It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Cool if I don't believe in God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

This is off-topic, but then again the thread topic isn't much of a topic, is it?

Hallelujah is indeed a christian song of sorts..well, biblical anyhow.

I admit to Biblical, at least in terms of its imagery, but it is not Christian in any way. Kailassa explained it well.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Killface
Hmm, so you are saying the whole genre of death metal has to go,

obviously you may not understand our slang... in otherwords, it s*cks ! do what you will with it I don't care really, they will not last.

just because you can't understand the words? (The high-low scream is one of the staples in death metal) Some metal-head you are...

I didn't have to understand the words, you posted them for us... how else was you going to get his age old recycled message across to us ? I am a Metal-Head that actually has taste in music, I have played guitar since I was 13 years old.

You are kidding me right? You are saying school children are the majority of the crowd at a metal show,

yes I have been to tons of all ages shows, try taking a look at peoples hands next time you are at a show, that stamp they are wearing means it is all ages. I also said (school kids or not long out of school) just as you are.

Are you implying older = smarter?

very directly 'Yes' (with age comes wisdom) love that saying but of course it does not apply to all.

Are you trying to present me as young as some sort of insult or "burn"?

no it was just an observation, pretty good one I may add also.

I am 22.

and you are acting like it...

The reason I said "were not talking rap" was the use of the "word" "vox". I haven't heard that word used by anyone older than 14 unless it was hip-hop related.

do you live in America ? some must not be so in-tune with the scene as they wish to think, and imo the new scene is kind of weak, just as the lyrics are in the video you posted.

Work on understanding context and things like this wont slip by you next time.

mkay... I knew it all once too.

You still ignore all my points that were on topic, you say you want to open productive discussion, but you ignore people who present you with questions you can not answer.

where am I ignoring you ? I'm sorry... would you like a cookie !

Funny that you take the time to insult my intelligence but have absolutely horrid grammar and spelling, you ignored most of my first post in this thread which was on topic and have done nothing but insult my taste and brain power since.

You are the one acting like a child, can't even stay on topic in your own thread. Address my arguments presented in my initial post... why would you want to steer your own thread off course?

Age is not indicative of intelligence, grammar and spelling are.

(P.S. I find it funny you are insulting my intelligence, the "K" rating on your mini profile is basically a quality rating on your posts, mine is a good chunk higher than yours, meaning more people find my posts to be of quality than yours... food for thought.)
edit on 17-12-2010 by Killface because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
You're talking to the bloke who thinks God created Monkeys on the 6th day, shortly after buggering up Day 5 - Creation of the Dinosaurs.

He/She is nothing but a troll.

excuse me... some were obviously already defeated and it shows in their actions and tone, unfortunately alot of them were long defeated well before I got here so there is no reason to troll them.

everyone knows the sound of a broken man...

edit on 12/17/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I don't think it's just me you aren't 'communicating well' with. I'd say it would be a large percentage of the posters in this thread.

Oh and I am most definitely NOT the first to call Troll on you - that was done by someone in your whinging Board and Business thread.

Just a pointer - here on ATS we don't take kindly to people who create multiple threads on the same subject then proceed to trash those threads by running people around in circles with ridiculous arguments and refusal to answer peoples questions.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

excuse me... you are obviously already defeated and it shows in your actions and tone, unfortunately you were long defeated well before I got here so there is no reason to troll you.

everyone knows the sound of a broken man...

LMFAO are you serious? Is this what your argument has degraded to - pretending that I'm defeated because I have called you out for what you are?

Never mind the broken man, lets start talking about broken records shall we?
edit on 17/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Just a pointer - here on ATS we don't take kindly to people

all ATS is missing is the "ignore posts by this user" option.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Many posters in this thread have tried to stay on topic but you refuse to answer peoples questions. Like the one I asked that directly related to the title of this thread, not to mention the many others - oh and I'm not the only one to point out you are not answering questions either.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Many posters in this thread have tried to stay on topic

you have nearly 20 posts in the last 3 pages of this topic...

you are the derailer ! and no one is talking to you except me asking you to kindly stop.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Many posters in this thread have tried to stay on topic but you refuse to answer peoples questions. Like the one I asked that directly related to the title of this thread, not to mention the many others - oh and I'm not the only one to point out you are not answering questions either.

Wow, I just realized you are not the OP, got confused by the similar avatars... so it is even worse that you are derailing the thread and staying mostly off topic, though I don't agree with the OP's opinion on religion, you have been nothing but a detriment to this thread.

You at no point made an attempt to stay on topic, but rather chose to personally attack me and my taste in music... yet you tell other people to stay on topic, you sir are a hypocrite.

Don't bother responding to me unless it is on topic (The trend of many people choosing not to participate in religion, and whether or not it is a fashion issue, in case ya forgot
), I refuse to engage in flame wars, they are for the feeble of mind.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Here is the topic

"I am Cool if I don't believe in God"

You can post On Topic, or not at all...

Any more posts about someones Off Topic Post, or Them being a Troll, or anything other than the topic, will be removed and the poster possibly warned...

Thank you

Semper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by semperfortis

Um...I would point out that there isn't much to say on the issue

there is plenty to say about the issue and I am not quite done yet, I have made many observations about those who proudly wear on their sleeve that they do not believe in a God. I can ascertain much about this group and it tell volumes about their character in general.

ask any psychiatrist and you will find the bulk of their patients are Atheists... I will be back later on to post more of these observations and facts I have discovered over time.

It would seem to me I could fill this topic to 100 pages with my perceived facts about proud atheism...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by semperfortis

Um...I would point out that there isn't much to say on the issue

there is plenty to say about the issue and I am not quite done yet, I have made many observations about those who proudly wear on their sleeve that they do not believe in a God. I can ascertain much about this group and it tell volumes about their character in general.

Now I see the problem with this thread.
You mistake generalisations and ad hominum insults for argument.

ask any psychiatrist and you will find the bulk of their patients are Atheists...

I did. I didn't.

I will be back later on to post more of these observations and facts I have discovered over time.

Will any of this be supported by actual evidence?

It would seem to me I could fill this topic to 100 pages with my perceived facts about proud atheism...

Indubitably, and that would be quite delightful, I'm sure, to anyone who is overwhelmingly fascinated by your perceptions, but quite irrelevant to anyone interested in understanding reality.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

kids are self aware it would seem not long after birth that there is a God (try explaining that one)

I'l explain it after you've proved it.

Fai enough?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join