It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide attack kills dozens in southeast Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Suicide attack kills dozens in southeast Iran

www.washingtonpost.com

TEHRAN, Iran -- The official IRNA news agency reports a suicide bombing near a mosque in southeastern Iran has killed dozens at a Shiite mourning ceremony.

IRNA said the attacker struck outside Imam Hussein Mosque in the city of Chahbahar near the border with Pakistan on Wednesday. Dozens were also injured.

The bombing appeared to target a group mourning Ashoura, which marks the 7th century death of the grandson of Islam's Prophet Muhammad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'm wondering if this has ramifications beyond the surface. Does the sectarian violence tie into what goes on in Iraq?

Very close to Pakistan as well. Could they be involved?

Might be worth monitoring this situation. I sometimes feel as if things are going to begin to ramp up soon.

Obviously someone or some group is sending a message. What do you people think?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
thats like the second attack in iran in two months interesting whats going on here

reply to post by theBLESSINGofVISION

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss
thats like the second attack in iran in two months interesting whats going on here

reply to post by theBLESSINGofVISION

There has been a war against Iran for a long time now.

Israel and its proxy state US, and US's proxy states in Middle East and Europe have been supporting terrorists in the south to cause chaos and instability.

The sons of a famous Sunni Cleric in the South was arrested recently, because they found connection between them and Saudi Arabia.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

CIA, Mosad, MI6!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/355aee7cb40c.gif[/atsimg]

Damn it Oozzi already beat me to it.

For another very real possible scenario written on February 16, 2010
Will urban terrorism emerge from Iran’s Green Movement?

If Iran’s Green Movement follows the pattern of earlier opposition movements, two scenarios seem likely. The movement will fade away after the government decapitates its leadership and successfully intimidates its foot soldiers. Or a hardened and professional core group will take over a vastly smaller movement and lead it into a violent urban insurgency.

It is one thing for idealistic students and office workers to throw rocks at riot police and put up with tear gas. It is something else for the mass of momentarily enthusiastic but unhardened activist-trainees to watch heads be broken, endure interrogation at Evin Prison, or learn about gruesome threats from Basij militiamen directed at their sisters and mothers.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No, urban terrorism will NOT emerge from "Iran's Green movement".

Most certainly not because some ignorant person named Robert Haddick writes about it in his BLOG. You really know how to pick your sources alongside those troll gifs huh?

While this person writes about the people that were imprisoned in Evin, I know people that have been in there. And in no way would they want to harm their country or their countrymen and women. In fact, they're free to travel out and into Iran. But I bet you didn't know that.

It's okay that ignorant folks like you don't comprehend the issue and choose to listen to people with no understanding of the issue, let alone experience, but hey, who am I to stop you from making yourself look like an utter idiot.

Like oozy stated, the US, Israel, Brittain and their Arabic stoolies have been fighting a proxy war against Iran since, I guess a little over a 100 years. It's okay, you just don't know. Go along, play some computergames and look for some troll gifs but please, don't utter a single word about Iran when you're completely ignorant about the country, its history, its people and its present. Thank you, bye bye.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Yeah...

You're right

I just read this-----> Iranian revolt Explained - Wake Up

Not everything that goes wrong in Iran is the CIA, MI6 or Mossads plot.
Iran can be responsible for their own actions as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Oh and by the way when you're done with that one here is another one

The New Great Game

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You didn't just read that, you wrote the topic yourself. What kind of lame use of words is that? "I just read this"...lol

How many Iranians do you personally know that have been in these prisons you speak of?

How many Iranians do you know that want to turn the "green movement" violent?

NONE? OH MY, WHAT A COINCIDENCE!

Not everything that goes wrong in Iran is the CIA, MI6 or Mossads plot.
Iran can be responsible for their own actions as well.

Indeed. And that is why the Iranian youth would rather stick by its "violent oppressive" regime that beats down protests if it ever would come to a choice between the West and Iran. That is why the "Green Movement" is telling foreign powers to piss off. That is why the Iranian youth is not endagering more Iranian lives by protesting, because they've understood the cononial game(it is not your nation that has been ravaged for over a 100 years by colonial powers...and 100 years is relatively short compared to other trampled-over nations).

