It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Good call! I have now posted my official complaint to the BBC (and asked for a reply!).

Such an Orwellian disgrace!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Do you mind if i ask the source of these statements, please?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

those pictures do not look right, the women is holding his arm, but the same arm goes across his body to hold his coat on the opposite side. why does he have 3 arms?

the first picture his arm(in the air) looks weird. looks like his hand is on backwards. anyone else seeing this?

edit on 15-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I don't think the pics are doctored. In the second pic both those hands are the old lady's, holding Jody; in the first pic i'd say the distortion of his arm is a combination of movement-blur and his cerebral palsy.

This last fact only goes to highlight how unnecessary it was to man-handle the kid. If they wanted to move him to safety the two policemen could of picked up and shifted him in the wheelchair.

Also, the fact that an old lady can restrain Jody underlines the overreaction of the police.

Like i said, i'd like to know the source of the very pro-police statements that accompany the photos form AGENT SMITH
edit on 15-12-2010 by McGinty because: typos (doh)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

you could be right, i just do not put it past them to do it, to get themselves out of trouble, and your right about everything else you said.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

Indeed.

Here's an alternative narrative to go with the last couple of images:

Police refused to support Mr McIntyre as he tried desperately to regain his balance and return to his wheelchair. As he was about to fall over, a female passer-by kindly stepped in to offer physical support, concerned as she was at the inaction of the police officer.

Pictures mean nothing when the narrative has a blatant agenda. There is no other source for these 'pro-police' statements, so they should be discounted from the consideration until better information and balanced, verifiable reports are available.

If you saw the other interview video at the start, you'll have seen that Mr McIntyre struggles to control his motor coordination (eg moving his arms and legs, face and head properly etc)

The pictures could just as well show him struggling to balance, as being 'ready to strike the officer'. Please. He's not naiive about how they might try to spin things - there's next to zero chance he would've wasted his energy in trying to strike the officer (who is standing looking like he's chatting, not ready to defend a blow).

For that matter, how do we know whether the police officer pictured didn't come over to offer a friendly word, like 'sorry about that other officer - he can be a bit of a &%$£ at times.'

AGENT SMITH - you posted your comments in a way which made them look like we were to take the report as a serious journalistic piece, when it was in fact, essentially, a blog. The person behind the blog could have any sort of agenda against Jody McIntyre, or indeed (tinfoil hat in place) be part of a CointelPro operation. See the first part of this comment for an alternate narrative to the pics you posted and consider whether you should have added a disclaimer to your post regarding the legitimacy of your source...?

edit on 15-12-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: added a note for Agent Smith's attention (when he gets home from work of course). No need to be rude!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Welcome to your friendly State television. This is really worth watching. It's an absolute disgrace of an interview. That people can claim the BBC is left wing is beyond me
edit on 14-12-2010 by NadaCambia because: Edit: Added raw footage

This guy is terrific!

he was also interviewed on the breakfast show.

The BBC should be ashamed.

thanks for posting

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
Like i said, i'd like to know the source of the very pro-police statements that accompany the photos form AGENT SMITH
edit on 15-12-2010 by McGinty because: typos (doh)

Sorry I can't answer your questions on demand, what with having a job and all I don't get to spend all my time on here.

www.demotix.com...

The link was posted in my original post, so if you clicked on it you would have seen. Looks like an independant guy I guess.

Again, as I said before, I was only pointing out no-one knows the exact story of what happened. But I can keep digging if you like.

He seems quite capable when he feels like it though, by even his own account. He loves being up the front stirring it all up.

It was an epic mission to the top. Nine floors; eighteen flights of stairs. Two friends carried my wheelchair, and I walked.
jodymcintyre.wordpress.com...

edit on 15-12-2010 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigma91
Are the first several posters really THAT brainwashed that they can't see what's going on? This is scary. REALLY scary. I sincerely hope that they can wake up soon.

Liberals = Big Government, More control over peoples lives, no personal responsibility
Conservatives = Less Government, More control over own life, personal responsibility

BBC - Left Leaning state controlled media.
Police - State controlled organization

Police violating human rights again, BBC, state controlled media DEFENDS state controlled organization.

And yet this is conservatism's fault? Please wake up and see how brainwashed you are. More government, less control over your own life is not the way to freedom, equality, nor happiness.

Nobody said it was the Conservatives fault. You miss understand the left-right paradigm.

