It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
reply to post by BroadMinded

You're wasting your time in this thread mate, there's no reasoning or anything in here. Like their idol they bay for blood and fight incredibly violently for 'peace' and 'freedom'. I merely tried to point out there always two sides to the story earlier and I'm suddenly all manner of things. I made an even bigger mistake when I started to show their idol isn't just some innocent bystander looking for peace and actively seeks conflict to promote his cause. That's what you get when you try and have a discussion with a group of people with a combined IQ less than half of yours and you happen to say something that doesn't tow the party line.
If these people are the alternative to the scum in charge I'll stick with the current scum thanks.
edit on 15-12-2010 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

You haven't tried anything. You've popped in and out when it suits, firing off character attacks at everyone and anyone.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Even if he had done something prior to being dragged out of his wheel chair, that something whatever it was did not break any laws because if it had been we could infer that he would have been arrested and thus him being brutalized in the manner that he was, was un called for so your argument is pointless.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Appreciate the comment mate, cheers. Can spot these types a mile off eh, was totally expecting some rubbish comebacks. Honestly, most of the comments and views expressed here are just so OTT I can't be bothered to comment further.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BroadMinded

Appreciate the comment mate, cheers. Can spot these types a mile off eh, was totally expecting some rubbish comebacks. Honestly, most of the comments and views expressed here are just so OTT I can't be bothered to comment further.

Objective facts. Jody McIntyre is disabled, has cerabel palsy and was assaulted by the police. Opinion. Jody McIntyre is left-wing, cites himself as a revolutionary and was probably 'asking for it'.

You see who the facts support? The x button is on your top right.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

You're wasting your time in this thread mate, there's no reasoning or anything in here. Like their idol they bay for blood and fight incredibly violently for 'peace' and 'freedom'. I merely tried to point out there always two sides to the story earlier and I'm suddenly all manner of things. I made an even bigger mistake when I started to show their idol isn't just some innocent bystander looking for peace and actively seeks conflict to promote his cause. That's what you get when you try and have a discussion with a group of people with a combined IQ less than half of yours and you happen to say something that doesn't tow the party line.
If these people are the alternative to the scum in charge I'll stick with the current scum thanks.

You haven't tried anything. You've popped in and out when it suits, firing off character attacks at everyone and anyone.

Well I personally agree with everything AgentSmith said - couldn't have put better myself in fact. What is with these hardcore, activist views.

He "popped in and out when it suits"? - I'm sure he has better things to be doing with his time, unlike some.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Objective facts. Jody McIntyre is disabled, has cerabel palsy and was assaulted by the police. Opinion. Jody McIntyre is left-wing, cites himself as a revolutionary and was probably 'asking for it'.

You see who the facts support? The x button is on your top right.

Bore off.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Well I personally agree with everything AgentSmith said - couldn't have put better myself in fact. What is with these hardcore, activist views.

He "popped in and out when it suits"? - I'm sure he has better things to be doing with his time, unlike some.

You must see the flaws in your argument though, whether you hate his views and position or not. Somebodies views or political activism do not justify physical assault.

You're suggesting because he's a 'hardcore activist', he was somehow asking to be assaulted. This isn't Saudi Arabia mate lmao

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Honestly, most of the comments and views expressed here are just so OTT I can't be bothered to comment further.

Including yours I guess.

I thought you were refraining from commenting further....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thiaoouba Prophecy

Even if he had done something prior to being dragged out of his wheel chair, that something whatever it was did not break any laws because if it had been we could infer that he would have been arrested and thus him being brutalized in the manner that he was, was un called for so your argument is pointless.

Brutalised in what manner? Dragged to safety? Hardly the definition of 'brutal'.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Hey my friend.... at the end of the day, these people actually think what the police did was either right or justified, and we're trying to show them/ reason with them as to how It's not.

What does that say....?

It's insanity, that someone needs to be coerced/debated or whatever, into somehow seeing it from our perspective.

What's the point?

Let them think that this defenceless, disabled man somehow deserved to be physically assaulted.

Something about assholes and opinions springs to mind.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Brutalised in what manner? Dragged to safety? Hardly the definition of 'brutal'.

Clearly one of the Police Officers in the video disagreed with you. You ignored my point earlier. Watch the end of the incident, you can clearly see one Police Officer forcefully dragging the perpetrating police officer away from Jody.

