It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occult Owl Makes Starbucks Appearance?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

A little too paranoid. Nothing to see here but a picture of an owl. Wait till someone blames the Masons or maybe a Chinese lantern did it!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
one eye
the eye of moloch?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by Mr. D

You sold your soul since you have to have no soul to pay 5 bucks for a coffee.. Only the devil would charge that much. And Hey Its not the devil she's a Simi, not the devil, simi is a goth demon who eats zombies with BBQ.

haha, the best things in life are free and you can't take anything with you when you leave.

You say I am poor but I am really rich. You can not buy or sell anyone or anything that was
never for sale in the first place. I never sold my soul and am no slave, that is another reason why
their whole system is crashing like a deck of cards. Daemon, devil both are supposed to be
evil no?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I took a couple of pictures when I still had the cup - here's one of them. It's the best one I have that shows the two stars/snowflakes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7eb374f0308d.png[/atsimg]

I DID shoot a quick video, too... but my damn blackberry didn't save it right!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
one eye
the eye of moloch?

Supposed to be the eye of Horus no? Since when is Horus Moloch anyway?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

Moloch is a Bull God. You are probably referring to the Alex Jones story that said the name of the owl at Bohemian Grove was Moloch. The name of the owl is actually Lillith. Just google Moloch and Lillith and you'll see what I mean. Cool find, though.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D

one eye
the eye of moloch?

Eye of Moloch whose soul is electricity and banks!”
— Allen Ginsburg in Howl
edit on 14-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
reply to post by DamaSan

Moloch is a Bull God. You are probably referring to the Alex Jones story that said the name of the owl at Bohemian Grove was Moloch. The name of the owl is actually Lillith. Just google Moloch and Lillith and you'll see what I mean. Cool find, though.

Shh.. I hear bubbles bursting in Alex Jonestown...
Shoulda seen the fallout from my thread about this yrs ago on PP.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

one eye
the eye of moloch?

(mō'lŏk', mŏl'ək) also Mo·lech (mō'lĕk', mŏl'ək)
n.
1.In the Bible, the god of the Canaanites and Phoenicians to whom children were sacrificed.
2.Something possessing the power to exact severe sacrifice.
[Late Latin Moloch, from Greek Molokh, from Hebrew Mōlek, of Canaanite origin.]

www.answers.com...
which is what jones saw at bohemian grove
too quick to judgement much?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thread title amended to be less specific and keep everyone happy. I'm not an Alex Jones follower, but for some reason I had Moloch equated to the owl in my head. Seems there are many things that are symbolized as an owl.

edit on 14-12-2010 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

reply to post by DamaSan

People should not leave their children with Moloch, A normal owl is the symbol of Athena
(Greek goddess) that stands for wisdom or Roman goddess Minerva. Lilth was Adams first
wife who would not be subserviant to him (though she probably did love him) which is probably
why we have feminism today. Seems like everything is all mixed up in this thread.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
mixed up
yeah it certainly is

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
so lilith is out that is disproved looks like

Lilith (Hebrew: לילית‎; IPA: lilit, or lilith) is a character in Jewish mythology, found earliest in the Babylonian Talmud, which is generally thought to be related to a class of female demons Līlīṯu in Mesopotamian texts. However, Lowell K. Handy (1997) notes that "Very little information has been found relating to the Akkadian and Babylonian view of these demons. Two sources of information previously used to define Lilith are both suspect." [1] The two problematic sources are the Gilgamesh appendix and the Arshlan-Tash amulets below.[2]
Kramer's identification is repeated without question or justification by Manfred Hutter in the article on Lilith in Dictionary of deities and demons in the Bible (1999)[15]

Suggested translations for the Tablet XII spirit in the tree include ki-sikil as "sacred place", lil as "spirit", and lil-la-ke as "water spirit".[16] but also simply "owl", given that the lil is building a home in the trunk of the tree.[17]

A connection between the Gilgamesh ki-sikil-lil-la-ke and the Jewish Lilith was rejected by Dietrich Opitz (1932)[18] and other scholars, finally being rejected on textual grounds by Sergio Ribichini (1978).[19]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

reply to post by DamaSan

People should not leave their children with Moloch, A normal owl is the symbol of Athena
(Greek goddess) that stands for wisdom or Roman goddess Minerva. Lilth was Adams first
wife who would not be subserviant to him (though she probably did love him) which is probably
why we have feminism today. Seems like everything is all mixed up in this thread.

