It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Im sure if "15 year old boy" or "man in wheelchair" lived in Iran, China or Sudan or another one of those fabulous countries where human right's abusals are the norm, they would'nt have had the chance to voice their opinions on state tv. They would simply disappear, forever.

So living with western human right's abuses ( not enough ramps for wheelchairs, parking meter's etc etc) isnt so bad after all.
Sometimes we forget how lucky we are not living in countries where REAL human right's abuses are an every day occurance.

edit on 15-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
reply to post by oozyism

Im sure if "15 year old boy" or "man in wheelchair" lived in Iran,Cchina or another one of those fabulous countries where human right's abusals are the norm, they would'nt have had the chance to voice their opinions on state tv.
They would simply disappear, forever.

So living with western human right's abuses isnt so bad after all.
Sometimes we forget how lucky we are not living in countries where REAL human right's abuses are an every day occurance.

OK let me play games with you now, because you are getting boring.

Are you suggesting Iran should be blamed for the disabled person being pushed out of his wheel chair and dragged across the road, pushed to the ground, without any justification?

Is that what you are suggesting?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

You have turned this whole topic to Iran. Why don't you post your Iranian criticism in threads related to Iranian human rights?

said the man who came up short.

Your thread title is "Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN", but you're suggesting we shouldn't talk about Iran's violations. Why cause it doesn't suit your agenda? What a joke!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge

Originally posted by oozyism

You have turned this whole topic to Iran. Why don't you post your Iranian criticism in threads related to Iranian human rights?

said the man who came up short.

Your thread title is "Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN", but you're suggesting we shouldn't talk about Iran's violations. Why cause it doesn't suit your agenda? What a joke!

No, we should be talking about UK violations because that's the issue that is concerning Iran, among others in the world. This isn't about Iran's violations, this is about UK police charging into crowds of student protesters with horses and beating down students who are protesting an three-fold increase in tuition costs (WHICH IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS, by the way).

link   
reply to post by oozyism

Do you actually read ALL the post, or just 1 or 2 words.
What im saying is -
Abuses by western nations are nothing in comparison with those hand out by nations like Iran, China etc.

People like those in the video have had the opportunity to express themselves on TV against the government, telling the whole world how they where treated.
In countries such as those i mentioned above, this wouldnt have happened.

I never mentioned Iran being to blame for the man thrown from the chair. Your words, not mine.?

How can countries like these point the finger when they dont even have freedom of speech.

link   
reply to post by andy1972

4 - What i find hard to swallow is that a country like Iran, who has the death sentance for being gay, adultery and sex out of marriage starts to scream that the UK is abusing human right's after a tussle betwen police and protesters

the police also killed a man in another protest years ago, and a man was fighting for his life in the recent demonstrations, there are quite a few other examples, i am just pointing this out because it is not as menial as you claim. also people in the U.K. feel their democratic rights and human rights are being trampled on during the protests, don't listen to me, listen to what the people are saying who were there and what they think.

as for point 4 in your post. what you fail to see is iran's game, and that two wrongs do not make a right.
iran is simply pointing out the hypocritical stance people(governments) have when talking about human rights, freedom's and the right to protest. this thread is full of it.

so there are three outcomes, nobody condemns any potential human rights abuses from the U.K., iran then wave the outcome of this in the u.k.'s face every time the U.K. call out iran on human rights abuses.

or it is found that the U.K. has breached human rights, it is labeled, punished, has to make an apology, or whatever happens when your in breach, people in the U.K. are treated better on the next demo.

or the claims are false, what the hell is iran talking about? but do you really think iran would do this if they felt there were no case?

so it boils down to two scenario's, either way it is win win as far as iran is concerned. that is iran's game.

i don't know about you but i am all for improving our human rights, whilst making sure iran does not get away with theirs by having ammo to throw at governments about their inaction to act about their human rights or other countries.

the best outcome for human rights is it is treated the same as any other case, regardless of who the accuser is.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Im sure if "15 year old boy" or "man in wheelchair" lived in Iran, China or Sudan or another one of those fabulous countries where human right's abusals are the norm, they would'nt have had the chance to voice their opinions on state tv. They would simply disappear, forever.

So living with western human right's abuses ( not enough ramps for wheelchairs, parking meter's etc etc) isnt so bad after all.

That's where you are making a HUGE mistake..
You are talking about Western human right's abuses that are comitted in the West..

What about the Western human right's abuses occuring in other countries???
The innocents that are bombed or attacked by drones.
The ones sick and dying from depleted uranium ammo.
The ones (including children) abused by US funded contractors.
The ones tortured in secret prisons that are now admitted to, minus locations..
And on and on...

The west is just as bad if not worse than others..
They just know better than to [3snip] in their own backyard...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Do you actually read ALL the post, or just 1 or 2 words.
What im saying is -
Abuses by western nations are nothing in comparison with those hand out by nations like Iran, China etc.