So it's not just leftists and anarchists who think the officer was in the wrong. Clearly, his fellow officer felt the same way.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Honestly, most of the comments and views expressed here are just so OTT I can't be bothered to comment further.

Including yours I guess.

I thought you were refraining from commenting further....

I thought I'd amuse myself further. I find it interesting, to say the least, how people's views can differ so widely.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by NadaCambia

Hey my friend.... at the end of the day, these people actually think what the police did was either right or justified, and we're trying to show them/ reason with them as to how It's not.

What does that say....?

It's insanity, that someone needs to be coerced/debated or whatever, into somehow seeing it from our perspective.

What's the point?

Let them think that this defenceless, disabled man somehow deserved to be physically assaulted.

Something about assholes and opinions springs to mind.

I'm an argumentative bugger but you're right. Those without humanity or apathy just cannot be reasoned with. It really isn't something you can teach or educate

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Right so when the activists go in there masked and tooled up, that's OK yeah because the police are asking to be assaulted? Is that what you're saying?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Clearly one of the Police Officers in the video disagreed with you. You ignored my point earlier. Watch the end of the incident, you can clearly see one Police Officer forcefully dragging the perpetrating police officer away from Jody.

So it's not just leftists and anarchists who think the officer was in the wrong. Clearly, his fellow officer felt the same way.

I'd imagine the other police officer who dragged his colleague away, could see the growing discord amongst onlookers (shouting in the video) and thought it wise to diffuse a potentially explosive situation.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
And can someone please show me my quote where I say he deserved what he got? Have a good look because I clearly stated:

I don't think the police should have acted like they did, but I'm not sure why people have this attitude that because he's in a wheelchair he can't possibly have done anything wrong?? Kind of discriminatory don't you think...
Seeing as he loves media attention though, it seems awfully convenient that whatever happened the police decided to pull him out of his wheelchair and someone happened to be there to film it. Should help with his short films and public speeches anyway..
Just to clarify again, before some dick accuses me of thinking there isn't a problem with the police or somehow it was acceptable, I'm not saying that the police were right - I'm just pointing out that the boy wonder might not be so perfect himself.

I think the blokes a bit of an attention seeker and I believe he wanted something like this to happen in order to get the publicity. BUT I still don't think they should have manhandled him nor did I say it was justified.. You're the ones say I did.. Perhaps you should learn to read?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

And can someone please show me my quote where I say he deserved what he got? Have a good look because I clearly stated:

I don't think the police should have acted like they did, but I'm not sure why people have this attitude that because he's in a wheelchair he can't possibly have done anything wrong?? Kind of discriminatory don't you think...
Seeing as he loves media attention though, it seems awfully convenient that whatever happened the police decided to pull him out of his wheelchair and someone happened to be there to film it. Should help with his short films and public speeches anyway..
Just to clarify again, before some dick accuses me of thinking there isn't a problem with the police or somehow it was acceptable, I'm not saying that the police were right - I'm just pointing out that the boy wonder might not be so perfect himself.

I think the blokes a bit of an attention seeker and I believe he wanted something like this to happen in order to get the publicity. BUT I still don't think they should have manhandled him nor did I say it was justified.. You're the ones say I did.. Perhaps you should learn to read?

I agree with what you're saying and elsewhere lots of other's do too. Don't worry, they're on one...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The fact that Jody McIntyre is an active campaigner simply puts the rest of us to shame.

In no way does it mean that he was asking to be dragged from his wheelchair. That's a ridiculous logic. A shameful one in fact.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I've noticed several different photos of Jody on this thread. While we all slept, in the so called 'good times' they put cameras on nigh on every street in this country. Demonstrate (violently) and the authorities will come knocking on your door within a few days. We allowed them to put up these cameras with the naive assumption that 'government is always good'. History proves that assumption wrong.

We have cameras that shout at us - we were told that was to stop people littering - and we accepted that.

The infrastructure has been put in place to stop every dissenter - and we let it happen.

Violence is also a naive response and it is extremely important that the older generation teach the younger generation how to change things more tactically.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
tbf, i saw an interview with him on bbc breakfast on monday.

they tried to be impartial, and gave him every chance to speak and explain.

what did he do?

he used the whole interview to change the subject and deliver his own political agenda.

thinks he's some freedom fighter or something.

gimme a break.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join