Lol at Conservatives being less government and more control. Do you believe everything government tells you

The BBC is pro-Tory and always has been. To deny that is insanity

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashyr
"wheelchair user"

its really great when people use any leverage to get reactions out of people.
what your really saying is "cripple" but u want to get others to have that reaction. your just paving it.
sad

Nope. I don't remember really saying "cripple".

The fact he's in a wheelchair is absolutely relevant to the incident and interview at hand. If you can't see that it's prejudice and bigotry on your own behalf.

Try again mate.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
Does no-one think that this protestor was intent on provoking a reaction from the police, with friends in tow to capture his "selected" treatment in order to gain headlines for the cause?

Yea, it's rather interesting that there are certain individuals in some protests who constantly gain attention by being brutally attacked by the police. What are the odds of one individual being attacked several times during a protest while there are thousands of other protestors around?
I don't like how the police treated this guy but I'd like to know the whole story behind the event. Events like this are always used to provoke more violence from the protestors.

Originally posted by NadaCambia
The protests turned violent because the police started beating people who strayed from the 'agreed route'. Police are enforcing Nazi like laws that stop people from protesting without government approval.

It's absolutely laughable. The protests would be alot more peaceful with no police there.

Well.. You could also say that they would be a lot more peaceful if people did not stray from the agreed route.

Not really. Because having an agreed route is moronic. If you have a protest with an agreed route it isn't really a protest is it.

These people are protesting the protest laws. The police are responsible for containing and intimidating people.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I wasn't going to get that involved in this as I just wanted to make the point that we don't know the whole story, but as certain people have decided what my position is for me I may as well fulfill it.

Late in the afternoon he managed to get himself to the front line of the protest at the junction of Victoria St and Parliment Square. This was the scene of some of the worst rioting on the day. Police officers were subjected to a barage of bricks, bottles, paint bombs, and large metal fence panels. Along with the hail of missiles, officers were engaged in hand to hand fighting with the crowd who were intent on smashing through the police line in an effort to get the the BSI building at No1 Victoria St.

It was during a particularly violent period that I observed the police remove Mr McIntyre from his wheelchair. Officers lifted him out of the chair, and suporting him under each arm, moved him backwards away from the chaotic scenes of the front line, and to an area of relative safety on a small wall out of reach of most of the missiles, which continued to rain down.

Once the officers had left Mr McIntyre on the wall, he got to his feet and started shouting at the officers who had moved him. He was very angry and at one point raised his hand as if to hit the officer he was talking to.

He was stopped from doing this by the intervention of a woman passer-by who managed to pin his arms by his side.

There can be no doubt that the reasons Mr McIntyre was removed from his wheelchair and carried away were for his own safety, firstly as he was in danger of being hit by missiles thrown from the crowd, and secondly that minutes after he was moved, mounted police charged towards the crowd. Had MrMcIntyre been there when the horses charged he would alsmost certainly been seriously injured.

It is also worth bearing in mind that Mr McIntyre is not a student. He describes himself on several websites/blogs as 'a revoloutionary'.

www.demotix.com...

@lowkeyuk @logicarmy @truebess you are soldiers of the revolution!

LogicArmy Today 9/12/10 was 'The Battle in Parliament Square'.... And we won @jodymcintyre @lowkeyuk @truebess @everyone who fought with us... SALUTE

I oppose the police as an institution.

twitter.com...

You were already adressed and your arguments dismissed. His political positions or views are irrelivent. To suggest he got what he deserved for being an activist is just ridiculous.

This is Democracy, no? People are allowed differing opinions without being attacked by the police for them. Understand? This isn't Soviet Russia, as much as you want it to be.

Also he has Cerebral Palsy, you understand he doesn't have much control of his arms? A picture of him flailing his arms means nothing.

Would you blame a rape victim for wearing a short skirt? I imagine you would. Just disgusting. You must take a long hard look at yourself.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch

Good call! I have now posted my official complaint to the BBC (and asked for a reply!).

Such an Orwellian disgrace!

They're actively dismissing complaints.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Complain to OfCom

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
FCUK the Police

FCUK the students- they are scum aswell. Defacing war memorials?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Indeed - I was wonder whether he was trying to scupper the young gent's possibility of actually having a base to his complaint. Legal action normally means you can't discuss what happened and the details - but actually this lad did so in a very decent, clever manner.

Thousands of complaints now - again the BBC is doing what the police tactics have done - inciting the hatred against the Government. They're making the "fanbase" grow bigger!

