It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Welcome to your friendly State television. This is really worth watching. It's an absolute disgrace of an interview. That people can claim the BBC is left wing is beyond me
edit on 14-12-2010 by NadaCambia because: Edit: Added raw footage

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Left wing - right wing, all invented to keep us busy and divided.

It is disturbing though that state television does not question state's behaviour.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Oh my word.

This is just not funny anymore.

They accused him of "wheeling towards the police" (
), yet he is unable to physically move himself. After he explains this, the anchor accuses him of being a "known cyber radical", i.e. terrorist, to discredit the young man. I don't know what was said after that, because I can't watch the rest of it.

It's as if they are literally trying to incite people into extreme hatred and contempt, by displaying such raw arrogance and apathy.
edit on 14-12-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOccupant

Left wing - right wing, all invented to keep us busy and divided.

It is disturbing though that state television does not question state's behaviour.

Not really. Not everything is created to divide and conquer. Humans aren't blind animals, we have differences of opinions naturally. It's a bit different to the labour - tory paradigm, which is a manfucatured sham.

The right wing and the media themselfs try to argue the media as being on the left, because the left is the right position. No oxymoron intended.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Oh my word.

This is just not funny anymore.

They accused him of "wheeling towards the police" (
), yet he is unable to physically move himself. After he explains this, the anchor accuses him of being a "known cyber radical", i.e. terrorist, to discredit the young man. I don't know what was said after that, because I can't watch the rest of it.

It's as if they are literally trying to incite people into extreme hatred and contempt, by displaying such raw arrogance and apathy.

This is doing the rounds and going viral on alot of forums, and there's plenty of complaints being made about this. What's to bet the BBC don't issue and apology and ignore any uproar. Yet when 2(yes, literally 2) people complain about a joke on Top Gear, the BBC go into a self promoting frenzy and apologise unreservedly for 19 weeks

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Well in theory there is a difference between left and right.

But look at the US administration, and even here in the Netherlands. No matter which political party wins, the major policies are not changed, they keep the people busy with peanuts while executing there own agenda on the real important matters.

The political parties have been hijacked long ago with career hunters and corporate dummies.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
"Students like Alfie Meadows who was beaten on the head with a police truncheon & ended up in hospital having emergency brain surgery, now just imagine for 1 second if it was Prince Charles or Camilla or a Police officer that nearly died thanks to the violence of the police, what would the media be saying then"

When he mentions this they change the subject or don't answer

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOccupant

Well in theory there is a difference between left and right.

But look at the US administration, and even here in the Netherlands. No matter which political party wins, the major policies are not changed, they keep the people busy with peanuts while executing there own agenda on the real important matters.

The political parties have been hijacked long ago with career hunters and corporate dummies.

I wasn't talking about political parties. I was referring to the belief that the BBC is a left-leaning news organisation. When the reality is they're on the right. They're pro-authority, pro-government.

But we can argue about semantics all day, whats your take on the video itself

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Very awakening. That man has more brains and heart than I have seen in a person in a long while, I'm very impressed by the way he answered that "reporter's" questions.

"They" are provoking them into violence, by pulling a man out of his wheel chair and dragging him across the street? This is not wrong, this is evil. This video needs to be seen by everyone and their kids.

This is not an isolated incident... Thank you for posting this.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Very awakening. That man has more brains and heart than I have seen in a person in a long while, I'm very impressed by the way he answered that "reporter's" questions.

"They" are provoking them into violence, by pulling a man out of his wheel chair and dragging him across the street? This is not wrong, this is evil. This video needs to be seen by everyone and their kids.

This is not an isolated incident... Thank you for posting this.

Thanks. Make sure to star, flag, post on FB, share with friends etc. The ridiculousness really needs to be seen to be believed. Would be nice to get this as a trending topic. As you say people really need to see this. This was my favourite, or least favourite

Jody McIntyre:

“Do you really think a person with cerebral palsy in a wheelchair can pose a threat to a police officer who is armed with weapons?”

Ben Brown (BBC News anchor):

“But you do say that you are a revolutionary”

edit on 14-12-2010 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yes, they also repeat some of the questions multiple times, even though he answered them. They ask him twice if he "threw anything" at the police, and he answers both times. He interrupts him with the same questions at different areas of the interview.

Also, the video distortion is weird. Very strange, a lot of the interview is simply missing. I'd also like to know what the deal was with "filing an official complaint". He kept asking him over and over if he is going to file a complaint, even though the young man keeps saying, "Yes, yes, in the near future, yes."

The anchor is a hack. Well excuse me, the untold number of crew and team members that constructed his talking points on the fly for him to read, are hacks. The anchor is just an idiot.