You can rest ASSURED that this bombing was not an Iranian idea and you can take that to your Rothchild-Bank!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
And when you get that foot out of your mouth

Iranian Election Protesters Executed

TEHRAN, Iran—Iran on Thursday hanged two men convicted of trying to topple the country's clergy-led regime, the first known executions of opposition activists since unrest broke out following June's disputed presidential elections, the Web site of state television reported.

The report identified the two men as Mohammad Reza Ali Zamani and Arash Rahmanipour, and said they were convicted of trying to topple "the Islamic establishment" and of membership in armed opposition groups.

So yes, Their own Government can and has created a situation where their own people may want some payback.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

So yes, Their own Government can and has created a situation where their own people may want some payback.

Leave it up to you to tell me there's a foot up MY mouth...

As you've failed to understand, Iran has gone through this once already. Remember '79?

Payback? For what? Because two people did not understand that foreign interests are dividing Iran and because they were part of an armed group?

Besides, the link is broken, your source is gone. Take that foot out your mouth because you're running low on legs to stand on.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

No, urban terrorism will NOT emerge from "Iran's Green movement".

Most certainly not because some ignorant person named Robert Haddick writes about it in his BLOG. You really know how to pick your sources alongside those troll gifs huh?

No actually I just remember what really went on. Do you?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efb93a1bf8a8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b6dab9b41d0.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e69a116985e.jpg[/atsimg]

While this person writes about the people that were imprisoned in Evin, I know people that have been in there. And in no way would they want to harm their country or their countrymen and women. In fact, they're free to travel out and into Iran. But I bet you didn't know that.

Yeah and in the meantime Iran can and has been responsible for action that their own people want some payback over.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b09aceb027d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2157cc900893.jpg[/atsimg]

It's okay that ignorant folks like you don't comprehend the issue and choose to listen to people with no understanding of the issue, let alone experience, but hey, who am I to stop you from making yourself look like an utter idiot.

From PressTVs own unbiased
broadcast.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9f0b2d800b8.jpg[/atsimg]

Like oozy stated, the US, Israel, Brittain and their Arabic stoolies have been fighting a proxy war against Iran since, I guess a little over a 100 years. It's okay, you just don't know. Go along, play some computergames and look for some troll gifs but please, don't utter a single word about Iran when you're completely ignorant about the country, its history, its people and its present. Thank you, bye bye.

In the meantime instead of shooting off your mouth why don't you close it and open your mind to the very fact that many Iranians themselves are tired of their Government and are ready to die for what they believe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/396f7bb5fdf0.jpg[/atsimg]

Ignorance Denied

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Sigh.

Again, you know nothing other than what you've been told by news agencies.

Those three million protestors in the street? Why are they not there now? Asked them yet?

INDEED they are ready to die for their nation, but not because some foreign power wants them to. I am an Iranian myself with a little more inside information than...you.

You do understand the the millions of students understand what the hell happened to Iran at the hand of the West in the past hundred years right? You do understand that little fact there right? So no matter how much you're going to claim, or some rich white business man is going to claim, that the "green movement" is going to turn hostile towards Iranians, it doesn't make you right.

I want to tell you about the way the people were riled up against the Shah. The ones who organized the coup dressed Arabs up as soldiers of the Shah and sent them onto the streets of Iran - with the order to shoot Iranian civilians. Remember that incident in Iraq where 2 SAS agents were caught red-handed, shooting civilians while dressed as 'terrorists'?

Time to wake up from La-La-Land son.

Edit:

No greed, no jealousy, no vengeance, read up on your Iranian history. I don't say it for no reason!
edit on 15-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Oozy, why do you hold the board to a different standard than yourself? Why is it ok for you to come out of the gate blazing the propaganda?

Are you implying that there aren't groups in Iran that would do this? Without 1 ounce of proof, how can you blame anyone yet?

Looks like they have a suspect in custody... Oozy, what are you going to do if he turns out to be a Iranian pissed off about something the Govt. did to him or his family? Apologize? heavens no... Without one ounce of proof you will call him an agent of the west.

Maybe his wife was lashed or stoned for wearing shorts or a skirt? Maybe his son was arrested and beaten for being part of a underground hiphop rap group?

I have to believe that there are millions of Iranians that would love to fight back against the Govt.

