It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stem Cell Transplant Cures HIV in "BerlinPatient"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

HIV cure in berlin?

www.huffingtonpost.com

Timothy Ray Brown, also known as the "Berlin Patient," received the transplant in 2007 as part of a lengthy treatment course for leukemia. His doctors recently published a report in the journal Blood affirming that the results of extensive testing "strongly suggest that cure of HIV infection has been achieved."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Tue Dec 14 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: corrected title to fit article

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
going out in the city, meeting new girls, is mad stressful now! even if you just do the oral thing, you gotta worry about what or where she has been.

this would also help those with the disease, this is WAY better than a vaccine! those infected would not have to live with the stigmatta!

i hope its real, and not just some hoax.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
video.google.com...#

HIV can't kill you, aids is a direct result from the treatment 'AZT'

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There is no money in the cure, only in the treatment of symptoms.

While this could be very good news indeed, I am sorry to say that it will likely fall out of existence or some corporation will buy it out.

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFallOfRa
video.google.com...#

HIV can't kill you, aids is a direct result from the treatment 'AZT'

Africans are dealing with an aids epidemic..most of them cannot afford the treatment, and most of them are dying as the result.

The distortion and lies about how the treatment is the cause is just that..lies.
Its spread by a few different branches of thought..its basically sociological darwinism. ignore the people dying from lack of treatment, ignore the people alive from being treated, and demand treatments are bad because some nut said so.

I was going to post a few videos about the aids epidemic in africa, but I really don't see the point.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

Good news!

But, when news like this comes out, I cant help but feel a little bit of nationalistic disappointment

the east is leading now in technology, europe is leading in medical breakthroughs..what is America contributing to the world lately? Why are we no longer investing heavily in science? Its like there is a sabotage project going on in America that is destroying any chance of us to be a competitive nation and its succeeding wonderfully.

Anyhow. just my 2 cents..either way, great news.

link   
some people are immune to hiv, this is a proven fact. maybe others are better at fighting it than some so i wouldnt get too excited just yet.

link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
There is no money in the cure, only in the treatment of symptoms.

While this could be very good news indeed, I am sorry to say that it will likely fall out of existence or some corporation will buy it out.

~Namaste

Sadly, I agree.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In regards to the topic, there is very convincing data that I have read in various places that suggest that HIV/AIDS is the result of Benzene accumulation in the body...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Please watch the link I have provided before you say I'm wrong. There is no aids epidemic in Africa, they're dying of something else.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFallOfRa

i cant see the logic in that statement unless they are all dying of a perfectly treatable problem as why scare people with one virus when it is an equally deadly virus that is wiping all these africans out aswell as gay men, drug addicts and straight women in western countries(i know this affects straight men who do not inject drugs but this is very rare).
also iran has a huge hiv problem but i cant see them doing deals with american drug companys to keep this secret.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Please watch the link I have provided before you say I'm wrong. There is no aids epidemic in Africa, they're dying of something else.

Watching this 2 bloody hour video now with a open mind.

One flag up already...this documentry has an agenda, so I am keeping in mind that there is a natural bias towards this, but will see how its laid out.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Yep. This man was not though. He was apparently cured after he was given stem cells from one of those immune people. So immune people may be able to share the wealth.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That's how you're meant to approach a subject, take as much information as you can from both sides and make your decision. I'm not saying you have to believe it, just trying to share information

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFallOfRa

Somewhat.. For the most part though AIDS is a result of the HIV virus feeding on your white blood cells. Once your immune system becomes depleted you have AIDS.. Then what really kills you is some sort of secondary infection (any sort really). Even the common cold.
edit on 14-12-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

That's how you're meant to approach a subject, take as much information as you can from both sides and make your decision. I'm not saying you have to believe it, just trying to share information

Got to say man, I am 14 minutes into it, and its becoming clear how the narration is going...the director is attempting to stress its a lifestyle disease.
I will continue to watch it, but I am now starting to bet that the creators of this documentry are pushing a religious point of view...aka, AIDS is gods judgement on gays, drug users, etc...

they are repetitively bringing up these subtle insinuations while "pretending" to just be painting a picture...if thats how this all ends up, I am going to be very disappointed in wasting my time when I should theoretically be working (ok, who am I kidding, I cant be bothered to work..but still)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
HIV doesn't stay active in your body for long enough to have any affect. And there are a lot of things that can shut down your immune system, doesn't have to be aids. Heavy use of drugs can have a huge impact on the immune system. Again, this does not have to be aids. And the ratio between males and females in the western world having hiv isn't equal, so it can't be transmitted the way they're telling you it is transmitted.
edit on 14-12-2010 by TheFallOfRa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
has any one else hear thought about the possibility that this will also create a possibility of a person with the immunity gene mutation to be killed and harvested for his stem cells?
edit on 14-12-2010 by RedGolem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

My sister had HIV. She was 29 when she died. My age now. She technically died from cirrhosis of the liver, which is where the liver is so scarred from whatever reason that it can no longer function.

She had a daughter before she died. She is also infected and fluctuates back and forth between her white cell count classifying her as HIV positive to have full blown AIDS. She was born in 1990 and is 20 years old now. She has been on many, many different meds, including AZT. Some of them seem to work for awhile but tend to lose effectiveness over time. They keep switching meds and trying new combinations, but it's just a matter of time before some secondary infection, such as pnuemonia, will kill her.

So, all debating aside, I only hope that this stem cell research proves effective, and no one covers up it's existance if it does. She didn't do anything to deserve the life she was dealt.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KayinAR

Sorry for your loss and I hope I have not caused any personal offence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join