It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

mamabeth

S & F

Great thread.

This has shown right off the bat from page one how touchy this topic is. We have people regurgitating misconceptions assumptions and or falsehoods about religious people. Some have brought out some skeletons from Christianities closet about the Spanish inquisition, the burning of witches and heretics at the stake etc. Or Islam killing somebody who offends a supposedly "All powerful" Allah, etc.

All true. There is no denying it.

But some would have you believe that by eliminating religion that alone would remove the worst of human issues.

FALSE!

We have many here screaming about the virtues of Atheism, and that all people really need to do is educate themselves in the sciences and all would be well. Wrong What many supposed "Atheists" fail to realize and some simply will deny it, is that they have a version of a God and a religion of their own.

Money, Greed and Corporatism.

Many here scream that WW-I and WW-II were the result of "Chirstian Wars" what a load of steaming BS. GREED killed hundreds of millions during those wars. Human Ego killed millions during those wars. The Japanese during WW-II thought that their Emperor was God. Yet he did not set out to expand the Empire. The Japanese Businessmen and the Military Generals chose that path and USED the peoples belief in their God/Emperor to stir up the masses. It was their Atheistic view which caused mass loss of life in the Pacific theater.

In NAZI Germany people had to swear total allegiance to Hitler as if he was a God. Stalin and Mao were not religious men. " Atheists" Yet between the two of them they were responsible for ten times as many killings than the Spanish Inquisition and or witch hunts combined. BUT that gets ignored.

Human history has both suffered under religion, with it's hatred of non believers, bigotry and closed mindedness to the sciences. While simultaneously advanced because of it. The greatest monuments mankind has ever created were direct results of one form of religion or another. Many Atheists love to visit and will stand in awe of Greek/Roman temples, ancient Ziggurats, the Great Egyptian pyramid, Chinese/Japanese/Indian/Inca/Mayan temples or the massive Cathedrals of Europe, all were built to glorify a God in one shape or another. Because of the pursuit to build such massive monuments- structural engineering, mathematics and astronomy all had to be developed and utilized in order to create such wonders of the world. Which advanced mans understanding and furthered the sciences because of it. Not the other way around.

Mathematics, Engineering, Astronomy, Biology all had a symbiotic relationship with religion world wide. If anybody doubts that then all you have to do is look no further than the placement of temples which aligned to the Stars, Earth's poles or moon etc. Who were the first "Medicine men/Witch doctors"? ooga booga!

Today we build massive temples to corporatism, greed and money. The tallest buildings in the world today do not worship a traditional God but to....

[Money]

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I am agnostic, but it's not my place among EVERYONE else's to end religion. It is our sovereign right to believe in what ever we want and to pursuit happiness. Nobody will be able to end religion only if Aliens came here and told us the truth of our reality we live in, who knows.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Let us all be moslems. = peace on earth ?
or
Let us all be christians. = peace on earth ?
or
Let us all be jewish. = peace on earth ?
or
Let us all be you name it. = peace on earth ?
or
Let us all have no religion. = peace on earth ?

Pffffft!

The problem is not religion, the problem is ....................

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Killing all religious people and burning their associated texts would be a solution to the religion problem.

In all reality, mankind would be better off because of it.

I don't think this to be true. Let's examine this shall we?
Where did you get this 'opinion' that religion and not humans, start wars? Most so called religious wars were created to mask the true intent of greed.
So when that is discovered you intend to remove all greedy people?
It's a valid question if you consider the fact that major bankers play both sides of wars for profit. Businesses involved in war production profit from front sales and taxes! People get salaries for thinking of ways to kill you daily! Profit has become the next Prophet. You plan on killing this too? They write journals on how to rape people's wallets without threat of jail time. Have you burned The Economist lately?
You know, I was just speaking to friends this past weekend on a scenario that played out in Rosewood, FL in the 1920's. wiki inf here & movie here (intentionally not embedded). They went on about opression and the like for some time until I I said "Lets make this more interesting. Change the character stereotype based on mason nwo conspiracies. Make the black people in this movie "All Americans" (white/black/latino), make the sherriff an Oather, the lynch mob consisting of govt junkies, agent provocaturs, and those who think they will later profit when the dust settles. And when the call goes out over the wires, The UN coming in to bring order. By the end of the movie, no one left untouched.
You should try it and then see what merit your grand actions will take.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
I can't sense "GOD" inside me, you'd have to define God.

I can't help you with the first problem. I have a hard enough time helping myself. Suffice it to say I have experienced something I can best describe as God on a couple of fleeting occasions and would like to experience it again.

As for a definition, if it could be defined in words, that'd solve a lot of problems wouldn't it? My best hunch, being a scientifically-minded person, is that it is your "instinctual core", that you can find if you shed all the baggage of conditioning. At least in my experience I have felt much more spiritual since working hard on my baggage. I don't know if it's "raw instinct" that I'm slowly uncovering or something grander than that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank-you Slayer,a great post.
I wish I could give you a dozen
stars.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Condemned1990

By reading your posts,I was wondering if you
thought you were applying for the position of
a storm trooper!
I'm not a Star Wars fan.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

BS
?