Here Here.

If I get a reply I will be posting it up!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I’ve looked at the link you posted and noted the BBC's comments re the interview. I would say this...Jody was able to voice his opinion extremely well. What happened to him has received a lot of coverage and many complaints to the BBC. Methinks we'd be better directing our complaints to the independent police complaints commission (laughable name I know)

IPCC

and to MP's

a multi-pronged attack so to speak.

What all of this boils down to is that ordinary people are being told that they're paying for the consequences of the international banking scam (at which London was squarely at the centre) - while the bankers continue to award themselves huge bonuses (out of tax payers money) with not one of them being investigated by the police (in the UK anyway).

Things are going to get even uglier when the consequential cuts really start to bite.

I know the media do not report on peaceful protest - but resorting to violence is playing into the state's hands. All those cameras everywhere - did you see how clear the images are of the individual protestors they're looking for.

People have to become a LOT more tactical in their approach to expressing dissent to what is, and is about to happen, in this country. In my earlier post on this thread I said that the police have been preparing for massive civil unrest for at least 6 years. This is ALL contrived - I'd ask that people do NOT play into their hands. Use your heads not your fists.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

I’ve looked at the link you posted and noted the BBC's comments re the interview. I would say this...Jody was able to voice his opinion extremely well. What happened to him has received a lot of coverage and many complaints to the BBC. Methinks we'd be better directing our complaints to the independent police complaints commission (laughable name I know)

IPCC

and to MP's

a multi-pronged attack so to speak.

What all of this boils down to is that ordinary people are being told that they're paying for the consequences of the international banking scam (at which London was squarely at the centre) - while the bankers continue to award themselves huge bonuses (out of tax payers money) with not one of them being investigated by the police (in the UK anyway).

Things are going to get even uglier when the consequential cuts really start to bite.

I know the media do not report on peaceful protest - but resorting to violence is playing into the state's hands. All those cameras everywhere - did you see how clear the images are of the individual protestors they're looking for.

People have to become a LOT more tactical in their approach to expressing dissent to what is, and is about to happen, in this country. In my earlier post on this thread I said that the police have been preparing for massive civil unrest for at least 6 years. This is ALL contrived - I'd ask that people do NOT play into their hands. Use your heads not your fists.

Its frustrating though.

How many times in the school playground were you unheard of until you lay a punch on the kid that was bullying you?

We need to fight the establishment. I don't know how - there needs to be a regroup and a analysis of strategy.

The fact i've viewed ATS for 5 years and now I have only started posting indicates to me that i'm ready to fight and i'm sure there are others. (I mean fight in a non-violent maanner. I don't want to be thrust into jail where I am useless to this movement!).

We need a concerted joint effort to wake the people up to the brainwashing of the media!!!

It is so true that the Bankers aren't questioned yet protesters will be arrested for criminal damage if they spit on the floor?

Yes - I predicted earlier this year that by this time we would be seeing growing unrest and riots. I also believe that with the Consumer Prices Index rise and the wider retail prices index rise in Europe, and with VAT going up - people are going to be extremely hacked off after a very expensive Christmas. January will see worse riots in the UK.

STOP THE ELITISTS!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by glowsticks

We need to fight the establishment. I don't know how - there needs to be a regroup and a analysis of strategy.

That is precisely what required glowstick - a massive rethink - I’m no genius - but some those about to suffer the consequences of what's been happening are. This stuff is not linked to any one political party. They have 10 year plans, 20 year plans, and longer ....that are seen through no matter who is in office.

As a society we have become more and more isolated from one another...all that nucleur family rubbish. I'm certain that TPTB didn't quite know how to handle things when the net really took off - now they encourage us to do our protesting here. It's useless. It all comes from the 'divide and conquer' mentality. As I've already said 'WE ARE MANY - THEY ARE FEW'.

People are sociable creatures - naturally pack animals

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by Firefly_
This is too far. Everyone should cancel their TV license Direct Debits and stop paying this disgusting corporation. Starve the beast.

Lol, i would have to ask, are you going to lead the way?

No-one these days is willing to give up TV in protest. Sounds good in theory, but it won't happen.

CX.

I already have done.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I was just reminded of the police protest a cpl of years ago. Protesting was banned anywhere near parliament - so thousands of police queued to see their mp - as is their right. It's a step for a hint on how to handle some of this stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join