It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

OK first and formost. Do you really think Pope Palpatine cares if what is said in the bible is true or not. What he cares about is the power that is given to him by the sheep that blindly follow him. Just like his predecesors and the ones that will come after him. Second, I say believe in whatever you want to believe just don't leave your intelect at the door...please, I implore you, use your head. The world will be a better place.
edit on 14-12-2010 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Originally posted by Gakus

Southpark didn't predict anything it merely does comedy, but they're right.

It's animal instinct to have war, humans believe it or not aren't the only species who has them on earth.

Anytime someone holds something above all else and claims it to be sacred that will be something they are willing to die and kill over, I'm honestly amazed how some people lack the slightest common sense.

Right, and yet here you are with your "common sense".

Without a source.

Expecting people to gobble up your hearsay as if it is the truth.

Again.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

You can't really source common sense, than again if you had any you wouldn't of asked for a source regarding it, thus further proving my own point about SOME people lacking it.

I'm sorry if you're truly this naive regarding this subject matter, but it's a fact of life.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

If your "hope" impedes on other people's freedoms and their right to live peacefully, then you do not deserve it, for you have not earned it, sorry.

This isn't a Disney film, it's reality. Hope isn't mandatory. If you think life isn't worth living without God, you need psychological help or medication -- not pipe dreams and lies.

I think you misunderstood me.
I didn't say me particularly, I generalised upon the many that I know off.

Of course hope isn't mandatory for us. Yet it is for those across in the world in LEDC's...in places of war.
I do agree, Gods, if they do exist will not affect their outcomes but still...it pulls a lot of people through emotionally by believing in God. It provides security.

Although, you can't say for a fact that it's a 'pipe dream' or 'lies.'
There is no actual weighty proof that either Gods exists or they do not.
There are only value judgements.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Has anyone, in the history of humanity, ever done a violent act for something other than religion?

dont know if you are avoiding or missed it. im curious on your perspective on it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by The Djin

Ahhh,I wondered when you would grace us with your presence.

Ah, could not look in without saying hello now could I M?

I was thinking about you when another member stated that" we would breed you out."

I'm flattered that you would consider me and breeding in the same thought

What a combo we would make,earth-shattering,skies falling,

Dear lord M calm down there could be young people reading.

So M What are your thoughts on the variety of ways posters would end all religions on this planet ?

Would you kill them if your god told you to ?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I can honestly say that many people on ATS officially worry me more than many of those running the world today.

Talk about lack of tolerance for so many that one has never met. Nothing like the smell of fresh bloodshed, fear, and pain in the morning I guess. Guess all of that “education” has been helpful for the cause.

Raist

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth
Greetings Mamabeth.

As far as I can tell you are one of the highly esteemed Christian writers on ATS, therefore you have the standing to issue such a dare. I sympathize with the frustration you feel which has caused even you to rant on this, the occasion of the starting of this thread.

I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings
against christianity and all religions.Why don't you all decide
what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.
Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on
this planet?
What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

As I write this response, the thread is already up to 17 pages. I've only read the first page, but will attempt to catch up after posting.

As for the ranting I have engaged in, I wouldn't characterize it as constant, neither would I characterize it as against Christianity itself, but rather certain doctrines and practices of what was once a minority opinion within the US but has been gaining in popularity, political power, and "respectability". Neither have my rants been directed at "all religions", but rather against what is becoming a defacto "Judeo-Christian" religion, as if such a thing were reasonable.

I do admit that in my zeal, I do occasionally go too far and condemn what may have legitimacy within Judaism and Christianity. In calmer moments I do realize that just because I can't reconcile some of the surface teachings of these two major religions with deeper truths they purport to also hold, does not mean that nobody can. I can only hope that those people who can will continue to do so, so as to counterbalance the influence of those who can't and yet pretend that they can.

I can see the genius of the trap you have set. Any who have some "final solution" to offer will be exposing themselves as being quite self-centered individuals who don't value the feelings or thoughts of other people.

Personally, all I can say is that I will endeavorer to be more reasonable in my communications and try at least to keep my frustrations from hurting other people. Most likely, I will occasionally still rant.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by satron
I can't help but feel that if religion was wiped off the planet, that we'd find something else to fight and kill each other over. It's just apart of human nature. Would the change from killing ourselves over things that don't exist be a step up if we started killing ourselves over things that do exist?

Southpark did an excellent satire on that very scenario....it will happen. If not for a God, for whatever we put above ourselves and hold sacred.

A Southpark cartoon episode of such a scenario, has you confident enough to state that such "will happen"?

And I find it hard to imagine non-religious people having anything collectively to misbehave about due to their LACK OF BELIEF IN FAIRY TALES!!

Its the fairy-tale believing folks whom have something to fight about. Especially when their "Gods" are always suggesting and commanding death to those who are not of that particular cult of believers.

