It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Because I want to. No other reason is needed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastyj
Guns are for the WEAK AND COWARDLY. The half of you who support the use of guns because some injustice happened to someone, that is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

The old woman should of had a gun to shoot the rapist with if he tried it? HOW ABOUT STOP THE FLIPPING RAPE HAPPENIN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

And you do that by havin a good education system, a good family upbringing and tuition to value life etc etc.

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A QUICK SOLUTION TO FIXA PROBLEM, you always have to start with a lotta effort.

Guns are for bullies, and yo can see that with Israel> palestine. US>afghanistan/iraq. WORLD>Iran. Thats just the present era, the guy above mentioned hitler,stalin and all the other A'HOLES behind their weapons getting power hungry with weapons etc.

Look at the flipping stats and the amount of guncrime and death occuring in america, absolutley ridiculous. The use of Guns is a DEGENERATE way of thinking. A backward way of thinking. Once you start feeling guns are good you always end up falling deeper into the dirt and developing bigger weapons, etc nuclear warheads, hiroshima/nagasaki.

And you say, ok look at how the american society is, you need a gun in america to defend yourself. TAKE SOME TIME TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND REALISE YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELVES, and society has degenerated because of these LAWS for gun usage.

Compare deaths by guncrime in america and the population in comparison to other countries. You guys are so far up your asses with this american dream, that you fali to se how the Government is killing your country. Now the same counry is rapig the DOllar dry, The middle class is gettin detsroed, and the 1% of america rich own like 25% of the wealth in the country.

If you wanna make some use of your guns, then get together and overthrow the government! and get rid of these A'HOLES for leaders, and their RIDICULOUS LAWS. Damn i cant believe how messed up ppls minds are... the most indoctrinated people in a culture that anywhere on earth. Absolute insanity.

Sometimes you have to use the bullies own weapon against him to even win, your logic is not sound. I would rather kill someone trying to kill my family then have the attitude you have and think "Oh will i'd rather have my family and I killed by these people because guns are for pussy's" How sound is that when your dead?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
Ask yourself that if somebody tries to break into your house. In Kennesaw, Georgia, it's mandatory for the head of each household to own a gun. Source
Since that law has been in effect, crime has dropped. I wonder why....

Here is testimony from someone who's parents were killed by a gun man. Is she angry at the guns? No. Is she angry at the gunman? No. She's angry about the gun laws. If she was able to carry a gun, it may have made a difference.

I'm with you on this one. DC is still fighing the Gun Rights issues. Washingtonians (DC) now have the right, but provisions make it so we still cannot access. Ever since the law changed, the crime rate has dropped considerably.
Simple logic:
Don't own a gun because the law says so? The criminals set up shop in your town.
You know what? I think organized crime needs to visit Kevin's town.
edit on 14-12-2010 by DaWhiz because: Change DC to Washingtonians

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I agree, all your points seriously I do. But I still think the solution (guns) is part of the problem. It's a self perpetuating nightmare that increases generation upon generation.

In fact, I'm happy you have guns because I'm one of those crazies that DOES think the government is out to get us LOL!

In a perfect world, all the guns in the US (legal and illegal) would be taken in and destroyed, then legally, by the book the public would be given two guns each, documented and registered, and every year you'd have to present them to the police to make sure they were still in your possession. When someone dies they get either passed on to a relative or relinquished to the government (non evil out to get you in this hypothetical example of course). Of course guns would still make it onto the street and also be smuggled in, so you'd be back where you started so there's no point I guess.

I don't think there will ever be an America without guns.

Probably a good thing.

But I still contend that a world where we don't need or require guns, is definitely preferable to a world with. There is no cure for the nature of evil men, so this will never happen, but still, IMO that's the goal.

