It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Anomaly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I found this on another conspiracy site but no explanation or theory could I find as to what the object just to the right of the crater that is sort of in the middle is, any ideas?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
looks like an astronaut is walking

where dos it come from? infos?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It looks like it has a trail leading up to it...

I wonder how large it is.

Pretty difficult to even venture a guess as to what it is, exactly.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
looks like an astronaut to me... is that the correct aspect ratio/scale we should see a human verses moon in?

If so, very neat... clearly tracks to the location where the shadow is being cast... and the object clearly isn't a rock or moon-dust.

Very cool find my friend

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

I've got no info unfortunately, it was posted on another site with many other moon images, but this image had no discussion about it. I'm not sure myself.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

Funny thing about gravity and rocks rolling down hill and leaving a trail in the dust. Makes cool looking patterns because rocks refuse to be round.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well that's what NASA says...

It's a Lunar Orbiter 5 image and it's caption is ;

Downslope boulder trail and boulder on the Moon
Target Object: The Moon
Mission: Lunar Orbiter 5

More Info

A boulder hey? Hmmm.....
edit on 14-12-2010 by _Highlander_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It's very tough to estimate the size of the object but by analyzing the surroundings shapes & size and imagining the same distance taken on earth to have the same "crater" to be visible or identifiable at a "distance" may means the "object" in question may be pretty huge in size to be able to be seen captured in photo taken at that distance.

My speculation on what this item can be a "artifact" left behind by the last moon visit...but I am not sure...anyone have better knowledge do share!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Highlander_

Well that's what NASA says...

It's a Lunar Orbiter 5 image and it's caption is ;

Downslope boulder trail and boulder on the Moon
Target Object: The Moon
Mission: Lunar Orbiter 5

A boulder hey? Hmmm.....

A huge & white boulder that roll downs hill in moon's gravity hmm maybe possible but it's hard to prove or disprove it unless they can have the exact weight of the boulder in question & replicate the moon's gravity and test out if it can be done...Mythbuster anyone?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
According to ---> link

Lunar Orbiter 5 image of a boulder (just right of center) which has rolled and slid down a slope and left a trail on the Moon's surface. This is within the crater Vitello, and demonstrates the small role that such processes, called gravity wasting, have on the lunar surface. The main source of surface modification on the Moon is meteorite and micrometeorite bombardment. North is up. (Lunar Orbiter 5, frame 168-H2)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

Looks like a communication mast to me ???

The alleged marks leading up, could possibly be the shadow it's causing,

Great find, well done,,,

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
If you follow the trail left by the object in question, it appears to have a slight curve to the right (in relation to the picture). It just seems a little bit of an odd course for a rock to have taken, IMO.

Zorgon may like this one.

edit on 14/12/2010 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

No.....Not having that.
Doesn`t just go downhill.
Looks to me like it first runs into a little gulley or hollow then back up.
That track is not all downhill and i don`t care what NASA says.
As to what it is.......haven`t got a clue !!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Here a thought,

How about an object "asteroid" that came in at a very sharp angle and skipped along the surface like a stone on a pond. That was the first image I saw before reading anything posted. It is a long trail, so that would account for it. The object maybe a lighter rock like coral and didn't make a normal crater.

just my .02

SirRic

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
First of all, it can't be an astronaut walking. The BEST resolution of the Lunar Orbiter 5 camera was 2 meters/pixel, and the object in the image is several pixels across, meaning that is too large to be a person.

The "boulder that has rolled" explanation seems pretty likely.

Originally posted by lambros56

No.....Not having that.

We don't see enough of the context of the surrounding land to be able to know what the general slope is.
Everything we see in that image may be on a overall general slope (even the hills and gullies).

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
How do those of you suggesting the "Rolling Rock" theory explain the very long shadow indicative of a very tall object?

2nd

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56

No.....Not having that.

Although a rock would weigh less on the moon than on the earth it still has the same mass and hence the same inertia; that means once it started moving it would want to continue doing so thus could easily begin travelling up a slope - think of a skateboarder in a half-pipe.

What is more the lower gravity on the moon would mean the rock would likely travel much further up the slope than it would up a similar slope on Earth. Also the fact the rock is moving through a near vacuum would also help it to travel further as there is no air resistance to slow it down.
edit on 15/12/2010 by MarrsAttax because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/12/2010 by MarrsAttax because: spelling

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Shadows grow or shorten according to the time of day and the position of the sun in the sky.

I have a long shadow in the evening but it doesn't mean I'm a giant

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
How do those of you suggesting the "Rolling Rock" theory explain the very long shadow indicative of a very tall object?

2nd

Because of a very low Sun.

There are other long shadows at the upper right of the image. Granted, those shadows are shorter in length, but that may only be because the rocks making them are smaller than the one in question. The effect is still the same -- a relatively short object can make a long shadow if the Sun is at a low angle.

Another indication of the Sun being at a low angle is the craters. The sunshine is not reaching the bottom of the craters, but rather is only shining on the rim of the craters.

The bottom line is that a boulder can in fact cast a long shadow like that.

edit on 12/15/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join