It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Gets Tells Truth On CNN! Says Wikileaks Deliberate Attempt To Close Down Internet!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Wow, Ron Paul makes a lot of really dumb statements recently...

Wikileaks is pushing for freedom of speech. What's the alternative? NOT pushing for it and being a sheep? Nothing was ever accomplished by being a sheep and not making a stand. WL is making a stand, and I applaud them.

Also, lol @ "closing down the internet". If the recent Anonymous attack showed anything, it's that no one has enough control to "shut down" the internet. Even in China, people are able to circumvent the blocks...

I think the title of this thread is misleading - Ron Paul is saying the government furore is a strategy to try to shut down the internet. He is speaking up for Wikileaks and freedom of expression. I mean, just after the statement he makes he goes on to point out how the government tells lies.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

If that's what he meant we fully agree ofc

The funny thing is:

1) Assange is only wanted by Sweden for QUESTIONING. There's no formal accusation yet...however, the media and US government already portray him as a rapist.

2) He didn't rape anyone. Let me ask people this: If you have sex with a woman, and the condom breaks (happens), why would the woman not stop the guy if it bothers her? If she tries and he resists, it's obviously a problem...but even if that's what happened, why did both of them wait 2 months (!!!) to report it only after there's no more evidence, and why exactly right when Wikileaks started releasing the cables?

3) It wasn't Sweden who appealed the bailout, it was the UK!! Wouldn't be surprised if some US official pulled a few strings. The court pretty much appealed their own decision...laughable, what a hoax process.

4) If they go after Wikileaks, they also have to go after the NY Times, the Guardian, and pretty much everyone who ever clicked "Like" when someone linked a WL article on FB. In my case, that's around 70% of my friends.

5) The US can't even find enough grounds to accuse him of treason, lol. What he did is protected by the government assured right of free speech.

And lastly, do they really think they can stop this by arresting Assange? If the latest Anonymous attacks showed anything, it's that this is way bigger than they expect. Welcome to the 21st century, the information age

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Grrrrr, double post...
edit on 16-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Either Ron Paul or Jesse Ventura for the 2012 presidential election.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
im from scotland and every video i see with ronb paul i like him even more, he's really ncie and speaks what he believes in. We need more people like that in 'higher' places

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

If that's what he meant we fully agree ofc

The funny thing is:

1) Assange is only wanted by Sweden for QUESTIONING. There's no formal accusation yet...however, the media and US government already portray him as a rapist.

Yes, and some UK lawyers have been published in the Guardian as saying that the European Arrest Warrant can only be implemented when charges have been made...otherwise it's an abuse of the EAW.

2) He didn't rape anyone. Let me ask people this: If you have sex with a woman, and the condom breaks (happens), why would the woman not stop the guy if it bothers her? If she tries and he resists, it's obviously a problem...but even if that's what happened, why did both of them wait 2 months (!!!) to report it only after there's no more evidence, and why exactly right when Wikileaks started releasing the cables?

Yes, the whole thing has seemed suspect from the start, and to me appears even more so given the leaked cable yesterday which exposes that the Swedish Ministry of Justice was secretly passing 'anti-terror' information to the US, without informing the Swedish parliament.

3) It wasn't Sweden who appealed the bailout, it was the UK!! Wouldn't be surprised if some US official pulled a few strings. The court pretty much appealed their own decision...laughable, what a hoax process.

The British CPS is not coming clean about this...they won't say whether Sweden had any involvement, but this too is looking very suspect. It came as a bit of a bombshell, since they had led Assange's lawyer to believe it was Sweden who was appearling. More dirty tactics going on here, I suspect US has been meddling in this, of course. We could do with someone to leak the cables about their conversations!!

4) If they go after Wikileaks, they also have to go after the NY Times, the Guardian, and pretty much everyone who ever clicked "Like" when someone linked a WL article on FB. In my case, that's around 70% of my friends.

Insanity!

5) The US can't even find enough grounds to accuse him of treason, lol. What he did is protected by the government assured right of free speech.

I know, don't you just love it seeing these vermin hysterically running around in a panic, and so far no legal basis to charge him!

And lastly, do they really think they can stop this by arresting Assange? If the latest Anonymous attacks showed anything, it's that this is way bigger than they expect. Welcome to the 21st century, the information age

Yes, welcome to the reality of not having total control!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

To me the whole thing seems like what the RIAA is doing. Instead of trying to learn how to deal with stuff like that, they focus on preventing them...when everyone should acknowledge it's not something they can prevent 100% anyway. Not in today's age with Internet, torrents, and hundred thousands of hobby hackers. Even if they take down Wikileaks, they can't shut down all torrents.

Imo the people should fully support this fight for free speech and link/like those WL articles as often as they can. They can't throw us all in jail...and we'd do international journalism a HUGE favor by supporting them. I want real news again based on facts like the WL reports, and not those ridiculous opinion shows the mainstream media are force feeding us now!

I've just watched the hearing in London, and it the head judge clearly stated that he believes Assange will be cleared of all charges given the information he's been provided...he can't see them convicting him of anything. And lets not forget that the first time the case was taken to court in Sweden, all charges were dropped too!!

