It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN

www.presstv.com

Iran says it will report the crackdown of the British government on student protesters to the United Nations' Human Rights Council.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I just can't stop laughing.

I always said what goes around comes around, and it is coming around alright hahahahaha

I'm loving every minute of this, and I'm sure Iran is also. Having an excuse to bash the same country which bashed Iran during its own domestic protests, is damn pleasant I'm sure, like they say, revenge is sweet, and this is nothing more than a revenge.

Thoughts/

oz

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

well what ever Iran is
the bull that they have been put through is just shamefull
and the way some people demonize them in totall disregard fro the truth
just the shaw alone (BP, what ever they were called back then)
I love it when the under dog gets a good one in there

and there are a lot of Britsh and folks world wide that will agree with the Iranians
I hope

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is just a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

It will be interesting to see how the U.N. react, and what action they take (if any).

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

yes i would agree and am from the U.K.

human rights abuses are a crime regardless of what country committed it, you cannot really condemn one country for it but excuse another. but we know a lot of people will try.

people seem to fight for justice and rights of people in other countries like iran, but then excuse it when it is on their own backdoor and threatens their own rights, i have never understood that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Danbones

yes i would agree and am from the U.K.

human rights abuses are a crime regardless of what country committed it, you cannot really condemn one country for it but excuse another. but we know a lot of people will try.

people seem to fight for justice and rights of people in other countries like iran, but then excuse it when it is on their own backdoor and threatens their own rights, i have never understood that.

I haven't understood it also.

I have a theory though, maybe the Human Right issue have been turned in to Political junk.

It is evident that anything which is used as a political tool turns in to Junk.

The Human Rights council in UN has been used as a political tool, which has turned it in to a junk.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by oozyism

I love it when the under dog gets a good one in there

Yes I like to root for the underdog as well, however, not when the underdog happens to have the second highest execution rate in the world.

You fail!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge

What's wrong with execution?

I would be interested in knowing your ideas regarding how execution is wrong/bad.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

No, the US just locks them all up at great expense to the tax payer..
But the Private Companies are laughing all the way to the bank..

American prisons and jails held 2,304,115 inmates in 2008.[2] Approximately one in every 18 men in the United States is behind bars or being monitored. A significantly greater percentage of the American population is in some form of correctional control even though crime rates have declined by about 25 percent from 1988-2008.[11] 70% of prisoners in the United States are non-whites.[12] In recent decades the U.S. has experienced a surge in its prison population, quadrupling since 1980, partially as a result of mandated sentences that came about during the "war on drugs." Violent crime and property crime have declined since the early 1990s.[13]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

What's wrong with execution?

Is that a serious question???

Your anti-American bias is transparent. You have an agenda and will not want to hear anything that is against your agenda. So nice try. You're not worth my time.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I don't agree with what the US does either. But I can't stand the short-sightedness of some who indirectly support the murderous regime of Iran because of their hate for US and UK.

Case in point...the OP.
edit on 14-12-2010 by endlessknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge

I don't agree with what the US does either. But I can't stand the short-sightedness of some who indirectly support the murderous regime of Iran because of their hate for US and UK.

Case in point...the OP.

who's supporting iran? what iran does to its people is wrong and they are reported for it all the time.
why does that mean human rights abuses should be ignored if it happens in the U.S. or U.K.? should they not be reported to?

or is it the classical case of blast every one else when they do it, but it is fine when and if it happens in your country or my country?

edit on 14-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Case in point...the OP.

Well the US has an ex President who actually made money writing a book that literally BRAGGED about TORTURE..
What more needs to be said????

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Is that a serious question???

Your anti-American bias is transparent. You have an agenda and will not want to hear anything that is against your agenda. So nice try. You're not worth my time.

What?

So let me get your logic straight.

You think it is worth wasting a whole post writing rubbish, but not worth explaining your post?

It seems you are so ignorant that you can't even explain why execution is wrong/bad?

Jesus Christ, what happened to ATS

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

IT is one of those classic cases which goes a long the lines of this quote:
"if you can't kill the message, kill the messenger" or messengers in this case.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Case in point...the OP.

who's supporting iran? what iran does to its people is wrong and they are reported for it all the time.
why does that mean human rights abuses should be ignored if it happens in the U.S. or U.K.? should they not be reported to?

or is it the classical case of blast even one else when they do it, but it is fine when and if it happens in your country or my country?

Who is supporting Iran?? come on man where did you go to school? Your answer is right in your quote..THE OP.

Who in the hell said human rights should be ignored in the US or UK? Ass-ume much?? Seems like the only thing that should be ignored is YOU!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Case in point...the OP.

i am quoting and replying again to point something out you may not of thought about.

if you make it o.k. for the u.s. and the u.k. to commit human rights abuses, either by excusing it or by iran reporting it and it being ignored, then what you are doing is giving iran justification to commit human rights abuses in their country.

so why are you supporting iran?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Case in point...the OP.

i am quoting and replying again to point something out you may not of thought about.

if you make it o.k. for the u.s. and the u.k. to commit human rights abuses, either by excusing it or by iran reporting it and it being ignored, then what you are doing is giving iran justification to commit human rights abuses in their country.

so why are you supporting iran?

No, you're just trying to ignore crackdowns in the West by misdirection. Who usually brings Iran before the UN, the US? What kind of crimes do they commit, aside from illegal surveillance, spying on allies, kidnapping and locking up "enemy combatants" without trial, etc etc? Iran is not worse that the powers who accuse it of crimes.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

i did not say they were worse.

why is it people only see countries, rather than seeing all human rights abuses are wrong? and should be condemned equally regardless of who committed it.

if you say it is wrong for one and not the other then you always justify the other doing it in the first place.
and that is what i will not do.
edit on 14-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Case in point...the OP.

Well the US has an ex President who actually made money writing a book that literally BRAGGED about TORTURE..
What more needs to be said????

I can't stand that scum any more than you, however what's your point. I already said that I don't agree with what the US does. I just stated that I will not root for Iran just because they said they will report the UK. Lets just say Iran doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to human rights. Period.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join