I do firmly believe that they are trying to incite raw hatred and real violence. They continue to push, prod and strike, but the peaceful masses resist. If everyone just started getting violent, then they could literally do everything they wanted to with absolutely repercussions or accountability. Kind of like, now, except worse.

I always feel dirty and bitter after seeing these incidents, and "interviews".

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
here is a comparison, see if you can tell the difference in tone.

the b.b.c. and sky news care more about the rights of iranians than they do yours, maybe people should start questioning why.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Yes, they also repeat some of the questions multiple times, even though he answered them. They ask him twice if he "threw anything" at the police, and he answers both times. He interrupts him with the same questions at different areas of the interview.

Also, the video distortion is weird. Very strange, a lot of the interview is simply missing. I'd also like to know what the deal was with "filing an official complaint". He kept asking him over and over if he is going to file a complaint, even though the young man keeps saying, "Yes, yes, in the near future, yes."

The anchor is a hack. Well excuse me, the untold number of crew and team members that constructed his talking points on the fly for him to read, are hacks. The anchor is just an idiot.

I believe, as I'm sure you already figured yourself, that the interviewer is trying to imply the reason he hasn't complained is because his complaints are void or without truth. That's how I saw it. As an indirect implication that he was holding something back, or at worst, lying.

Shows how far the BBC are willing to go to protect the government and authorities. They'll stoop to attacking a wheelchair-bound man with cerabal palsy

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Flag this damn thread, damnit. Go on your Facebooks, Myspaces, and Twitters and forward this video. Wake your grandma up, call your ex, translate this in canine and tell your dog. Pass this on.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
here is a comparison, see if you can tell the difference in tone.

the b.b.c. and sky news care more about the rights of iranians than they do yours, maybe people should start questioning why.

I've cited such evidence before but with a slightly different take. Have a listen to politicians in the west, particularly in Britain and America, when the Iranian protests were happening. Our politicians offered their support and you could argue were geeing the Iranian protestors up. Even Obama gave backhanded support to their cause.

Yet if those protests happen on our streets, the government would be calling for the police to shoot us! And screaming for peace and calm.

It's an absolute hypocrisy

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Flag this damn thread, damnit. Go on your Facebooks, Myspaces, and Twitters and forward this video. Wake your grandma up, call your ex, translate this in canine and tell your dog. Pass this on.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Well I'm sure they all want him to file a complaint, so the incident goes into bureaucratic 'limbo'. That's how it works with complaint against the police. They get filed into the void until everyone forgets it. I'm sure this is what he really means by "considering all his options, and seeking legal counsel". He wants to slam the book on them hard when he files an "official complaint". So they'll have nothing to fight back with except their odorous BS.

Otherwise, if he were to file a complaint immediately, nothing would happen for, quite literally, several months or years. This is how it usually works in the states anyway, unless the incident is intensely publicized. Though I've noticed a trend that aired controversies get buried just the same, which is a little frightening.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
bbc.co.uk/complaints/homepage/­

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Absolutly filthy gutter press. That's what the BBC have devalued themselves to. The whole coverage of the student protests (and every protest) has been completly biased. But it is what we have come to expect from the goverments official mouth piece.

Jody McIntyre is more of a man than Ben Brown, and those police officers "helping him cross the road"

Here's a short film, by Jody McIntyre.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Absolutly filthy gutter press. That's what the BBC have devalued themselves to. The whole coverage of the student protests (and every protest) has been completly biased. But it is what we have come to expect from the goverments official mouth piece.

Jody McIntyre is more of a man than Ben Brown, and those police officers "helping him cross the road"

Here's a short film, by Jody McIntyre.

I saw that earlier. I think the music is by British rapper Akala too.

From the BBC:

Video footage of a protester apparently being dragged from his wheelchair by police and pulled across a street has emerged amid claims the police used disproportionate force in dealing with student demonstrators last week.

Jody McIntyre says he was the victim of unprovoked action by the police who appear to pull him from his wheelchair.

The Metropolitan police have responded to the video and released the following statement:

"In connection with the incident shown on you tube of a tuition fees protestor in a wheelchair, the Met Police confirm the man involved Jody McIntyre has not launched an official complaint. The issue has been referred by the Met Police to Directorate of Professional Standards - The Met Police will contact Jody McIntyre directly."

The BBC cannot verify the authenticity of this footage

What I find really interesting is on all the news websites they claim the attack is 'alleged', despite video evidence showing it happens. Contrast that with the footage of the royal car being attacked. Where it's reported ipso facto. There is no question about authenticity or words like 'alleged' thrown around.

It's an absolute hypocrisy.

Imagine the media outroar and condemnation if a protestor threw a wheelchair bound officer out of his wheelchair! Just imagine the reaction to that! This is what the media do, they slant things.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join