It's pretty clear imo that Sweden and the UK are acting under pressure from the US. I hope they make a stand like Switzerland did when they decided to host WL mirrors and don't bend over backwards to the US. This isn't about which countries are good/bad, or what came out in the cables, this is all about FREE SPEECH!

They uncovered tons of dirt from my home countries too, but I'm pissed at my country, not at WL for showing the truth. I obviously like my countries, but that doesn't mean I'll turn a blind eye at misbehavior. If they mess up, the people deserve to know given that they PAY for the government. I don't want my government to act in a bad way, and unless that info comes out, we give them free reign to do whatever they please. Free speech is a cornerstone of Western society imo, and should be protected at all cost.
edit on 16-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think more people would be surprised to learn that every new Windows 7 Machine has within it code that gives governments a complete stealth backdoor to their systems. One of the justifications for it wasn't so much as to be used for spying, but for a cyber-war. To have at their disposal hundreds of millions of computers that can launch attacks against websites, or foreign governments. Also it gives them the ability to quickly push hotfix patches or disable computers in case there was a huge cyber attack/cyber war going on.

Over the past 5 years there has been a massive ramp-up of upgrading/replacing major internet backbone/equipment to allow the government better control in case of a cyber-attack against the US.

Was an interesting DREAM to say the least...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

...and China has a giant firewall...yet people still manage to get out the truth. Nothing they can do will ever give them 100% control. Given that, wouldn't it make more sense for them to focus on NOT #ING UP in the future instead of trying to prevent news from their #ups to get out? That would be a lot more productive and the RIGHT THING to do. The people should DEMAND this from their governments. And I'm not only talking about the US (even though the media focuses on the US), I'm talking about all the people worldwide.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
The others are doing the rock on devil's head, or at least it seems bush was. lol

Except, that he's not, because it's the hand sign for the Texas Longhorns. And what do you know? He's from Texas, and lived in Austin where... you guessed it, the University of Texas is located.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by Billmeister

I went temporarily insane,my apologies,I was thinking that this man(Ron Paul) could be our last hope for the American people,oh well,back to reality.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see someone with Dr. Paul's integrity become president, only the system is set up in a way to filter such people out.
The whole party based system ensures that our leaders are chosen for us... we vote for a local candidate, and the head of party with greatest amount of candidates elected (and even this is not 100% accurate) becomes the de facto head of state.
So I repeat... vote independent!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I love you Ron Paul!!!

MSM, go F yourselves

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
If the internet gets shut down~
there will be a revolution.

There won't be no Revolution. Our Government would roll out the trucks to send microwaves into the marchers and end any "Revolution" quicker than Michael Moore could choke down a corn dog.

They would disable all communications networks so nobody could coordinate anything. Nobody would even know if they had to vaporize an entire city to keep control.

The weapons they possess now give them the power of God. There will never be another "revolution".

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Uh... and what about Ron Paul being a deception for conservatives and libertarians alike, into making them support -once again!- the mainstream political system while they could, once and for all, take the streets and revolt against TPTB, eh?

Or perhaps he's just a tool to put his son/protegé in office... in a good ol' aristocratic way (like the Bushes and the Clintons).

Or both?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

For a politician, Ron Paul tells the truth alot but I don't trust him or any other politician with occult connections e.g. his dad is a freemason, his wife is a eastern star, his children are rainbow girls, and he has connection to a few jesuit universities.. to me it sounds like he's controlled opposition.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It makes me happy to see that there are still people like Ron Paul out there. Honest and intelligent......he knows how the game is played!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I agree with all your points. WL disclosures has exposed some dirt on my country too, and I'm pleased it is being exposed. Out in the open those issues can now be subjected to public scrutiny, FOIA requests, etc. We need to keep shining the light on this 'secrecy' until they can no longer operate the way they are used to.

edit on 16-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This whole shutting down the internet is a load of cr@%.
Do you honestly think they would shut the internet down and plunge the world into financial turmoil?
Think about how much the financial world relies on the internet to function, let alone business and medical services.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay Electronica
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

For a politician, Ron Paul tells the truth alot but I don't trust him or any other politician with occult connections e.g. his dad is a freemason, his wife is a eastern star, his children are rainbow girls, and he has connection to a few jesuit universities.. to me it sounds like he's controlled opposition.

I agree with you that we have to be careful who we put our trust in these days, but at the very least Ron Paul is raising awareness of the Federal Reserve and what a scam it is, about the issue of freedom of speech and government lies. These are all steps forward and he is the only one who is speaking out on these things.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

thinking cap,

The images of Bush and the Iranian president were forming thhe cornopious 6 with thier hands. The images of Ron Paul and John Lennon were forming the symbol for I love you in sign language for the deaf. The difference is the thumb pointing out. When making the cornopious 6 the thumb is placed in front of the second and third fingers.

The difference? One means I love you (Ron Paul and John Lennon) and the other is to gather evil power to you aid (George Bush and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join