Take care bud, don't shoot my butt by mistake|!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

I live with the problem of organized crime daily. The quarterback of my oldest daughters old high school just got busted for an armed robbery... nice. Our prosecutor allowed him to go to homecoming. They criminals are more than emboldened here. I home school these days! Crime in certain areas is incredible.. and we really would be at the mercy of the criminal element if we werent armed. I dont wish it on anyone.. my children cant even have a normal childhood here and I hate we had to move here. I DO wish those who live in these little bubbles were open minded enough to look at the bigger picture before making statements like the OP and others have.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Kevinunknown you've successfully moved to the only person that I have on my "Deny Ignorance" list. I just wish that they had some form of medication for your type of ailment. But... unfortunately they don't.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by kiwifoot

Increasing guns leads to increased deaths. Yes. That's true, though it doesn't increase violence.. many gun-controlled countries are far more violent (Scotland usually has one of the worlds highest levels of violence for instance, and the UK as a whole some of the highest knife related attacks)...

Haha you CANNOT compare the deaths caused by gun crime in america to ANY CRIME in any place of the world. Look at China, they have 1/5 world population and they dont have half the criminal deaths in america, ad probably minute in comparison to deaths relate to gun crime.

Most of the deaths.. the vast majority of them, in the United States through guns is actually Criminal on Criminal crime. One gang shoots another.

Yeah maybe, but even the proportion of crime robberies etc that happen to civilians is RIDICULOUSLY low comapred to any other country.

We don't care.

This is why society is a f'kin MESS in your country, and the wars your government wages.

The more they shoot themselves, the happier we are as a society.

Absolutely no love or value for human lives, incredibly ridiculous. You call yourself a mason...oh no wonder..

Every once in a while, and it's incredibly rare given that we have 300m+ people and more guns than the entire world combined together.. some nutbag goes on a shooting rampage.

He couldnt do this if he didnt have guns. smh.

And every once in a while when a nutbag goes on a shooting rampage, another gun carrying civilian shoots that idiot and saves many lives.

Wouldnt need to do this if guns were prevented in the first place, even for the civilian killing this guy to take his life, you think he wanted to kill someone in the first place? Its no fair to put someone in a position for them to commit such an act that might scar his mental health for the rest of his life, despite him killing an evil person or not. He is not trained to be a cold hearted killer, so it WILL effect him.

Most gun crime in the US is through black market guns.. if we made guns illegal, guns would still end up in the streets... only us good guys, we wouldn't have any. It's like making drugs illegal... outlaw coke, meth, etc.. does it do anything? Hell no. Just makes it more expensive.

looool, your country is in such a recession that if it was more expensive, than LESS PPL would have GUNS> LESS DEATHS. LIKE YOU SAID you ahve the biggest stockpile of guns, if they were all destroyed, GUN CRIME will be REDUCED 100fold.

Why is it a God Given Right? Because no one, including the Government, should have more power over life and death than myself. If my Government wants to attack her people, they will have millions of armed, angry, us military trained vets, enthusiast, sportsmen, marksmen etc to deal with.

Then why dont you go out and overthrow your EVIL GOVERNMENT and then get rid of guns altogether, then you wouldnt need them in the first place. Absolutely ridiculous.

They wouldn't stand a chance.

Yeah your bravery lies in the magazine of your gun, not a place we call TESTICLES. Your attitude is ridiculous.

Now the biggest counter argument is "The governments not out to get you" ... pick up a history book. They are out to get you. Eventually they will. Or try. Likely to happen in my life time? I doubt it.. but who knows, in my great grand children's time? Why should I, now, because I'm a coward, vote to reduce gun rights and sacrifice giving my descendants a fighting chance against a government, and invasion, or god forbid an armed attack by a criminal?

Well then, finally a statement that has some thinking behind it, yeah the government is out to get you, THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Your government passed on this bill to allow rights to own a gun. Go tear that bill up, protest, fight the power. Instead you go out and Buy a gun. SMFH. that is EXACTLY what they want you to do, why reduce yourself to become such a slave. Absolutely ridiculous. You think yo have all this american freedom, yet the elite who run your country rely on you to not use your GOD GIVEN BRAIN to oppose their evil ideals. Absolutely double standad and hypocritical.

Insanity i swear, go watch Michael Jacksons MAN IN THE MIRROR until YOU CHANGE YOUR WAYS.