European wars of religion
The European Wars of Religion were a series of wars waged in Europe from circa 1524 to 1648, following the onset of the Protestant Reformation. Although sometimes unconnected, all of these wars were strongly influenced by the religious change of the period, and the conflict and rivalry that it produced.

Wars that can be placed in this category took place in Switzerland, France, Germany, Austria, Bohemia, the Netherlands, England, Scotland, Ireland and Denmark.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Wars of Religion, Part I

www.lepg.org...

The Crusades were a series of religiously sanctioned military campaigns waged by much of Roman Catholic Europe, particularly the Franks of France and the Holy Roman Empire.

en.wikipedia.org...

the Jews were in world war two because of their religion they claim
we all know what a non arguable truth that is
not to mention all the kill all the muslim threads and posts around here

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Atheists don't want to kill off religious people, what you are hearing is from internet trolls, Christian trolls say the same things about us.

Im just answering from what ive seen in the posts here, be they trolls or not. So religious ppl arent killed then we move to the court debate:

How is it, exactly, that you would disprove life? The insanity of this statement blows my mind just thinking about it.

Ok lol, that was bad phrasing, let me rephrase. At the end of the court debate the ultimatum would be the Athiests demanding the proof for hard proof of God, the religious would use the world and more as evidence but at the end they would resolve that when it comes to belief in God, faith is the only answer.
Same way the Religious would end up demonading how would mankind know that there is no god, Athiest would give the usual, if there was god why hasnt he shown up yet, why hasnt god sorted out lifes problems, or that nature and science is the answer to all the unexplained phenomena and natural pattern of life, also life itself. Being the evolving nature of cellular make up over millennia, natural selection, big bang, and so forth. Religious minds would answer a lot with god plan and power, because mankind hasnt been able to prove the nature and pattern of things. And despite all the advancement in technology would never be able to create life or anything similar to what nature/god has done. So it would pretty end up ith a stalemate, with both sides being none the less wiser infact would end up being more bitter with eachothers indifferences.

Yea yea, years ago (according to some Christians) there was no possible way there could be such a thing as ET life, apparently now it has changed so it proves religion is right? I didn't get the memo that the meaning of our entire existence has changed, sorry.

Im not too sure about the history of what christianity says on the subject matter, but i do know that you right that a lotta christians are new theories regarding this. But the problem of that is the main source of information lies in the Bible and we both know that has become somewhat a hard source of religious fact because of its many alterations since roman times and pagan influences which many christians will also agree with.
Islam on the contrary hasnt ever changed its stance and since revelation has had direct quotes from the Quran about ET life. and jinns, and my understanding of this field clearly sees no conflicts between ET and religion. Infact not only religion but evidence is suspect in many cultures and tribes and other religions monotheistic/polytheistic all show similarities.

No, like I said, Atheists don't want to kill you. Armageddon is one of YOUR fantasies, not ours.

Armageddon is not a fantasy as it is 100% possible if you consider nuclear warefare, or natural disaster, as an atheist im sure even you should agree on that.
We might share a more pessimistic view on life, according to prophecies etc, and you might share a more optimistic one. But these are grim times we are living in, on an account of wars etc. And plaese do not say religion STARTS all wars, because that is a whole other thread/story where we would also present a strong argument. I think it is yo who are living in a fantasy if you believe everything is all hunky dory at this time..

And yes i know atheists do not want to kill anyone, but you do have your views. It is the 2 sides that will recruit you that are gonna be doing the fighting. Either the satanist elitest under a guise of truthful allies, or religion under the guise of religious zealots. There is truths and falsehood in both sides, but i know one thing thats right and that is the elite satanist believe in an immoral way of life that has roots in what most would consider 'bad things' all represented as something very appealing and good. Or the religious way of life which is very strict and hard way of life with roots grounded on scriptures that dictate mostly if not all 'good things', but will be represented in a very bad way. Im sure you can use the evidence of society we are living in to see what i mean. And if not, it wont take much research to figure it out.

Lastly i just want to say, you should know most if not all of the greatest minds on earth that have ever lived, were spiritual, either from 1 of the 2 sides. The first step would be to ask why these people believed in what they did, and you will come to a decision outside athiesm. And to lastly add, those with a middle ground, who have lived a balanced life of good an bad or neither, in islam and christianity to there is another place called the Heights ( i think it has other names im not sure at the moment) where people belong who neither fit the criteria of heaven and hell, but this is an odd place because most would fit either side, or be declared for purgatory. Anyway i digress..

Anyway i hope that explains some of the points mentioned before mate, and am sorry for the bad explanations before, you really cant explain anything in a few words, that why we can agree both our science books and scriptures are really thick

Also sorry for the typos lol

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Spare me the modern pop-culture internet voodoo conspiracy and OPEN your mind to all of human history going back all the way to cavemen and from all over the globe!

Not just the Abrahamic, Anglo/Eurocentric "EVIL JEW" scenario.

ETA: Yes I acknowledged that history. I didn't then nor do I now deny it. But religion only accounts for about 1/2 of the wars fought in human history.

