It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 65
<< 62  63  64   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
How many times is someone going to ask this questions about Americans and their second ammendment.
first off, we were all born on a land never owned - which made everyone equal under the law and property and the right to possess it was law. all freemen were and still are Kings - Sovereigns what ever you want to call it - our land was protected by our law and the gun was the force behind the law. Townships sprang up and out of safety in numbers weapons were frowned upon as accidents did happen. and those laws moved west as the towns sprung up and those towns organized and local ordances were agreed and followed by the locals and most people in those days would stop by the constable and check in as a show of respect.
the bible talks of revelations, we know its the zodiac today but in 1770's is was the future and America was at first designed to fight this eternal fight against evil.... but over the years - it has become that evil it swore to protect the world from. we maintain our weapons as a last effort to save the world from this anti-christ entity.
and all along we thought we were fighting against Satan and now we learn we are the great Satan. crazy huh>
edit on 18-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Only a "subject" would ask such a question.

And as "citizens," we already know the answer.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
someone needs to rip up this thread

gun control debate is an exercise in futitlity both sides leave the thread the same way they come into it.

geez rip up the constitution how dare he!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
No nation has sacrificed more of their forces in defense of the indigenous people we have been deployed amongst or here at home..Most eastern countries regard this as a weakness.Might makes right is the law in many countries.
But for them I need to be able to fight as best as I can.
If my clan's homeland gets invaded you too will be glad of that choice

F.Scott McKown

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
They all scared because america is armed to the teeth. I think we should keep it that way. I'm on guns for americans. Pass the ammo, brother. I just put a scope on my new .22 riffle and shot at empty shotgun shells at about 70 yards away. I'm sure if i practiced more, i could get better at longer distances depending on bullet drop, windage, bullet rotation, rain or whatever else. I say we the people should stay protected. I feel safer if i have a gun and i'm sure my neighbor does too. The only person not feeling safe is the woodbee killer, thief, rapist, who invades ones home. The invaders are the ones who are scared. And they should be, looking down the barrel of a gun pointed at them. peace, brother american.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
we americans need to exercise our gun rights, RIGHT NOW! Our constitution is being raped and murdered as we speak, and before its dead and buried we need to GETCHA SOME

there's plenty out there to be had, they're everywhere violating your rights and freedoms daily. locknload and send some down range, let them taste the lead of our freedom
shoot them loudly and proudly

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
meh it's a free country .... oh never-mind.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I will tell you why I need a gun and I own one and have a permit to carry it. I am recently widowed. I live alone. There is a group of people nearby that have decided to just walk all over the property of others, and doing what what want. They walk across my yard, up close to my front door. Two showed up in my backyard while I was sunbathing. Two more showed up on my front porch and just decided to sit there. Yesterday I was backing from my garage and nearly hit a man who was standing immediately behind my car. I told him he needed to get off my property. He flipped me off.

I don't know these people or what their intentions are. I am looking to move out of here when I can afford to do so. If anyone of them decides to enter into my home, I will shoot them. Period.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm amazed this thread made it to 65 pages, the OP was clearly attempting to bait the pro-gun users and he apparently succeeded.....stop allowing this kind of thing to happen ATS.

we are supposed to be the informed, self educated ones and we still fall for it hook line and sinker.

if I start a thread entitled "personal freedom should be abolished" then I hope people would have the common sense to ignore it and thus a lesson would be learned but instead we rush at it like bulls at a matador.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

edit on 1-1-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It is really very simple. Withouth the Second Amendment, the others can be lost.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I got two hogs in my freezer that my son and I shot this weekend (if you are near Texas, try Dos Plumas ranch. Lousy lodge, great hunting, low price).

I bet those two hogs wish that my son and I didn't have guns.
Of course, if we didn't shoot them, they would over run the state and ruin valuable ranch and farm land. If you enjoy your beef and cotton, you should be VERY happy that we are shooting hogs as fast as we can down here in Texas.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreehouseIndustries
I'm amazed this thread made it to 65 pages, the OP was clearly attempting to bait the pro-gun users and he apparently succeeded.....stop allowing this kind of thing to happen ATS.

we are supposed to be the informed, self educated ones and we still fall for it hook line and sinker.

if I start a thread entitled "personal freedom should be abolished" then I hope people would have the common sense to ignore it and thus a lesson would be learned but instead we rush at it like bulls at a matador.

This 65 page dog has been sleeping since August till you woke it up again. Now maybe it will go to 70.
But hey, at least you give great advice!
Now, sleep doggy, sleeeeeeep.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

To me guns are inherently evil objects that have been designed to kill our fellow man and therefore are evil as is to use a gun to kill.

Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed;

Yeah, a gun would be the best option for self-defense.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
using your logic you should have no right to a penis, since 9 out of 10 rapes involve a penis.

if you don't like guns, don't buy one.. it's that simple.

if you dont want other citizens to own guns, then move to a country where they are illegal.

i hope you do move, i am ashamed to call you American. you are obviously a coward.(edit: i see you are not from America...whew! am i relieved or what)

if you think murderer's care if guns are outlawed, you are a moron and a coward.

if you think tyranny can never happen, you have lived a sheltered life and/or are under 16 years of age.

I could go on and on, but thats all the justification you'll get from me.
edit on 28-7-2012 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

this serves a purpose though. I knew the OP was trolling, but i don't care. It's important that the gun owners show solidarity. it's important that we stay passionate about our rights. Thomas Jefferson said tyranny is always just one generation away(paraphrased).

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64   >>

join