It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safe sales soar as worried bank customers keep money at home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Safe sales soar as worried bank customers keep money at home

www.independent.ie

SAFE sales are soaring as more and more worried bank customers stash their cash at home.

AIB said last month that the amount of money on deposit at the bank has fallen by €13bn since the start of the year -- although it blamed most of the reduction on withdrawals by companies and financial institutions.

Another reason for the increased use of home security safes is a growing fear of burglaries because of the recession.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Heh-heh...

I have a feeling this will be a trend which escalates in the coming months and years, as people continually wake up to the fact that they can not trust most banks, and also that literally all but the MAJOR institutions are being closed down.

I also think that we are going to see more folks switch out their 'currency' in favor of golds and precious metals, as the criminals at the fed continue counterfeiting and printing their I.O.U. notes into devalued oblivion.

Interesting sign of the times, and something to keep an eye on.

www.independent.ie
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
yea if i could i would also keep my money in a box under my bed ahahah

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
iv seen quite a few news reports lately on how people in both america and britain arnt using there credit cards this holiday season. and using cash instead. this and the safe thing are good.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Given the shaky nature of finance I don't blame anybody for wanting to diversify their holdings; I personally have found brass, lead, bandages and rice to be nice places to park money in volatile times, because even if things smooth out I can still use those items.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
funny
while the money is in the safe that doesn't keep it from being stolen
note the price of silver
it ISNT RISING
the value of the currencies is falling

It does show that as the Chinese say "change benefits the prepared mind"
selling safes is very profitable

Those buying up the silver with Yanky debt or any currencies which is sinking the dollar and the other currencies too
which the bankers and the governments knew was going to happen all along...
the Peeps;
not so much
edit on 14-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What many of these people don't realize is that they won't lose their money because they can't get it from banks. They will lose it because it will rapidly devalue until it is near worthless. The only difference between the time when Germans hauled wheelbarrows of money to buy bread and now, is that there won't be wheelbarrows. It will be a virtual wheelbarrow, since there is significantly more money in cyberspace than there is hard currency (paper fiat at that).

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by machines4200
yea if i could i would also keep my money in a box under my bed ahahah

Paper won't be worth anything once SHTF.

I would advise you to purchase gold with the paper and hide it in your pillow.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
They might as well be storing silver or guns or drugs in those safes because the money is going to be worthless whether they save it or not.

Also... GOLD INVESTORS!! GUESS WHAT??

The Feds confiscated all your gold during the Great Depression! Look it up. What makes you think they wouldn't do it again?

Hell they'll probably seize silver too this time if they can prove you have much of it.

And your guns too... unless you report them stolen beforehand.

Well that still leaves one thing you could stick in your safe that'll probably retain its value anyway.

And cigarettes for all you smokers.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

That's what i thought!

Why would the elites allow any gold out of their hands?

If i ever invested in gold, i would make sure i keep the bars/coins and get it double checked to make sure it's real.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
iv seen quite a few news reports lately on how people in both america and britain arnt using there credit cards this holiday season. and using cash instead. this and the safe thing are good.

very interesting.

I've done exactly the same thing this year and am going to try to do it as long as I can!

I've found that, just like when I was a teen, I only spend what I have access to and can pay with cash. It became such a routine to use the plastic for everything but after a while, you can't pay the balance off monthly like you always said you would and so it mounts out of control. I still use plastic for ordering things that I can't get locally. I say good trend, too!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

Best thing to do is cut the plastic and keep the cash.

Plastic card = debt slave

Personally i like to keep hard cash and use it for my purchases.It also feels good to have big notes in my wallet.

new topics

top topics

join