Deny that?
edit on 14-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Exactly how the elite have planned it out in all religious texts. The final end days were Chirstians, Muslims and Jews etc are at each others throat, this is when your so called 'nut jobs' kill each other, hence a fresh start for a New World Order, whilst I will be watching from the sidelines eating popcorn.

-Naeem

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings
against christianity and all religions.Why don't you all decide
what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.
Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on
this planet?
What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

mamabeth,
I'm so sorry you take offense at those who have no better contribution or argument than to call for someone's death for some reason or another. Though entertaining and thought provoking (for those that really think and not *G.I.G.O.), it still lends credibility to those whose delusions of grandure interrupt the status quo of life - which by percentile, isn't that big a margin; less than 1% actually. hehe
Besides, NWO was all about removing all of the religions or at least taking the bite out of them. Jewish - ridiculed to the point of non-trust, Christianity - demonized to the point of ruin by abandonment and now Muslim to the point of (you fill in that blank by looking at ATS posts!).
It is happening whether you want it to or not and the end result will not be what athiest want either.
In short, you all collectively wished for this when you wished any religion perish because it wasn't your religion. Even Athiests! You lived by that wish!
How many of you are now willing to die by it? Let's see a show of hands.
* G.I.G.O. = Garbage In Garbage Out and other random drive by postings.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I thought this site is supposed to be about truth and freedom....Why or how would taking away someones religious freedom be considered a positive thing.
If anyone has trouble with any or all organized religions don't join...otherwise,how is it your business?Now,if some organization is Actually infringeing on your civil liberties....Resist them,sue them,fight them...whatever.
But not for the purpose of denying Someone else's rights...Because by doing this you are setting your self up as Yet another group of alledged Elites.....
and by the way...If you call yourself elite...Your not.A title like that has to be bestowed upon you from outside.I'm just sayin....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I would just use the high tech gadgetry and perhaps even some cinema style special effects to make it appear that Jesus and Mohammed, and Gaia etc etc all were arisen and once more present on planet Earth.

Then I would have them all publically denounce the ridiculous religions that were founded in their names.

Then I would have them put myself forth as the new Messiah and the whole game would start over again!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by Condemned1990
I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

Spoken like a true Jihadist! How are you any better than people of faith considering the level of hate you just spewed?
Spoken like a true fundamentalist! How are you any better than people of faith considering the level of stupidity you just spewed? What a retarded question you asked. Muslim terrorists want to bomb the U.S. (killing me), christian idiots agree that I will be tortured in a conceptual lake of fire for not believing in their god, etc. Because of that, I give them the same hatred in return. Islam and christianity should be eradicated, all of the participants tortured and killed for their advocation and practice of religious slaughter that is written in their books, end of story. I really don't give a f*** if you don't agree with my opinion. You act as if your comment will make a difference or somehow change my mind. Don't like my opinion? Deal with it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by nowhere2hide
So if you want to believe in a floating elephant with loads of arms or a two thousand year old zombie jew, that's your poragitive. But don't just assume that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Hey you forgot about a celestial object with lots of heat for the non believers as well, since we putting all the poragatives out there. I mean its not like there are'nt a couple around in this solar system even

Report in

Venus..................

edit on 12/14/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)
Prerogative, not poragative.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There are so many gods as there are people. Everyone has his or her own faith, his or her own personal Jesus, his or her own personal Allah, his or her own personald god.

There's just another thing to consider:

"God came down to earth to found a religion, and the devil came right behind to organize it..." (Vivekananda, indian Yogi)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

[Money]

[Corporatism]

[Greed]

These Gods are not exclusive to Atheists as these are also worshiped by religious individuals, most certainly Christians. We are all slaves to them, all humans. Religion however, is brutish, uninspiring and frankly, extremely boring. It's time to move on.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Originally posted by Condemned1990
I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

Even innocent people?
That goes to show what kind of a threat you are, to yourself and others and probably the envoirment and animals also, you and all the people who gave you stars.
What do you think you are cool by saying you would torture and kill?, talky talky, now now...
You are under mind control just like the religions it self.
Think, think, use it.

It's my honest opinion, not an attempt to "be cool". To me, any person who accepts the absurdities of their doctrine (torturing unbelievers, killing unbelievers, sexism, rape) deserves a taste of the torture and death they endorse. Children, mentally handicapped people and religionists who are becoming atheists, agnostics, paganists or satanists would be exempt from my killing spree. I do not label people as guilty by association, but as guilty by the practice or advocation of the atrocities in their religion.

If my mind was being controlled, I would not be aware of it because my free will to think would be absent. I am aware of my free will to think and my mind is not being controlled by an external force. My opinion belongs to me, not a puppet master.

Yes, I'm aware that satanism and paganism are religions, but those in particular do not advocate the atrocities in the holy books nor do they condemn people for not having the same beliefs. Those two are exempted from my killing spree fantasy.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Condemned1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

the "EVIL JEW" scenario

?

Hitler's Christianity

To deny the influence of Christianity on Hitler and its role in World War II, means that you must ignore history and forever bar yourself from understanding the source of German anti-Semitism and how the WWII atrocities occurred

www.nobeliefs.com...
edit on 14-12-2010 by Danbones because: added quote for clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join