Oozy, I truly consider you to be a Muslim extremist. Your words and views are only non violent, because this site wont allow it. I am sure that your loathing for the west has been shown in violent speech elsewhere, where it was allowed.

I for one believe that you need to be on a list. I think it is only a matter of time or opportunity before you strap a coward vest on your chest and attack something or someone.

Nobody can be this angry for this long without some sort of action. You simply do not hold yourself to the same standard as you expect from others. Your assumptions and opinions need not be verified, but others do.

You can't bring yourself to admit that Islam is violent.

Oozy.. I really do not know the answer to this.. but see if you can answer it..
When is the last time a NON Muslim strapped a coward vest on their chest and blew people up??
Can you name a non Muslim country, that has had one of their own citizens do this in their own country?

When you are asked a specific question by someone that just got into the thread, you then tell them to address all of your questions or prove your assertions to be false. All the while refusing to answer any questions.. BUT, if you do answer 1 .. you will then add 4 or 5 of your own, that you demand answered, before you will answer anymore... Then you do a few pages of circle talk... then rinse and repeat.

It is getting old.. NVM.. It has gotten old long ago.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Now it is sad that the country has gone through and someone has bomb a Mosque, a house of worship in the country, though the tactics bears the resemblance to some of the things that have been seen before when different sects of Muslims are fighting the other, and Mosques are too frequently becoming targets.
The history of Iran, and the Muslim world is an old one, going back to before recorded time, rather you have to go back to biblical times, to that of Abraham. It was stated that Abrahams first son, the one that he had with his wife’s handmaiden that was the forerunner of what would later on become the Islamic world., but it laid the foundation to the animosity between the Judaic religion and that of Islam today. Following the death of Muhammad, there were 4 caliphs that rose up to take the lead of the Islamic world. In that time frame, it was considered the golden age of Islam, and the Muslim world, where they were at the center of trade, science and progress. Many of the ideas in the areas of math came from that time frame, along with many of the philosophers as well. Persia at one time was the center of the Islamic world, with the capital being Baghdad. Back then the center of the cultural world was that in Islamic countries, the arts flourished. Throughout its history, they have had setbacks, but at one time, flourished from the Iberian peninsula, across northern Africa, all of the way to the western China was all under the control of different Islamic leaders. During the middle ages, the Islamic nations came under attack by the Christian Europeans, in the form of the crusades, and causes a lot of tensions, where they started to move up into mainland Europe via Greece, only to be stalled and eventually did not progress any further. Later on the Ottomans took over the middle east, as the predominate power and controlled much of the Islamic world, as an empire, only to loose it after World War I. The intervention of the western Powers before and during world War II, led the stage to what some of the modern day problems that exist today. Colonization and subjection, along with persecution, only further the rift and caused more distrust of such. Along the way, many of the great advances fell. Iran, before World War II, was still known as Persia, and after working together with the Nazi’s, on the suggestion of that party, changed its name to Iran. The Nazi’s were interested in the oil and resources of the area, thus were courting the different oil rich Islamic countries for those resources.
After World War II, the Shah was kept in power as a constitutional monarchy, by the western powers. The last time that the people of Iran had a free election, it was the western powers that removed that leader and kept the Shah in place, causing the people to start to feel uneasy with their government, furthers with the militaristic way that the government ran, in a near dictatorship system of government. The government and the clerics clashed on many levels, leading to the expulsion of many of the clerics from the country, who had escaped punishment of such. In the late 1970’s the people revolted and the Ayatollah Khomeini, came back into the country, while the Shah and his family fled from the country. They set up the current form of government.
The majority of the Muslims in Iran are of the Shi’a branch, of Islam, though there are other sects, they are in the minority. So this will lead to tensions between the Iranians and the Arabs, that are Shiite.
As I stated before, it is a shame that a Mosque was targeted and until it can be shown and proven who did it, we can only speculate as to who and why.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Why do people think that they can hide facts.

Life Inside an Iranian Prison
Roozbeh Mirebrahimi

Roozbeh Mirebrahimi is an Iranian journalist who lives in New York City.

I was arrested in fall 2004 because of my work as a political editor for several reformist newspapers in Iran, as well as my critical comments about the regime on my blog and on other Web sites.

