It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I saw as a kid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Now you can take my word on what Im about to say or label me a complete nut, honestly I dont care. Im creating this topic to see if anyone else has had anything similar happen to them because its always bothered me.

This happend to me on 2 seperate occasions the first being about 12 years ago when I was around the age of 10. I was walking down an alley, one that I usually would take on my way over to a friends house.. and it was the middle of the day. As I made it about halfway down the alley I turned around (for whatever reason) and I saw a doberman pinscher just sitting there right where I just walked past. The dog didnt make a noise it just sat there. The sight of the dog didnt really scare me because I was used to being around dogs but within a few seconds the dog started to run towards me. No barking no noise it just charged me. I ran for about 3-5 seconds (couldnt have been any longer) into my buddies fenced yard and turned around to shut the gate. The dog was gone. This dog literally ran right towards me and within 3-5 seconds it was just gone.

Now the above story could possibly be explained by the dog just ran a different direction? But dont dogs usually bark when theyre chasing someone? A kid with an overactive imagination? I never really took it serious but I still remember it vividly.

The second occasion is what really bothers me. I was about 16 at the time so it was only about 6 years ago. It was dark and I was walking home from a friends house. Might have been 9pm? Now I lived in an apartment complex and there was a hill leading up to it on the right side of the sidewalk. Out of literally no where I see 2 figures running down the hill. They seemed to be chasing each other but it couldnt have been more than 10 yards infront of me. Human figures but they were large running on all fours ....down a grassy hill. Not falling or rolling mind you, they were running. Well screw that I turned around and just walked the other way...

Now I know what I saw. If it didnt mean that much to me I wouldnt still remember it. Both times something happend and I cant explain it. I havent seen anything like either event since, but who knows when that damn dog will come back? No seriously... someone explain this to me already.

edit:
not exactly sure where to put this theres not really an "insane" forum to place it. mods feel free to move it to wherever you see fit.
edit on 14-12-2010 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Can you go into anymore detail on the humanoids running down the hill? I heard that the doberman were bred by the nazis. Maybe some tactical ninja warhound, doesn't bark and dives into the bushes before you turn around.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DayKnightmare
Can you go into anymore detail on the humanoids running down the hill? I heard that the doberman were bred by the nazis. Maybe some tactical ninja warhound, doesn't bark and dives into the bushes before you turn around.

They were large (about the size of a full grown adult male) but like I said they were running on all fours down the hill chasing each other. It didnt look like a bear or any other animal that I know of and I lived in the city. The only thing that even remotely looks like what I saw would be a werewolf. Seriously. When I first saw it I thought 2 really big dogs but its impossible for a dog to be that big. I highly doubt even a regular wolf would be that big let alone 2 of them.. and what would they be doing in the city? No noise just running down the hill. No growling or barking or anything that would indicate what I saw was an animal.

At the time my dad worked early mornings and a few months later he said something chased him to his car in the early morning. Said it was a very large dog. As for the doberman I dont know. I actually like the breed but to see something vanish I dont know. That dog was running right towards me theres no way he just turns left or something.

edit:
Id also like to add that I had to eventually turn back and continue walking up that hill. It was the only way back to my apartment. It was only about 10-15 minutes later and they were gone. No sign of them.
edit on 14-12-2010 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Most dogs bark as a warning.
If they are attacking, they don't bark.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Very interesting stories AndrewJay, it sounds to me like you may have been in an alternative dimension or universe for a short time, if the fail is truly falling away as some say you may see more of this type thing.

I don't think you're nuts, I have had some strange experiences throughout my life.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

it sounds to me like you may have been in an alternative dimension or universe for a short time,

Agreed. I have had past experiences where there has been no reasonable explanition. One night my girlfriend and i watched the moon rapidly set, over a course of about four minutes. I looked it up online and there was nothing, it sounds crazy but i know what i saw, you know what you saw. Thats all that matters.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Have had 3 dogs in the past a Standard Poodle a Red Queensland Heeler and a smooth Coat Jack Russel Terror.

All of them great dogs who loved to chase "Prey" none of them ever barked and mostly growled while pursuing what ever it was. A friend had 2 Dobermans over the years and I never heard either of them bark ever.

Currently I have a young Male Basenji [ probably more hard headed than my Jack was if thats possible ] he makes less noise than our Cat does and has never barked like other dogs
which is normal for the breed.

Though I have never seen odd animals etc I know how you feel, a few years ago while watching TV my Jack Russel started staring at something next to me and when I looked there was a black translucent swirling puff of I dont know what about 3 feet to my right and a few feet behind.

It was a bit unnerving and lasted probably 20 seconds then just sort of vanished, of course no one believes it but for me the dog was clarification that it really did happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Reminds me of the grey wolf I saw trotting down my street very early on my way to work. Strange sight at 4am, wolf didn't care what I was doing, didn't bother him. Not impossible to be found there but highly unusual. Some people were telling me it was more animal-host-brother-Indian sort of thing. Maybe, looked like a wolf to me, tall, grey, thin as a rail, just cruising the street.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Reminds me of the grey wolf I saw trotting down my street very early on my way to work. Strange sight at 4am, wolf didn't care what I was doing, didn't bother him. Not impossible to be found there but highly unusual. Some people were telling me it was more animal-host-brother-Indian sort of thing. Maybe, looked like a wolf to me, tall, grey, thin as a rail, just cruising the street.

You know I was only about 10 yards away and when those 2 ...animals were running down that hill they really didnt even seem to care that I was there. Thats probably why I was able to slowly back away and just walk the other direction.

Is it really that farfetched to think that werewolves could actually exist? I mean there have been stories about them throughout human history. Im just saying what I saw and I cant compare it to anything else. Right now Im just chalking it up to an overactive imagination, but I know for damn sure they werent normal animals. The doberman, yes it was a doberman, but not those 2 running down the hill.
edit on 15-12-2010 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I dont know if i would say Werewolves necessarly.. i mean it sure as hell might be but there are times when the human concious can 'tune in' to alternate realities.. Reality as you percieve is now is quite relative, it has been speculated that paranoid schitzophrenics are just in tune with an alternate reality, parallel to our own. Their body lays here while the mind wanders else where. You may have experienced something of this manner.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If the dog was inside you imagination, then it will always be behind you. If you turn around and look at it, then it will still be behind you, and thus, you still won't be able to see it.

new topics

top topics

join