala and/or Ecuador... Kill the majority of their armies, police their people and exchange their leader.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .... AND TAKE ALL OF THEIR RESOURCES!!!!!!!!!

edit on 15-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Is this the prescision bombing the US brags about??
I find it hard to believe they bomb anything by accident..
They have had 9 years of free rein in the air to map the entire country...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72Comes down to this. They don't want us there, they don't want our type of Gov't, they don't want our religions, they don't want our way of life. Got the picture.

Can anyone out there defend us staying any longer?

Dear Anon72,
Isn't that the major issue though? Without willingly causing yet more strife, but the main issue is the arrogance of a nation to believe it is the judge and jury of the planet. Namely the US of A. I could quote post after post on this very forum where blindly nationalistic Americans spout inane comments about their belief that the US of A has the God given right to police the world, and it's expected to.. oh and had they not, all of Europe would be speaking German.

Sadly the truth isn't quite up to par, is it? Vietnam was obviously not a good enough lesson learnt. In truth, everyone should have the right to police their own country as they wish, but pipelines run through Afghanistan and those need to be "protected", right?

Regards,
T

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
We should not have been there in the first place as the whole thing is just a pack a lies. Now I know the remorse, guilt and embarrassment some Germans feel in relation to WW2. When is the media finally going to wake up and shut these psychopaths down?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The last thing Richard Holbrook said before he went into surgery where he passed (RIP)
was:
"we have to get out of Afghanistan"

I was just reading an unofficial angus ried poll
Some 72 percent of respondants ( Canadian ) voted ( so far) that we should get out of there.

new topics

top topics

join