He was interrogated and tortured for days on end. Security agents blindfolded him and beat him repeatedly, pushing his head into the wall and onto a desk. They asked him questions about his relations with other journalists, particularly women, and with Westerners, and they constantly insulted his family.

140 Days in Evin Prison
Ali Shakeri

Ali Shakeri, a peace activist, is a mortgage banker in Irvine, Calif. He was born in Iran and has lived in the United States since 1971.

Two years ago, I returned to Iran to visit my sick mother, who died shortly after my arrival. On May 8, 2007 — the day I was to fly home to the United States — Iranian security agents arrested me at the Tehran airport for trying to overthrow the regime nonviolently through a “soft” revolution.

wow...... Subjected to 50 interogations

All Muslim countries are HUGE violators of human rights. Name 1 that isn't.

Stoning a rape victim? lashing a woman for wearing pants? Sentencing a woman to death for adulty - ONE YEAR after her husband died?

How in the world can anyone call Muslim countries humane? The world will be a much better place when Islam no longer exists... Or at least the moderate Muslims need to stand up and stop these fanatics.. They better hurry, the fanatics are about to out number the moderates.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Those three million protestors in the street? Why are they not there now? Asked them yet?

INDEED they are ready to die for their nation, but not because some foreign power wants them to. I am an Iranian myself with a little more inside information than...you.

Well as a fellow Iranian, I have to tell you that you are a disgrace to your country. Not because I don't think the US is involved in some of the stuff that's happening, but because you are taking all the onus off the murderous regime.

Your claim that three million protesters are no longer protesting because of their awareness to US propaganda is preposterous. Your majorly down playing the element of FEAR. Your arrogance and put downs are also appalling. You should be ashamed!!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

In time, in time....

Wasn't it "The Iranian People" in the streets back in 1979 that overthrew the Shaw?
What makes you think "The Iranian People" wouldn't do it again? You know history does repeat itself. Those who ignore or are ignorant of it are doomed to repeat it.

Time to wake up from La-La-Land son.

I have, The Shaw, The Revolution in 1979 and the 52 hostages are all ancient history. You can be condescending all you want sweetcheeks, but in the end. Time will tell.

NEWS FLASH: It's 2010
edit on 15-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Have you spoken to any of them personally? You know, the people you write about that have been in these prisons? No? What a coincidence. I have spoken to well thinking human beings who have been in death row in Iran and who have been in these torture prisons. Do you think they liked it in there? Of course not. But they understand the situation. It goes beyond Irans borders and petty religious/political bickering.

How in the world can anyone call Muslim countries humane? The world will be a much better place when Islam no longer exists... Or at least the moderate Muslims need to stand up and stop these fanatics.. They better hurry, the fanatics are about to out number the moderates.

Really? I'm all for banning organized religion such as the Vatican and all these rich people representing god, but really? Fanatics outnumbering the moderates? Boo! Liar!

reply to post by endlessknowledge

I've discussed these things before with you in U2U. You showed a lack of cognitive understanding so I left you to cook in your own juices. Bring on the blame, I am not afraid, it is YOU who is afraid. Don't worry too much though, the truth will soon find its way into the open field.

Your majorly down playing the element of FEAR.

Erm. No. The people sure as hell weren't afraid to march in the streets by the millions after what they knew happened in the student protests years earlier. In comparison to Brittain- who is on the streets right now? Why the ban on protesting? Not explainable is it? Guess why? Because you've fallen for propaganda! Fear? I don't know of one Iranian who is afraid to stand up for Iran, remember the 80-88 war? When women, children and men rushed to the frontlines because IRAN was in danger of FOREIGN INVASION, even though the people back then didn't like Khomeini or the regime...so how can you claim they don't understand this now? Shame on me? Please...

edit on 15-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Wasn't it "The Iranian People" in the streets back in 1979 that overthrew the Shaw?
What makes you think "The Iranian People" wouldn't do it again? You know history does repeat itself. Those who ignore or are ignorant of it are doomed to repeat it.

Exactly. So the students won't repeat history because they are not doomed to repeat it as they read it and understand the situation.

Besides, I hardly think you know any more than the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the Iranian revolution, "The Iranian people"? Yes. But back then there was no access to information like there is now, so cassette tapes were an amazing tool for the West. No?

Boy oh boy, did I struck a nerve or WHAT?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join