It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something in the sky today that looked like it was in a bubble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Today in the afternoon, probably 4:00 or so I was talking to a neighbor and saw something I can't explain. We were standing there looking at the numerous planes overhead and wondering why some of them left trails and other didn't when I pointed at this object because it wasn't leaving a trail. It was literally 12 o'clock above my head and I do believe it was moving West, but I couldn't be sure. Anyway, at first I just thought it was a plane but there was clearly a distortion of some type around the plane. I pointed out a different plane at 3 o'clock and after maybe 1 second turned back and the "bubble plane" for lack of a better term, was completely gone. My neighbor was actually the first to verbalize anything and the first thing he said was "that thing looked like it was in a bubble". We immediately scanned all over the sky and could not find any trace of it anywhere and it was not being hidden by any tree or building or sign of any kind, it just vanished. Has anyone else had a similar experience and/or is there any reasonable explanation for it?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

Good detailed story. Was there any noise emulating from the object? Where any lights to be seen on it?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Johniie

I heard the sounds of jet engines, but there were multiple planes in the sky within eye-sight. I don't remember any lights, but it distinctly looked like a plane...in a bubble.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Perhaps the most famous case involving a 'bubble' is the sighting in the Canary Islands in 1976

www.ufocasebook.com...

There have been plenty of other reports over the years of transparent or crystal-like UFOs as well.
edit on 15/12/2010 by MarrsAttax because: speling

edit on 15/12/2010 by MarrsAttax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

Perhaps it was a shock egg? You can see a famous example on Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

PS: Contrary to popular belief it has little to do with breaking the speed of sound.

EDIT: Graphic example:

edit on 15-12-2010 by Radiobuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

A shock egg lasting 45 minutes?

if this were the case the object would be quite far away by the time 45 minutes had passed

Very well-documented case.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki

Humm, perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see the OP telling the sighting lasted 45 minutes.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki

Where did you get the figure of 45 minutes from?

From the OP it sounds as if the sighting lasted just a few seconds.

I think the 'shock egg' explanation is a good one. Let's see what the OP thinks.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I used to live in las vegas. the skies in vegas are full of interesting things like this now and again. twice in a week i saw "bubble-like" things in the sky. they looked like jellyfish see through, that pale skin membrane. inside was another darker sphere. it twinkled per say, but it was more like a luminous glow that would fluctuate and not radiate out much past the inner illumination. they floated similar to balloons but were ascending at a 50/55 degree angle which seemed contrary to the wind strength outside that day.

the first one i saw had a pale yellow color, a few days later with a witness i saw another only it was more white or silver.

weird huh?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What you saw was probably a UFO, it was in your minds eye an airplane. The mind has ways of making things familiar for your viewing comfort. The dome or bubble was the give away for me. Was it cloudy or has there been rain or storms?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The entire sighting only lasted a few seconds. The "bubble" did not glow but the plane was a little peculiar, as if something was slightly off. To me the most amazing part of all is how it just vanished. I could see for miles and it was literally in the middle of the sky...and poof, gone. By the way it looked like a passenger jet, not military. It was also a very clear sky, no clouds.
edit on 12/15/2010 by budaruskie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here's a case of a mothership in a bubble. Some say it's hoax or CGI. Either way.. here's something for you.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Found this photo of a plane in a halo bubble.

www.flickr.com...#/photos/hknouff/4194681907/lightbox/

top topics

join