Hehe, *SIGH* Southpark episodes and predictions on religion?!!

edit on 14-12-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Thread after thread after thread,you keep asking the same question.
I am a member of the feline persuation.You are starting to sound like
a yapping,ankle-biting,chihuahua and I am not looking for a new chew
toy!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Thread after thread after thread,you keep asking the same question.
I am a member of the feline persuation.You are starting to sound like
a yapping,ankle-biting,chihuahua and I am not looking for a new chew
toy!

Its because thread after thread the religious folks either 1) lack any sense whatsoever in their replies, or 2) cannot answer simple questions.

Who rightfully deserves the blame?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Christian complainism beholds yet another victory.

It's funny that many of the same people who are so offended by the people saying "kill them" are the same people I have seen in threads that demonize sex offenders saying "kill them all".

I always forget that Christians are the only ones allowed to get offended about things.

You people, and you know who you are, have some serious growing up to do.

Seriously.

Now promptly go complain to the mods about how you don't agree with this post and you would like it removed. It's your thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

And without religion or wars we would be in the stone age or worse. 99% of the technology you depend on in your day to day was developed to initally assist in the taking of a life or saving of another. We go nowhere when we are in balance. Not to say one state is better than the other. To blame religion for the actions of those who cloak themselves with it is like giving a superbowl ring to everyone who ever wore the jersey rather than those who wear it now.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
First of all, I really liked hotbakedtater's reply. It was concise and a somewhat accurate reflection of my views. I will also state that many crusading against religion (ironic?) are, in my view, guilty of that which they are railing against. If somebody rails against another riding on the coattails of some religious ideology, and that same person rides on the coattails of atheism, liberalism, conservatism, hedonism, etc., then they do the same as the religious. We all ride the coattails of ideologies to a certain extent. We have our beliefs, the words and experiences and thoughts and feelings and choices by which we are shaped. Some look more for "truth" than others, but these exist IMO among all the ideologies. The dangerous ones are those who are foolish, small, and arrogant, regardless of ideology. Ya know, the ones who have EVERYTHING or nearly so banking on their precise worldview. Again, these exist among all beliefs in my view. But then again, many have to run the gamut of ideological belief before they realize just how much they have been riding these coattails. Like evolution, for example. It is scientifically sound, but many of the supporters are not scientists and not educated. They want to APPEAR enlightened. Appearances are deceptive, and if one is full of it, they will eventually run full circle, or they will spend their life as an arrogant, dogmatic, idiot. My 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

I have answered his question on other threads.
He doesn't like the answer that I give him!
edit on 14-12-2010 by mamabeth because: spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoundTheory
reply to post by DisturbedToo

And without religion or wars we would be in the stone age or worse. 99% of the technology you depend on in your day to day was developed to initally assist in the taking of a life or saving of another. We go nowhere when we are in balance. Not to say one state is better than the other. To blame religion for the actions of those who cloak themselves with it is like giving a superbowl ring to everyone who ever wore the jersey rather than those who wear it now.

And these are the kinds of posts that should actually be deleted. Made up non-facts and zero sources.

Sorry, I stopped reading at the second sentence because you obviously don't have the slightest clue what the hell you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings
against christianity and all religions.Why don't you all decide
what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.
Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on
this planet?
What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

A signal via HAARP that changes the way people think, cut the circuit that makes people believe theyre absolutely special, are the only intelligent beings, and their lives have a purpose, and that theres conciousness after death.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Its harder for people to believe in God due to the fact that He did not create them with a siver spoon in thier mouth. We as Humans have traveled the depths of hatred and anger to aquire the Knowledge we have today. I believe alot of people resent the Creator for not "Giving" us knowledge to begin with. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Kill everyone and everything that relates to religion. Then make a system of control for everyone. When they have children, you make a form of control information that this or that doesn't exist or whatever it is to convince the children. Or you create or establish yourself a religion of your choice and make everyone convert to whatever you believe. Oh wait, this already happened and still is happening.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Lord Jesus Christ Saved My Life .....
Don't #ing Think All Christians Are Pussies Who Give a # If Your Saved Or Not, Personally I'm Here To Save My Creators Perfect Children ... Animals...
Heres To The Coming Darkness .... Enjoy

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark10
Kill everyone and everything that relates to religion. Then make a system of control for everyone. When they have children, you make a form of control information that this or that doesn't exist or whatever it is to convince the children. Or you create or establish yourself a religion of your choice and make everyone convert to whatever you believe. Oh wait, this already happened and still is happening.

In about 17 pages this post will be deleted because the mods will be fed up with whiney pseudo-"Christians" alerting it because it hurt their feelings, just like the first reply to this thread.

Sorry, Mark, you're not allowed to have feelings or an opinion unless you subscribe to their Creator.

I can't help but stare at the logs in all of their eyes as it all happens.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join