It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police may ban future marches to prevent disorder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Police may ban future marches to prevent disorder

www.telegraph.co.uk

Police may ban anti-Government marches through central London to prevent further disorder and strain on officer numbers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The endgame.

Jody McIntyre dragged out of his wheel chair, to incite violence so they they can then take away our right to protest!

Most peopl I know are angry at the protesters for the damage they caused especially swinging from the war memoria. However they don't look into it enough. Agent provocateur etc etc

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

What the UK needs is a huge protest march to protest the banning of protest marches..

Really...
The people own the streets, not the police or the Government..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

hehe great plan. Lets do it!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
So how many officers they expect to use to fine or imprison the illegal protesters?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Not going to make any difference if they try to simply protect the small bit of land surrounding the Palace of Westminister, not stopped anyone in the past, not going to stop anyone in the future.. silly idea if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It will never happen because there's not enough cops and military too busy with more important stuff.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
"Now these ghosts come alive like water and wine
Walk through the streets singing songs and carrying signs
To them these streets belong!"

Don't ever forget it, Britain.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
All right America. You ready to lose your 1st amendment rights? Well ready or not because here it comes.

THE TIME TO PROTEST IS NOW.

The pressure is rising, and we are about to become criminals for voicing any negative opinions about the poeple running the show.

THESE MEN AND WOMEN ARE CRIMINALS.

This is their final plan to take away true freedom. Any of you who believe this is for your own safety should pull your head out of wherever is is and realize what they are going to do!!! By now theres been people predicting this for at least the last 4 to 5 years and yet none of us have taken any steps to prevent it.... In fact we've helped them push it right along because of APATHY and LAZINESS, BUT MOST OF ALL FEAR.

Our brothers and sisters in Britain are fighting a battle that will soon come here. We must act now before it's too late for us. GOOD LUCK BRITAIN.

It's time to shed fear and stand up for ourselves. Very soon people like me are going to be labeled as criminals because I choose FREE WILL and LIBERTY. Very soon the government will try to put people like me behind bars for taking a stand against corruption. Very soon they will do the same to you.

Do you like being able to think how you want to think and act how you want to act? Can you be responsible for your own life? Do you want the government to help you put your diapers on every morning? DO ANY OF YOU REMEMBER THE TASTE OF BEING FREE MEN AND WOMEN?

THE TIME IS NOW. I don't know how many times we have to go over it for it to stick, but we are running out of hours to make something happen. Each day that goes by is another day wasted. We need to get out to DC and tell them we aren't playing by their rules any more. We need to remind them that the PEOPLE, not the politicians or the banksters, are the ones who run this country. AND WE MUST MAKE A REAL CHANGE.

I am pleading with you America, I am begging you to WAKE UP. SMACK YOURSELVES IN THE FACE AND OPEN YOUR EYES TO THEIR CORRUPTION.

Our Bill of Rights was given to us by the founders of our country as a reminder that WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO OUR DUTY AS FREE MEN AND WOMEN; WHEN THE GOVERNMENT STARTS ACTING LIKE IT'S ACTING NOW, WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING IT BACK AND MAKING OUR COUNTRY SANE AGAIN.

PLEASE HELP ME TAKE A STAND.

I can't do it alone. If we got together with one UNITED VOICE, and told them WE ARE DONE WITH YOUR TYRANNY, they would be forced to listen. WE MUST DO THIS. WE WILL HAVE NO FUTURE IF WE DON'T.

edit on 15-12-2010 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

What the UK needs is a huge protest march to protest the banning of protest marches.. Really... The people own the streets, not the police or the Government..

The Crown owns the streets and all of the UK

“Queen Elizabeth II the largest landowner on Earth.”

Queen Elizabeth II, head of state of the United Kingdom and of 31 other states and territories, is the legal owner of about 6,600 million acres of land, one sixth of the earth’s non ocean surface.

She is the only person on earth who owns whole countries, and who owns countries that are not her own domestic territory. This land ownership is separate from her role as head of state and is different from other monarchies where no such claim is made ... www.whoownstheworld.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

So the reduction in Police numbers due to the completly unecessary cuts and inadequate and inapropriate policing results in reduced civil liberties.

How convenient and very predictable.
edit on 15/12/10 by Freeborn because: E's are good

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The more angry the marches become, the more the elite will laugh at your predictability. They will continue to poke you with a stick, you will fight back, they will poke you some more. Like a dog backed into the corner you will lash out at them, and like animals they will put you down.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
The more angry the marches become, the more the elite will laugh at your predictability. They will continue to poke you with a stick, you will fight back, they will poke you some more. Like a dog backed into the corner you will lash out at them, and like animals they will put you down.

And if we don't fight back they put agents amongst us to do it for us...
How to win???

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

What I have read, history wise, shows it has gone the 180 degrees the other way. You see the State provoking the people while I see the people provoking the State. Once the State is pushed into going full retard than people will have begin becoming truly violent. While the State will try to maintain control it's a war of attrition be it bodies or dollars. As long as the people can last the nation will descend into anarchy for better or for worse.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by The_Phantom

And if we don't fight back they put agents amongst us to do it for us...
How to win???

Two steps to victory:

Take control the means of production and assets of the elite.

