It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Cool if I don't believe in God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Oh and that's rather childish of you, saying that I have no testicles.

I never even said that (word)... you did

you may put one and two together all you wish, you might be doing a mighty fine job.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by Kryties

if you believe in panspermia then push it... why waste time sitting around attacking others who do not believe as you do ?

Ummmm....

I wasn't attacking you - you did the attacking first remember? Not only once - but at least 6 threads worth of attacking. Geez you must have a short memory - either that or I was right about you not having evolved eyes.

then I go back and read other posts and reply if they are worthy of my time.

I will get around to you (don't be so complacent) I will get around to your post if I find it interests me.

Oh well then Your Highness, puleeeeease excuse me for having wasted your ever-so-precious time by injecting facts, reason and logic into this debate.

Carry on, Your WorshipfulHonorHighnessness......
edit on 16/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Here's some more trees for those who want proof of older trees. It's a news story from yesterday.

Ancient forest emerges mummified from the Arctic

Ellesmere Island National Park in Canada. Ohio State University researchers and their colleagues have discovered the remains of a mummified forest that lived on the island 2 to 8 million years ago, when the Arctic was cooling.

edit on 12/16/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I never even said that (word)... you did

you may put one and two together all you wish, you might be doing a mighty fine job.

TROLL ALERT!

Thankyou for proving everyones point about you, you may now step down from your soapbox.....

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

facts ? all I see is you acting the role asking me to 'prove' God exists.

there is no point, I know he does and that is all that matters impo.

am I attacking you or anyone with the God word ?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The tone of every single one of your opening posts in the 6 or so threads you started ALL about evolution - coupled with the whiney, whinging rant you started in the Board and Business forum about being moderated - all of that proves to me you are nothing short of a TROLL.

And a crap one at that.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

coupled with the whiney, whinging rant you started in the Board and Business forum about being moderated

hey I got my first applause and a bonus for that communication there in that thread.

you jealous or something ?

that thread helped me alot, and I am not a troll, my intentions are always just.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

that's a good read.. I will save that link and read it later this evening.

thx

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Not one little tiny bit.

Back to talking about magical men who live in the sky creating rainbows and monkeys on the 6th day.......

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yeah it's a good read. They think as more ice melts they might find even more forests of well preserved trees. Who knows what else they may find in melting ice.

Over the summer of 2010, the researchers retrieved samples from broken tree trunks, branches, roots, and even leaves -- all perfectly preserved -- from Ellesmere Island National Park in Canada.

"Mummified forests aren't so uncommon, but what makes this one unique is that it's so far north. When the climate began to cool 11 million years ago, these plants would have been the first to feel the effects," Barker said. "And because the trees' organic material is preserved, we can get a high-resolution view of how quickly the climate changed and how the plants responded to that change."

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Not one little tiny bit.

Back to talking about magical men who live in the sky creating rainbows and monkeys on the 6th day.......

right... lets get back to discussing "if I am cooler if I do not believe in a God"

not actually try to define him/her or if God may create rainbows and monkeys ect.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

right... lets get back to discussing "if I am cooler if I do not believe in a God"

OK then, fine. Please define what you actually mean by that?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Wassamatta? Monkey got your tongue?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by SaturnFX

Star for getting it right about Cash, the realest man who ever toted a Western steel-string box. 'Hallelujah' isn't a Christian song, unless you mean the line about how having sex feels like being moved by the Holy Spirit. Its a song about sex, mostly, and the Biblical references are all to the Old Testament. Leonard Cohen was born a Jew. I believe he's a Buddhist now.

Cohen is an observant Jew who does not find acknowledgement of Buddha and Jesus to be contradictory to Judaism.
He has spent long periods in a Buddhist monastery studying meditation, but never lost his Jewish faith/identity.
Many of his songs combine worship of the yoni with worship of god, or use his longing for a woman as a metaphor for his yearning for god - all in the tradition of the Song of Songs.

As you may have guessed from my sig, he's my favourite singer.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Birds of a feather flock together...

I never said I do not 'believe' in evolution, besides what is the difference ?

You don't 'believe' in scientific theories. It's something you accept. Now, you have repeatedly attacked the theory of evolution.

What I did say and still claim is that Evolution does not replace God.

Nobody said that the biological theory which explains biodiversity replaces any mythical and/or supernatural creature.

though there are a ton of birdies out there who would chose to use it as a weapon.

Well, it is a weapon, a weapon against ignorance.

what for ? can evolution and God not coexist ?

