It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flocks of Birds Grounded In Cornwall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Not sure where else to put this but here goes.

Very cold here in Cornwall tonight. Just been to the super market to get some bits and when I came out there are 100's of birds all over the car park. They all seem disorientated and a little lost. Its very unusal to see birds around at night especially in these numbers. They are all just sitting all over the car park, there must be 1000's of them. To be honest they seem a little 'stunned' for wants of a better word.

Cant find anything online about anything thats happened but it kind of reminded me of the scene out of 'Day After Tomorrow' lots of different bird that do not seem to have a clue where they are or where they going.

Thoughts ??

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
just speculation, but we just got hit with a solar storm mon the 13th...maybe it frigged up the magnetic field enough to disorient the birds

be good

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
They're just waiting to attack.....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

What kind of birds did you say they were?

I was looking at a thread yesterday about the unusual cold weather (UK/N Europe) and the issue of the correspondingly unusual positioning/behaviour of the gulf/jet stream, in turn re-positioning cold air over us. As I was saying yesterday, if the gulf/jet stream / prevailing winds are not working or located in their usual positions, that could have a significant impact on transatlantic jet airliners and fuel burn (noticed BA put up their fuel surcharges today - related?).

Coming back to your post, if they were migratory birds, could they be post-poning attempts to fly into/across the atlantic etc until they know the air-flow is adequately supportive of their direction of travel?

Or could it be simply that they don't wish to be exposed to approaching very cold temps?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I know in Canada our birds left later than usual just because the jet stream is off, every few years it shifts. Its very similar to the Canadian Ice storm of 98 where things like this happened, If I remember from the news the UK experienced very odd weather that year. My guess is due to the weather patterns your birds got hit with weather they aren't use to and had to land and change course

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

you said the birds were all in a carpark? to me the whole scenario is creepy tbh...someone mentioned that the birds were mabe not wanting to fly in this weather...but if birds ground themselves for any length of time its normally somewhere a bit more ...rural, quiet, to be in a carpark is just odd as they are populated normally,

something just doesnt sound right here....they say that animals can hear and know "somethins" coming b4 us humans....i know we have the meteor shower tonight....maybe they dont want to be in the air will be like dodgin bullets.....

hmmmm something to think upon huh?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Thats actually quite interesting. Thanks for that. I know very little about birds of the feathered kind hehe but after a quick Google I think they were mainly these:

sierraclub.typepad.com...

Apparently they are called Bobolinks if I have identified them correctly.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

I know, looked pretty freaky. They were over the entire car park, I had to drive out carefully so as not to run them over. Almost like a thin carpet of birds everywhere and its a big carpark too

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I hope people will take bird food down there and feed them.. in this cold they will need it.

second

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Adorable birds - I hope they will be okay! Could be the severe weather moving in or disorienting chemtrails filling the atmosphere with barium ...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
In winter some birds do flock together(hence the phrase) in order to find food and warmth
food. I wonder if this is the case with these birds?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Perhaps a nice thing to do would be to go to the store and spend $10 on a couple bags of birdseed, preferrably something like sunflower seeds and help the poor kids out.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Did think about this but thought that by my encouraging them to hang around munching I would disturb that that has already been disturbed so decided against it. Kinda hoping they find their way.

Will be there tomorrow but hope they have moved on tbh for their own sakes.

edit on 14-12-2010 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

top topics

join