Think of it as ... an insurance policy. Most of us don't need our guns now.. we may not need them next year, or our entire life.. we may never be burglarized, kidnapped, shot at, hunted down as a political prisoner etc.. but just in case.. we are ready, always. You might be safe now, you might give up your guns now.. but when men break into your home, attack you, rape and murder your family, steal your possessions, assault you, shoot you, whatever.. you will certainly wish the moment you heard them breaking in you had a gun by your side. If not at the very least, go down fighting. They may be taking the masculinity out of our people, neutralizing us.. but a man still has the right to defend his property and family regardless of the cost. God have mercy on our souls if we ever put our lives undefended in the hands of American politicians..
edit on 14-12-2010 by nastyj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I will answer this simply, guns are tools. That's it, guns do not kill anybody without the intentional actions of the person holding the firearm. You gonna outlaw cars, screwdrivers, or bare hands? All of these kill people too. The only thing gun laws do is restrict the ability of law abiding citizens to get guns, not the criminals who use the guns to kill people.

You might feel different if you were in a situation where a gun would save your life or the lives of the people you love.

So for the last time, guns are inanimate objects no different then a rock, they can do nothing without a human user, or in your case an old wrinkly monkey in a suit.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

edit on 12/14/10 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Because we have the right to defend ourselves and our families?

The whole argument against the right to bare arms is idiotic at best.

Drugs are illegal yet can be obtained on just about any street corner in the US, you think outlawing guns would be any different? than you're just naive.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

What's ironic about it? I dont poke my nose into the business of Scotland. I couldnt care less what they do.

My business is my own and your business is your own.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Sometimes you have to use the bullies own weapon against him to even win, your logic is not sound. I would rather kill someone trying to kill my family then have the attitude you have and think "Oh will i'd rather have my family and I killed by these people because guns are for pussy's" How sound is that when your dead?

Absolutely ridiculous. GO OUT AN LIVE BY YOUR STATEMENT YOU JUST MADE NOW. Go arm ALL of Palestine, and afghanistan and Iraq. Tell me what would happen? let me tell you:

ENDLESS KILLING. And then you would have to send YOUR FAMILIES to war to protect, your RIDICULOUS goervernment.

At the end of the day. It is all about being a pussy or not. And of course because of how much a pussy you are, you would sell your ideals and liberties, in order for control. And i dont know if you are religious or not mate, but its obvious which path you would be going to protect..

Unbelievably ridiculous, question my logic loool, you need to wake up mate. You government has dumbed you dwn.

Well then if you ahve to beat the bully with their own weapons, you must believe in an 'eye for an eye' approach right? Then how about a BIGGER country go invade YOUR country? and kill all your families and civilians, because that is what america the bully is doing to the weak. Balless cowards cannot fight fair...
edit on 14-12-2010 by nastyj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thanks Advantage for sharing so personal a story. However, people like the OP have never had the need to really ask themselves these important questions - until now.
Look at the unrest going on overseas now. The UK and Greek protesters are about to walk right into 1959 Civil Rights Movement tactics and they will be totally defenseless. They haven't had their governments turn on them before now, and soon, people like Kevinunknown will be screaming "how do I get a gun?"
It is unfortunate that they will find out the hard way, but that's what soft behinds are for, as my dad use to say.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This guy has to be one of the least smart people I have met lol.. trying to be nice here.. I did a small google on UK+gun crime and a few variations of the words.. and what I saw and read about was that no only were there still massive shootings but gun control was still needed in your goberments thoughts. next time before you say that the uk doesn't have guns and every one is safe except from knifes maybe you should check out your own news lol..

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

and to you saying that you guys in the uk don't have massive shootings any more.. wow were they hell do you live under a rock?

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

this is just what I could find in five min.. you are so ill advised of your own country its sad.. your a sheep and towing your goberment B.S if you think that your safe from guns.. now that your goberment has disarmed you, the only people left are bad guys.. I hope you live a long life and never have to deal with the ever increasing gun crimes in the UK lol..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

It saddens me to admit that I agree with you on several levels. As an American I realize WE are to blame for the sorry state of our educational system as well as the politicians which we continue to elect to their various offices.