They can. Nobody said they couldn't. I've stated hundreds of times that evolution is not something for atheists, it's a purely scientific thing and thus makes no claims about anything other than the natural world.

Evolution is not unseen. Many people in here have given you evidence that it happens, lots and lots of evidence.

And nobody pushes evolution like it's a religion, it's simply scientific fact.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Having hair on your back is a good sign, it means you are almost there.

I must have been short-changed, you see pops must have ran out of spunk by his 6th kid (of which I am) and I have no hair even on my chest man... I will be hitting 40 in a few years and I am still waiting for my man hair !
the rest of the men in my family are like 6ft 2in solid muscle and I am only 5.11' they are as hairy as apes too front and back...
I want justice ! why has there been de-evolution in my genes because I am the last of 6 ?
it's not fair :|

Pops? Which pops?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by SaturnFX

Star for getting it right about Cash, the realest man who ever toted a Western steel-string box. 'Hallelujah' isn't a Christian song, unless you mean the line about how having sex feels like being moved by the Holy Spirit. Its a song about sex, mostly, and the Biblical references are all to the Old Testament. Leonard Cohen was born a Jew. I believe he's a Buddhist now.

Hallelujah is indeed a christian song of sorts..well, biblical anyhow

"Hallelujah", in its original version, is a song in "12/8 feel", which evokes the styles of both waltz and gospel music. Written in the key of C major, the chord progression follows the lyric "it goes like this, the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, and the major lift": C, F, G, A minor, F.[1]

Cohen's original version contains several biblical references, most notably evoking the stories of Samson and traitorous Delilah from the Book of Judges as well as the adulterous King David and Bathsheba[2]: "she cut your hair" and "you saw her bathing on the roof, her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you".[1]

Following his original 1984 studio-album version, Cohen performed the original song on his world tour in 1985, but live performances during his 1988 and 1993 tours almost invariably contained a quite different set of lyrics with only the last verse being common to the two versions. Numerous artists mix lyrics from both versions, and occasionally make direct lyric changes, such as Rufus Wainwright, a Canadian-American singer, substituting "holy dark" and Allison Crowe, a Canadian singer-songwriter, substituting "Holy Ghost" for "holy dove".

Cohen's lyrical poetry and his view that "many different hallelujahs exist" is reflected in wide-ranging covers with very different intents or tones of speech, allowing the song to be "melancholic, fragile, uplifting [or] joyous" depending on the performer:[1] The Welsh singer-songwriter John Cale, the first person to record a cover version of the song in 1991, promoted a message of "soberness and sincerity" in contrast to Cohen's dispassionate tone;[1] The cover by Jeff Buckley, an American singer-songwriter, is more sorrowful and was described by Buckley as "a hallelujah to the orgasm";[1][3] Crowe interpreted the song as a "very sexual" composition that discussed relationships;[1] Wainwright offered a "purifying and almost liturgical" interpretation to the song;[1] and Guy Garvey of the British band Elbow anthropomorphised the hallelujah as a "stately creature" and incorporated his religious interpretation of the song into his band's recordings.[1]

Like any art, it is open to interpretation based on tone. The movie watchmen of course made it seem overtly sexual because it was playing during the sex scene..but hell, any song playing during a sex scene can suddenly seem sexual...if they did that song while slow motion violence was playing, it would be deemed a horror song, etc.

either way, the song is very cool.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Birds of a feather flock together...

I never said I do not 'believe' in evolution, besides what is the difference ?

You don't 'believe' in scientific theories. It's something you accept. Now, you have repeatedly attacked the theory of evolution.

we are going in circles here that is why I feel it is not worth the debate with you in particular.

You and some others would rather use evolution to attack people who believe in God, It makes no difference even if it has been or is proven via petri-dish.

I am questioning your 'intent' in bashing Creationist... or religious peoples in general.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I am questioning your 'intent' in bashing Creationist... or religious peoples in general.

Creationists are demanding equal time in science classrooms in school.

Do you not see the inherent problem with this?

Buddism is a religion, yet they are not requesting time in a science classroom to discuss their ideas on the origins of earth..why?

This means it is not religion that is being attacked overall...its passing the story of creation on in a equal light as something that has been tirelessly examined, refined, and continues to be examined and refined.

My religion has a different view on math. It is said that 1+1=2, however, my religion dictates it is actually 3, because the holy number is in all couplings...therefore, my mathmatical religion should be given equal time with standard math.
Do you agree with this?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You are making less and less sense with every post you make.

Seriously, whatever it is that you are drinking you may want to switch to water

Either that or tell your doctor to up the dosage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join