It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this place AWESOME or what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Sorry about the CAPS in the title there, but you need to check this place out. Totally awesome! I've been to this place a few times. Learned about it when I was a kid and I've never been able to forget it. Its a little place thats not too well known by strangers. It goes by the name of "The Blue Hole".....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f68b83bb9ee.jpg[/atsimg]

Thats a little overview of the entire place.

Albert Pike, Arkansas is where youl find this beauty. Apparently there was a mining operation some time ago and they hit a natural aquifer resulting in this AWESOME place! The blue-green hue of the water is beautiful and I've never seen it a different color. Who would of thought that a huge eff up like that could result in one of the coolest places I have ever been. Cliffs surround the site. A few of them are perfect for jumping and I have never touched the bottom.

I sat at this very place on "senior skip day" when I was in the 11th grade. Seems quite some time ago now...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a713304c170f.jpg[/atsimg]

That is the medium cliff... I never tested the tall one. I gotta say that i was chicken.

There it is... The medium cliff...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6825073ae4d6.jpg[/atsimg]

There it is... The man holding you back...

I don't really know why I wrote this thread... I guess it's so people will remember that there are still some pretty awesome things around this place. Maybe even in your own backyard? If you happen to be from the states, feel like getting away for a while and are close enough to do so... I recommend the Blue Hole.

P.S. If some army type people get mad at you for being in this general location.... Just leave and come back in a hour. It'l work...

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thank you. Going to look it up. Live in Louisiana and was looking for a new place to go to within driving distance.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Its kinda tuff to get there. You'll probably need a truck or 4 wheeler.

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I have spent many a day there. It is an old Novaculite mine. The factory that processed it is still just over the hill, but has full time guards. When you turn left from the main dirt road towards the hole you could tromp though the wood to the right and you would see the factory. It would be a left turn if you came in by the Peace Valley lodge if it is still a lodge etc...

When we first found this place it was gated and also you should note I have never seen anything living in the water even plant life. That said it great swimming "The best!".
edit on 6-9-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
the lake is beautiful! the air must be fresh! i recently went to a place similar to this. Wonderful trip!
edit on Aug 5th 2019 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join