It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers Find First Evidence Of Other Universes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Astronomers Find First Evidence Of Other Universes

www.sott.net

Our cosmos was "bruised" in collisions with other universes. Now astronomers have found the first evidence of these impacts in the cosmic microwave background

That's an extraordinary discovery: evidence of something that occurred before the (conventional) Big Bang.

Cosmologists should have a decent data set to play with in a couple of years or so. When they get it, these circles should either spring into clear view or disappear into noise (rather like the mysterious Mars face that appeared in pictures of the red planet taken by Viking 1 and then disappeared in the higher resolution
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
arxiv.org
arxiv.org
www.sott.net
www.1500espn.com

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

There's something exciting afoot in world of cosmology. Last month, Roger Penrose at the University of Oxford and Vahe Gurzadyan at Yerevan State University in Armenia announced that they had found patterns of concentric circles in the cosmic microwave background, the echo of the Big Bang.

This, they say, is exactly what you'd expect if the universe were eternally cyclical. By that, they mean that each cycle ends with a big bang that starts the next cycle. In this model, the universe is a kind of cosmic Russian Doll, with all previous universes contained within the current one.

That's an extraordinary discovery: evidence of something that occurred before the (conventional) Big Bang.

Today, another group says they've found something else in the echo of the Big Bang. These guys start with a different model of the universe called eternal inflation. In this way of thinking, the universe we see is merely a bubble in a much larger cosmos. This cosmos is filled with other bubbles, all of which are other universes where the laws of physics may be dramatically different to ours.

These bubbles probably had a violent past, jostling together and leaving "cosmic bruises" where they touched. If so, these bruises ought to be visible today in the cosmic microwave background.

Now Stephen Feeney at University College London and a few pals say they've found tentative evidence of this bruising in the form of circular patterns in cosmic microwave background. In fact, they've found four bruises, implying that our universe must have smashed into other bubbles at least four times in the past.
Again, this is an extraordinary result: the first evidence of universes beyond our own........continues in the link

In November, scientists at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC, its acronym in English) and CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) have to be searching for other dimensions and, in early December, another group reported that there are three times more stars in the universe.

Parallel realities are real?
We are dreaming... and we exist in the dream, the dream is real, when we dream... this reality is dream like, so...?
Just speculative crap?

Cosmological data has yet to confirm, what some scientists have already affirmed.
There's still a lot left to be learned.

www.sott.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Parallel Universes, and unlimited number of Universes exist in theory.

Time to move along and find solid ground working evidence to support these theories.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I love stuff like this.
And it's one of my strong beliefs that there are multiple universe. It just feels right for some reason.
Just a gut feeling I guess.
I would be pretty amazing if they could prove it within our lifetime.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yep that gut feeling is shared by a mess of people.
Its all a matter of perception though, isnt it?
One guy sees cycles of the big bang, amd the next guy sees bruised spots on the skin of our universe...yeesh!
I love thiis %^it!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

these circles should either spring into clear view or disappear into noise (rather like the mysterious Mars face that appeared in pictures of the red planet taken by Viking 1 and then disappeared in the higher resolution

They picked a good example, we all know how real the face on Mars turned out to be.

This will turn out to be just as real, is my guess (meaning, not at all).

There may be other universes, I just don't think they'll find them by looking at CMBR.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Can't Penrose stop making the rest of us look bad? He's already established himself as one of the if not the smartest man in the world and here he is changing the world once again.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Apart from parallel or different dimensions, I thought the universe was everything..
If there's more doesn't that just mean THE universe is bigger than they thought, not another one?????

Definitions of universe on the Web:

* everything that exists anywhere;

www.google.com.au...:universe&sa=X&ei=vkkITZ6JPIOnrAet0YTVDg&ved=0CBUQkAE
edit on 14-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If only I could prove it! But my belief is their are planet's for EVERY star.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by RUSSO

these circles should either spring into clear view or disappear into noise (rather like the mysterious Mars face that appeared in pictures of the red planet taken by Viking 1 and then disappeared in the higher resolution

They picked a good example, we all know how real the face on Mars turned out to be.

This will turn out to be just as real, is my guess (meaning, not at all).

There may be other universes, I just don't think they'll find them by looking at CMBR.

Hi arbitrageur.

I dont know, this struggle between belief and science has already "earned" many bad things to humanity. Scientists have burned for him to say things the status quo did not agree, atomic bombs have exploded, we went to the moon, we discovered bacterias living in cyanide. I do not doubt nothing more.

I just hope they dont give up to enlightening people.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Lets wait and see. I still hope that while we breathe .

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

I understand and agree with you.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Some people born to BE.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by RUSSO

Apart from parallel or different dimensions, I thought the universe was everything..
If there's more doesn't that just mean THE universe is bigger than they thought, not another one?????

Definitions of universe on the Web:

* everything that exists anywhere;

www.google.com.au...:universe&sa=X&ei=vkkITZ6JPIOnrAet0YTVDg&ved=0CBUQkAE
edit on 14-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

Either that or we have to redefine the word universe in the dictionary. Or create a better one/definition

This is cool. Change is good

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The idea of multiple universes in bubbles intrigues me.

I like the line about the laws of physics in each universe could be dramatically different. If they were different how could they exist?

And, if there are multiple bubble universes what are the laws for where these bubbles are formed?

As I said quite intriguing.

I think it is impossible for the universe to be non cyclic. If the universe is symmetrical, as is thought, then the white holes are spewing new matter in at the same amount that black holes are pulling it out.

I love astro/particle physics.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I don't know, man. Seems real to me
(awaits flammage).

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Cool, other Universe... well now it would be called a Multiverse huh? Hmm, if its true, I think it would be extremely arrogant to think we're alone.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

good post

Unfortunately, I find the concept and idea that scientists have finally found their FIRST evidence of alien life somewhat hard to swallw.

So...after billions and billions of us taxpayer dollars and zillions funded with seti only NOW we are fed this tidbit nibble of a newsworthy article...

well, absolute bullcarp...

nothing, and i mean nothing could be further from the truth!

Of course, we all know stars are in space...yet in every single photograph or video from the ISS there are no stars...why is that!

all the better to lie to the sheep

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

You have any doubt?

No way we are alone in this universe. Then imagine a concept that allows more than one.

Im not arrogant. I just try to be reasonable.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What definition of universe are they using? "Universe" is a word for the totality of everything that exists. So if they find "other universes", those "other universes" are just a part of the ONE universe. So there is still only one universe.

What they should be saying is that they found new parts of the universe, not more universes.
edit on 14-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join