People like those in the video have had the opportunity to express themselves on TV against the government, telling the whole world how they where treated.
In countries such as those i mentioned above, this wouldnt have happened.

I never mentioned Iran being to blame for the man thrown from the chair. Your words, not mine.?

How can countries like these point the finger when they dont even have freedom of speech.

ZZZ

How about this, you tell me what you want me to say, and I will say it.

What do you want me to say?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
For what it is worth, methinks The U.S., U.K., Iran and the U.N. will be
in the sights of the people of this world. They are all so full of caca and
have proven that many times over. The U.S., U.K., and Iran run to the
U.N. snitching on each other all the time saying did you see what they
did? Did you hear what they said? Yada yada yada and the U.N. say's
now now, play nice or you will get grounded (sanctions). It seems
that whoever greeses the U.N.'s palm most gets their ear. What about
the supposed World court? Can anyone say Yugoslavia? It all seems like
a World wide soap opera "As the World turns" or more like "As the World
burns"
Like the musicians that keep playing while the titanic sinks.........

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The are already plenty of threads that cover this subject, however this particular thread is in reaction to Iran's decision to report this violation. Therefor, credibility is an important element just as it would be if a crime was being reported to the police. How much credibility do you think an ex-convicts testimony would have in the court of law. In this case Iran has no credibility and neither does presstv, and the OP's agenda, lets not even talk about that.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Findings = the rulers of Iran are brain-dead - DO NO RESUSCITATE!

Please, and these people lead a whole country!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

The are already plenty of threads that cover this subject, however this particular thread is in reaction to Iran's decision to report this violation. Therefor, credibility is an important element just as it would be if a crime was being reported to the police. How much credibility do you think an ex-convicts testimony would have in the court of law. In this case Iran has no credibility and neither does presstv, and the OP's agenda, lets not even talk about that.

Credibility is secondary..Discussing the actual alegation should be the focus of discussion but that's not important to you guys....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

You are questioning Iran's credibility in this matter? Have you not seen the videos of UK police brutality in these protests? I have, and I am glad that Iran is standing up for these students because the UK government, who is supposed to represent them, is busy beating them down while the monarchy looks down on them after their precious car got hit by paint balls.

Nobody else is going to stand up for them in their own country, but Iran is doing it. And if this has somehow turned into an issue of credibility (aka popularity, in modern conditions) over the actual situation, then I see Iran as more credible than most other countries. Seriously, who is supposed to be more credible than Iran?

Let's use the US example, since there's too many people with internet who believe that the US is the most credible nation on Earth. They just suffered from exposure of documents proving that they spy on their allies, even the UN! Are they supposed to be the credible group standing up for the oppressed students in the UK? Because if they are, I don't see them doing anything.

And it is the UN's job to stand up for human rights, Iran is raising the concern to the UN as is required in UN procedure. The credibility issue here is if the UN will do anything about this, especially since the UK is a security council member.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Alright if it makes you feel better -
The UK the US and the whole "free" world abuse the right's of everyone else.
The Israeli's kill poor palestinians but where all to afraid to say it.
The US and the UK critican the policies of every other country whilst abusing the right's of poor Afghanistan and Iraq.

We are all hypocrits and live by double stadards.

All except you it seems, you are the champion of the oppressed nations.

I hope you now feel better, and you can sleep soundly.

I now feel compelled to end my post's in this thread as "you cant teach and empty hall", there are certain people here in the thread who seem to have a simple "good/bad" mentality, without the capcity to reason that there is a third option between the two.
Those that live in the UK live that third option.
The third option is that of a generally good nation, that treats its citizens well, but has an occasional lapse an "exception to the rule", if you like.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I had to star that...
Most was true

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Nobody else is going to stand up for them in their own country, but Iran is doing it. Seriously, who is supposed to be more credible than Iran?

Yes , someone needs to defend society's nnocent's.

What a load of bollocks.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Image says "error"

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

So in conclusion UK citizens have only got the right to criticize UK human rights violations?

That is a great conclusion we have come to.

One last question:
Does the above conclusion also suggests that Iranian citizens shouldn't criticize UK human right's violations?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Question - what "right's" have actually been abused, in the UK by the UK, to make Iran get on it's high horse?? I see people exercising their right to free speech, protesting in the street and having their "voice" heard, and all on "state" run TV.

Some tosser lobs an extinguisher, expressing himself freely, and the cops take it badly

Cant imagine why.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

so because that guy used a chair to smash a window it means all u.k. citizens human rights were void?
there were many people on the demonstration who did nothing wrong, yet hand their human rights and freedoms trampled on.

we can argue till the cows come home about why that was, but one guy smashing a window does not label all protesters as criminals, so yes there were many innocents there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join