I think where people get the idea that lilith is associated with the owl is the relief or carving of her standing with vird feet and the owls beside them. Im aware that is not her symbol as I am aware that no one but jones called the owl Molech but Jones. Its is called the Owl of Bohemia. Minerva is who Ive always read was associated with the owl.. as you have said.. her greek representative is Athena. Nothing to do with the Bohemian Grovers that Ive ever been able to find.
Besides, Jones acted like he had broken into fort Knox.. when teens had been busting into the grove for quite some time and posted things on the goings on.. with pretty pics even. With jones its all disinfo and hype.
Molech loved child sacrifices, was a fire god, a caananite god amongst others.. and as far as I could ever find had NO association with an owl or anything to do with what goes on with the stupid cremations of care at the grove. Its made up gobbeldygook for a weirdo fraternity... someday people will accept that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

so lilith is out that is disproved looks like

Lilith (Hebrew: לילית‎; IPA: lilit, or lilith) is a character in Jewish mythology, found earliest in the Babylonian Talmud, which is generally thought to be related to a class of female demons Līlīṯu in Mesopotamian texts. However, Lowell K. Handy (1997) notes that "Very little information has been found relating to the Akkadian and Babylonian view of these demons. Two sources of information previously used to define Lilith are both suspect." [1] The two problematic sources are the Gilgamesh appendix and the Arshlan-Tash amulets below.[2]
Kramer's identification is repeated without question or justification by Manfred Hutter in the article on Lilith in Dictionary of deities and demons in the Bible (1999)[15]

Suggested translations for the Tablet XII spirit in the tree include ki-sikil as "sacred place", lil as "spirit", and lil-la-ke as "water spirit".[16] but also simply "owl", given that the lil is building a home in the trunk of the tree.[17]

A connection between the Gilgamesh ki-sikil-lil-la-ke and the Jewish Lilith was rejected by Dietrich Opitz (1932)[18] and other scholars, finally being rejected on textual grounds by Sergio Ribichini (1978).[19]

en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like either she was the serpent in the Garden of Eden, demonized by Eve or both eh?

In Jewish folklore, from the 8th-10th Century Alphabet of Ben Sira onwards Lilith becomes Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time and from the same earth as Adam. This legend was greatly developed during the Middle Ages, in the tradition of Aggadic midrashim, the Zohar and Jewish mysticism.[3] In the 13th Century writings of Rabbi Isaac ben Jacob ha-Kohen, for example, Lilith left Adam after she refused to become subservient to him and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she mated with archangel Samael.[4] The resulting Lilith legend is still commonly used as source material in modern Western culture, literature, occultism, fantasy and horror.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, once everyone decides on the true esoteric meaning of this symbol, let's postulate on what it has to do with Star Bucks and why they would put it on their cups (grande only) for the world to see

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Hebrew text

In the Massoretic Text:

Hebrew: וּפָגְשׁוּ צִיִּים אֶת-אִיִּים, וְשָׂעִיר עַל-רֵעֵהוּ יִקְרָא; אַךְ-שָׁם הִרְגִּיעָה לִּילִית, וּמָצְאָה לָהּ מָנוֹח
Hebrew (ISO 259): u-pagšu ṣiyyim et-ʾiyyim w-saʿir ʿal-rēʿēhu yiqra; ʾak-šam hirgiʿa lilit u-maṣʾa lah manoaḫ[66]
34:14 "And shall-meet desert creatures

(particle) jackals

the goat

he-calls his-fellow

lilit (lilith) she-rests

and she-finds rest

[67]
34:15 there she-shall-nest

the great-owl

, and she-lays-(eggs)

, and she-hatches

, and she-gathers under her-shadow:
hawks

also they-gather, every one with its mate

In the Dead Sea Scrolls, among the 19 fragments of Isaiah found at Qumran, the Great Isaiah Scroll (1Q1Isa) in 34:14 renders the creature as plural liliyyot (or liliyyoth).[68]

Eberhard Schrader (1875)[69] and Moritz Abraham Levy (1885)[70] suggest that Lilith was a goddess of the night, known also by the Jewish exiles in Babylon. Schrader and Levy's view is therefore partly dependent on a later dating of Deutero-Isaiah to the 6th century BC, and the presence of Jews in Babylon which would coincide with the possible references to the Līlītu in Babylonian demonology. However this view is challenged by some modern research such as by Judit M. Blair (2009) who considers that the context indicates unclean animals.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

In modern English usage, "Moloch" can refer derivatively to any person or thing which demands or requires costly sacrifices.

en.wikipedia.org...

way to go jones bashers
looks like at least jones looked it up

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

HAHA. Agreed. I see where the you would think it looks like Baphomet. It really doesn't seem like an accident. Everything is intentional in advertising. Whether it was done as a reference to occultism or just to play on the popularity of occultism (Vigilant Citizen comes to mind), who knows?

It could be something else entirely, I might add. But, it's still intentional.
edit on 12/14/2010 by PhantomLimb because: added more

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

this starbucks owl was a back to school item. plush stuffed animal, all tags still on it, brand new.

www.worthpoint.com...

It was the intention of the original Starbucks founders to use the mermaid/siren to represent the seduction of the sea going mariners. In continuing with the metaphor, they were simply replacing the sirens seductive songs with the their tasty irresistible berverages.
It is based off Moby Dick and the character Starbuck who was a sailor who loved coffee. And sirens were seductive to sailors they would jump out of boats once they heard the sirens' songs. So it basically means that it is irrestible.

wiki.answers.com...

I no longer have the cup, but it read something to the effect of: "I had coffee with a stranger the other day. We aren't strangers anymore."

I'm going to guess along the lines of the above that reason for this logo
"wisdom" or "knowing" is the connection they want to make

also the connection to lilith right or wrong would link it to a witches brew
she was considered in pop culture to be a siren type too looks like

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join