It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange free. Granted bail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think he was given bail so that he can be assassinated on the outside. Too many questions will arise if he's whacked while in custody. I'm sure someone else has already thought of this.
edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I was under the impression Assange was the one who requested a solitary cell. This was also so he could get limited computer access, unless the details changed since they were released.

A court can confiscate a passport if the person they are dealing with is not a citizen of that country, and has the means / resourcea available to flee the country. If he were a citizen of the UK they could still collect his passport again if he has the resources or means to flee the country.

The attacks on private business by wikileaks supporters runs contrary to their stated goals. Its the act of a bunch of cowards to go after business who choose not to support Assange and his goal. Please provide evidence that these business were "forced" to shut down anything related to Assange.

It cracks me up that people will bitch about illegal actions of the US Government, yet justify ilegal actions in support of their own cause.

Assange is a twit who needs to go to jail a long time for his crimes, either for the sex crims or the illegal release of classified information. Anyone hacking into business on behalf of Asshat, err assange, should be charged as well for their criminal actions.

Telling the world is he is arrested he will release the insurance file password - By all means lets add some more charges onto it, namely blackmail / extortion.

How stupid do people have to be to to make an argument about law violations and how wrong it is, then turn around and do the exact same thing. While I beleive wikileaks supports these acts by people attacking companies, at least they are smart enough to deny knowing about it or asking for it, since it would move the charges into the realm of conspiracy.

Hypocritical much?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I if it true what the Russians are saying, I think you are right.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Seems there is a confusion in the courts that will be revealed to one and all 5:15pm UK time.

Seems to be something about the Swedish position on the case! some miss-information..

Yet another fup
edit on 14/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

OK..I'll say something.

Cheers for the info!

TBH, i think they denied him bail the first time around for two reasons, and neither had anything to do with flight risk.

Firstly, they wanted to have him at their disposal to interrogate him, and perhaps offer a deal to shut up.

Secondly, they wanted to gage the extent of public opinion and support for both Assange himself and the greater Wikileaks organisation in general.

They certainly have taken the opportunity to try and cut a gag deal with him, and I'd say they definitely got an answer to reason number two.

Demos in Spain, 700,000 signature 'Release Assange' petition (300,000 in just one hour signed, myself included) Russia calling for his release and suggesting him for a Nobel peace prize, and so on and on.

Now they know the strength of feeling around the whole planet, they have granted bail.

Good job too.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
First of all, all this once again dosn't sum up... before they denied the first bail, there was people ready to give immeaditely 150K, now when 200k is needed they say its going to be long run to get 'em. Is J.A going to get money out of you all supporters and believers ?

link   
that's a respite for his supporters and people who believe that people supporting truth are being suppressed by the powerful entities. i always believe there is another side to a story that people aren't aware of but as far as i know, i also think he shouldn't have been arrested on such charges, if they can't build a case for espionage or leaking govt confidential documents (and even if it is justified as some might claim, then it should apply to the media as well as they are equally contributing to spreading the information since these cables are on non-wikileaks sites too). moreover, he's been receiving death threats too due to all this...

link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Seems there is a confusion in the courts that will be revealed to one and all 5:15pm UK time.

Seems to be something about the Swedish position on the case! some miss-information..

Yet another fup

Well, they are right back in the court and it is official, that the Swedes won't appeal.

No false info here so far.

(Despite that Xcathdra is back to present us his troll version of things...
)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

I if it true what the Russians are saying, I think you are right.

What are the Russians saying? There's so much going on right now I've been having a hard time keeping track of everything.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
the swedish are to apeal now. someone whants to make there mind up!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
OOOPS!

I quote AliBunkall's twitter for this twist again:

I just fell off my seat in court. Embarrassing

Swedish prosecutors challenge bail decision

This means they get 48 hours more...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Here is the ATS thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way, Sweden are appealing his Bail.

link   
Edit to delete comment
Just repeated what everyone else said.. how embarrassing..

but this situation smells, why on earth is Sweden appealing!

link   
Confusion over whether Swedish prosecutors will challenge bail for Julian Assange - statement expected within 10 minutes.....
bbc

If he's kept in jail.... I'm going down there tonight!! this is a bloody farce!

link   
Swedes have appealed agains the bail release. Assange will stay in gaol until the appeal is ruled on.

This whole thing stinks to high hell.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

It cracks me up that people will bitch about illegal actions of the US Government, yet justify ilegal actions in support of their own cause.

Never heard of 'If you can't beat them, join them'?

If an entire super-power government is blasé about flouting their own and international law, 'little people' fighting them on an equal footing is justified imo.

I used to quite respect your views, when i first started reading your posts...didn't always agree with them of course, but i did have respect for them...i don't any longer.

If you think anyone should go to jail for not wearing a condom during intercourse, or for having a condom malfunction even, you need your head looked at mate.

If you think highlighting illegality and treachery committed by those that then turn around and preach law and order to their citizens and the international community is a crime, again, you need to get a grip on reality.

You say you're a US police officer...do you believe a snitch should be sent to jail for coming to you and telling about a major fraud..or major drugs deal...or murder even. Would you request the snitch be sent to prison for reporting a crime?

It's the same thing WL is doing. Highlighting misdeeds and crimes is not a crime..it's a civic duty.

What's the latest campaign in the US...'See something, say something' isn't it? Well, Assange and WL saw something, and they are certainly saying something too!

You lot want to make your minds up, you either want people to report crimes or suspicions of crimes, or you don't!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DarrenBent

Ya not kidding Darren... how the hell can they get away with this crap! are the Swedish prosecutors going to win? lets hope the hell not!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarrenBent
Swedes have appealed agains the bail release. Assange will stay in gaol until the appeal is ruled on.

This whole thing stinks to high hell.

Iv just signed you on football manager 2011

And I agree this whole thing stinks, He is been kept in solitary and he isnt evan guilty of anything yet, plus the 200k bail is disgusting, iv never heard of an accused rapist getting bail that high before.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

Here is the ATS thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way, Sweden are appealing his Bail.

I already clicked on the "source" for the EU Times article. I posted it to that thread. It's Sorcha Faal. So...
What next?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The President of the European Commission gave an intriguing response, when asked about wikileaks. The EU Commission has described the revelations as "freedom of expression" and a procedure that "our democracies" have to live with. Wikileaks, in their eyes, is integral to a free society.

United States lawmakers can forget about Assange arriving on their soil - I doubt the EU or the European Court of Human Rights will let him be extradited.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join