It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MaximumTruth

Could you please explain your reasoning for wanting
genocide? Or,are you using one word posts to get your
required 20?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

It's not religion thats the problem its stupid people in this world

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

u have proof of that rant

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned1990

should be illegal for morons to breed

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Get the UN to ban all religous activity.

Make it illeagal globally.

Put all that continue to practice into jail.
All who won't renounce religous faith, into jail.
This is gonna cost alot, at first. But then: Become much more productive with the huge increase in inmate labor, put them to work in the mines, the drill rigs, any production job that is currently held hostage by unions...and give 'government employee' a whole new meaning.

Imagine all the good public works that could be accomplished.

That was sarcasm...but I am serious about using prison labor much more effectively. Maybe, instead of the religous, we could gather up some of the unemployed (maybe at first just the ones that can't pass the drug test they should be taking to get their benefits) and reduce their welfare checks, but require some input back to society. Just saying. Hey, maybe just 20 hours a week in community service to get the 'free' money?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

And what is your solution for the elderly, disabled or sick?
edit on 16-12-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
If we were given the truth, then all religion would stop.

It's that simple.

here's the truth: you live then you die. there is no purpose to anyones life. and no consequences after you die, just nothingness

I need proof and I guess you can't even claim hearsay ... lol

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Force everyone on earth to take, and pass, a science class.

that should solve that

Solve what? Has science answered questions about consciousness and life? Try again.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

All the new 'government employees' (the next PC term for inmates who choose to do labor for privileges, such as TV...and phone..and a little money to give to thier families) could also do healthcare, hospice services, ect...

If you were going with the put religous people in jail premise, this would be great, because most of those who are true beleivers and not the few power hungry clergy...would be more than happy to provide usefull services.

If you were responding to the comment about giving those who are unemployed something to do, I would think they would also be happy to contibute to the society that is supporting them.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned1990
reply to post by SaturnFX

Umm... You're gravely mistaken. Atheism is NOT a religion. It is simply the lack of belief in religious claims and gods. Read a dictionary before making such ridiculous assertions. It is contradictory to claim that non-religious people are religious.

Funny thing is you are replacing one belief system with another. I don't call that progress.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Atheist core values is in being rational.

Then you should be agnostic. Fact is there is a 50:50 chance that you are wrong and there is a G.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Umm... You're gravely mistaken. Atheism is NOT a religion. It is simply the lack of belief in religious claims and gods. Read a dictionary before making such ridiculous assertions. It is contradictory to claim that non-religious people are religious.

Funny thing is you are replacing one belief system with another. I don't call that progress.

Ummmm.....no. You completely missed the point of that post didn't you?

How can someone who DOESN'T BELIEVE be 'replacing one belief system with another'? Hmmm? Absence of belief generally signifies nothing more than just that - ABSENCE OF BELIEF.

Why is it so hard for your mind to comprehend this?
edit on 17/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Atheists are certainly not permanently in a position..they will adapt to proof.
Which...tada, makes your view a religious one.

Permanent...unchanging no matter what is presented.

enjoy your religion..do you have holidays?

You are confusing me. What proof can you present that shows the absence of a deity?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Ummmm.....no. You completely missed the point of that post didn't you?

How can someone who DOESN'T BELIEVE be 'replacing one belief system with another'? Hmmm? Absence of belief generally signifies nothing more than just that - ABSENCE OF BELIEF.

Why is it so hard for your mind to comprehend this?
edit on 17/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Ok, I try this as gently as I can. An Atheist has a belief system. She decided not to believe in any theist claims. Once there is proof that there is no deity your statement will make sense.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I am an athiest. I do not believe in deities. Should proof come, I am willing to revisit this and make changes accordingly, because for me, atheism is not a religion. My position by default cannot be permanent considering I view science as the deciding factor of what is and isnt. Science is always changing, and therefore so is my outlook.

Please look up Agnostic. It will clear up a lot of questions you might have about Atheism.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Ok, I try this as gently as I can. An Atheist has a belief system. She decided not to believe in any theist claims. Once there is proof that there is no deity your statement will make sense.

You can type as gently or as angrily as you want - it makes absolutely no difference to the fact that your above post makes no sense whatsoever.

Decided not to believe? Therefore DOES NOT BELIEVE correct? Therefore, one who does not believe cannot be said to have a belief system ya?

Look, I know this is a lot for you to take in and comprehend, it must be life-changing for you to realise that people who do not have a belief are therefore without a belief system. Take some time and sit down to contemplate this if you need to.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

There is no evidence and there never will be. Gods are impossible concepts and their "existence" is shrinking every year as new discoveries are made in the fields of science. Like I said, my position is permanent.

Your first sentence means that you are omniscient. I guess you know exactly where I'm going with this ... LOL.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

You can type as gently or as angrily as you want - it makes absolutely no difference to the fact that your above post makes no sense whatsoever.

Decided not to believe? Therefore DOES NOT BELIEVE correct? Therefore, one who does not believe cannot be said to have a belief system ya?

Look, I know this is a lot for you to take in and comprehend, it must be life-changing for you to realise that people who do not have a belief are therefore without a belief system. Take some time and sit down to contemplate this if you need to.

Please don't quote me out of context. I say it again: an Atheist is a person who doesn't believe in the existence of a supernatural deity. Can you agree to that statement?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
most religions are all derivitives of one single belief!

compress all religions back into the one belief that they are and then destroy the one belief!

u cant take down an ant hill by killing all the many ants but if u kill the queen! u kill them!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Yes, but I don't agree with your interpretation of them therefore having a belief system because they do not believe - that makes no logical sense whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join