Organize the masses and revolt.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The problem with 'Protesting' is that there are 2 types of protester.
You have the proper protester, there to make a statement about the way things are, and how wrong it is etc.
Then you have the fake protester, there to either, any or all of the following,
To jump on the bandwagon, but not really understanding the reason behind the protest.
To cause violence and trouble simply because they are dis-establishment.
To cause trouble because they are paid to by the authorities so the authorities can clamp down on justified and legal protests.

Now I have NO problem with protesters in general but I cannot abide the latter form, the faker. or the anarchist or the Agent Provocateur.
None of them realise the damage they are doing for either the short term or the long run.
The short term being that sooner or later they will cause the authorities to come down hard on the genuine protest and are there to simply 'have fun and smash something', hence giving the police a reason to wade into the crowd batons waving.
The LONG TERM is the real thing they do not think nor care about, for if they are either anarchists, then the government is to be despised for NOT allowing future protests, and the Agent Provocateur thinks that is's OK if he's given orders to 'cause trouble' to allow the police to step in, but when the time comes in the future who do you think will save HIM from the authorities abuses?
Something the AP hasn't given ANY thought about, all they can see is either 'orders' or paypacket.

Next protest people need to unmask both the anarchist AND anyone willing to goade the authorities into violence (they usually are an AP), and the AP are the first to duck back into the crowd, genuine protesters NEED and SHOULD distance themselves from the faker and the AP either by pointing them out to the authorities, or better yet, surround them, strip them naked and then push them to the front of the protest, that way they not only realise they can and WILL be stopped from causing any hassle but also embarassed so they don't do it again.

Here in the UK we do not have guns, but the authorities do, but we the public ( once we can get off our backsides) have greater numbers, and the authorities have got to sleep sometime right? sooner or later they will return home.
After all the authorities can keep a tab on you, likewise us with them, the authorities want US to snitch and keep tabs on 'wrongdoers' but again, the people will keep an eye on those in authority either police or politician and inform other 'wrongdoers', and as far as I can see with current events going the way they are,I see the people eventaully having enough and doing something drastic.
There will be blood split, a policeman here, a politician there , and more recently a Royal in their car assaulted, that ALONE shows that no one, no matter how secure and safe they think they are, they are not.

So all I'm going to say on this subject now is one simple thing.

"Keep on going they way you are Authorities, and soon you will realise your mistakes when the people wise and rise, and then you will be asking for forgiveness, but I doubt you will recieve any."

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Even for those that do not believe in Christ, you can learn from him, one man changed the world. Ghandi learned, he changed the world, Martin Luther King Jr. learned, he changed the world. Henry David Thoreau understood the lesson. It is more satisfying to fight back, but it doesn't get you to were you want to go.
edit on 15-12-2010 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
As a youngster in the 80's we regularly partipated in demos on a number of issues. Under Thatcher it was made illegal to demonstrate without first seeking permission from the authorities. We found that laughable and against the point of protest. I can't remember the exact number, but it was as low as 6 people gathering, could be called an 'illegal protest' and placed under arrest.

So what if they make it illegal to protest through London! Are they going to arrest 20,000 people? Stand up for your rights - and keep standing.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
P.S. Remember the police and their demonstration a cpl of years ago? It was illegal to protest anywhere near parliament - so thousands of them queued to see their mp - as is their right.

The police showed us how it was done - follow their lead.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The police depts have their hands full. They are responsible for public order, but with the recent protests not only in UK but hotspots around the world, they are unable to cope. Many of the top cops had to resign or forced to as failure had been attributed to them.

Did they actually fail? No. They didnt. They did what they could, humanely. Some of the protestors were their own family, relatives and friends. They would not hurt their own. Only a few would. But the many were put in difficult positions and faced moral dilemmas. Should they crack down, hurt their own fellow humans so that they can keep their jobs, or walk away with the tag of failure labelled by higher ups around them for simply being human?

Thus the call from them to ban freedom altogether. No protests and no hurtful incidents will occur. They get to keep their jobs and be human. Works for the few of them, but unfair to the masses.

So who is to be blamed and had actually failed?

The root of the problem why protests occurs lays with the political leadership. They had failed and place the police and armed forces in morally difficult positions. The politicos are the ones to be blamed. They had failed TO WIN THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF THE MASSES.

In the past, such policy had been used, but unfortunately as we now today realized, to lull the masses to sleep while robbing them of their freedoms and wealth for their masters. It is now exposed as deceptions and lies to the newly awakened.

The elected had failed. They are the ones to be booted out and take responsibility for their colossal failures, and a new group of humans be elected to take lead, by example, hearts and mind. Human are a reasonable logical lot. We can be convinced to sacrifice if we are united so that if we overcome difficulties, it will be a victory for all, and if it is to be a defeat, then suffer must we all.

Unfortunately, where victory is concern, it had been the elites who claim credit and wealth, not the masses, but where defeat happens, it is the masses who have to pay while the elites cavort on the sunny shores of the French Rivera. This must end in order to end disorder.

The political puppets had failed. It is time to boot them out. They are not serving the citizens, but only the elites.

The humble me dedicate this great song to the police forces around the world. It's not your fault You are only human.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join