However, what you do not seem to have the capacity to understand is the idea of the shear joy which our freedoms bring into our dailey lives. It is much like trying to discribe a banana to a blind man. Almost all the words you would be accustom to using are suddenly useless. If you have never experienced freedom, it is very hard to understand it.

My family has been on this land since before the United States were formed. Many of my fore fathers have served her and died for the concepts for which she stands. I will not try to tell you that we have the best country in the world, but it beats the hell out of any other I can find.

At the same time I must dissagree with those who would say we Americans have a God given right to those things within our Constitution. No we were not given the right to freedom of speech, nor the right to a free press, nor the right to bear arms.

OH NO ! WE took these rights and intend to keep and guard them from anyone who would try to take them away and oppress us. Be they foreign or domestic.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

There are 4 main types of gun crime the us.

The largest is criminal on criminal crime, mostly gang or drug related. Imo, this is a good thing.

The second largest is crime of passion.. man catches wife sleeping with his friend and in a fit of rage shoots them. Its been proven that taking guns away does not stop these crimes, but do make them more fatal more frequently.. its the worst side of fire arms, and there is more we can do than simply take all guns from all people away. Violence happens, we will never stop that.

The next is criminal on victim.. it doesn't happen often, most crimes with guns are simply that, a crime with a gun .. doesn't mean someone was killed.

The next is random shots, or a gunman rampaging through a mall .. very rare. Its seemingly an american trend, but the issue goes so much deeper than guns.

All crime goes deeper than just guns. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Even if they were to outlaw guns tomorrow and collect em all up, guess what? criminals and others alike would get them the same way people get illegal drugs now, the black market, teh underworld or whatever youw ant to call it. At least now a homeowner can keep a shotgun or pistol or whatever he wants in his house in case of a burglary. Now imagine the same burglary when the assailant knows for a fact that the homeowner is unarmed makes it alot easier for the criminal. At least now that same assailant has to second guess and/or take the chance that he may be shot in killed by the homeowner.

You personally may not like guns but alot of people do and are extremely responsible with their use and storage. The reason guns look so bad is because the only time you ever hear about them is when they were involved in a crime, and in my opinion that is a very small fraction. I would say at least 40-50% of people in my town own weapons and we never have an issue.

Your arguement (the OP) i'm sure is with the best of intentions but you cant just disarm and further weaken teh general populace more than they already have been in this country the past 10 years. No other time in our history since the times of the country's founding is the 2nd ammendment more revelant than today, everyday rights are stripped and police and government get more powerful and more rich. in the economic game we are outgunned and defenseless to them but i'll be god D*mned if i'll be rendered defenseless to their intrusion into my life and on my rights as not only an american but a human being.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I saw a bumper sticker the other day while surfing online, it said -

"Blaming guns for people being killed is like blaming spoons for people being fat"

The point is, a gun without a willing shooter is nothing but an expensive paper weight. And if someone wants to kill you badly enough, gun or not he will find something to carry out the job.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastyj
Guns are for the WEAK AND COWARDLY. The half of you who support the use of guns because some injustice happened to someone, that is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

The old woman should of had a gun to shoot the rapist with if he tried it? HOW ABOUT STOP THE FLIPPING RAPE HAPPENIN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Ok, how? How is an 80 yr old woman to stop a 250lb man with a knife?
WITH A GUN.
It's the equalizer.
As you said for the weak, to overpower their attacker.
Your statements are the ones that are "ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS"

And who's going to stop the rape 'happening in the first place'? What are you talking about?
A magic peace elf?

Geez,
I look at it this way, the law states that EVERYONE may bear arms.
I think: everyone IS carrying AT ALL TIMES.
With how crazy and immoral our society is you'd be a fool to be walking around unarmed in the US.

Excuse me while I go clean my BEAR ARMS!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

But women who want to protect themselves from vicious rapists are "weak and cowardly"....or did you not read his previous post?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join