It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama on Child Nutrition: ‘We Can’t Just Leave It Up To The Parents'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
So are you going to let this butt ugly wench determine what you can and can't feed your children?

Not here in my home. She can spoon my left one and make the right one jealous...since her husband has neither and probably sits down to pee before she does.

This is a direct assault on parents...for those cogent enough to realize it. If they think they can tell us what to feed our children, where does it end?

I love stories like this. They always convince me to sharpen my blades and head down to the reloading table to pump out a few hundred more rounds.

These people can kiss my butt!!!

edit on 13-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow. Not worried about the moderators much are you? Did you not just read the thread about profanity?

Anyway, yes, she thinks that we are too stupid to live. It can't come as a big surprise, tho. We have been slowly electing serious liberal progressives for years now, and the results are finally obvious.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I just finished a college course in nutrition for nursing school, and all I can say is I wish I had known all of this BEFORE I became a parent. Yeah, I knew basics, but not details. My kids would have been much better off if I had known this stuff before I had them. Nutrition should be taught in all high schools, and maybe it is, but it wasn't long ago when I was in school.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

My apologies and I trust my edits alleviated the problem. Some things fire me up and I can get a bit loose lipped.

The thought of her telling me what I can and can't feed my children made my blood boil and I should have been more responsible with my post.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

S'Alright!! Nobody wants a warning flag!!

It makes my blood boil, too. The arrogance of these people is just breathtaking, really. It's no more than I expect anymore, anyway!

link   

Originally posted by justsaying
I just finished a college course in nutrition for nursing school, and all I can say is I wish I had known all of this BEFORE I became a parent. Yeah, I knew basics, but not details. My kids would have been much better off if I had known this stuff before I had them. Nutrition should be taught in all high schools, and maybe it is, but it wasn't long ago when I was in school.

One of my specialties was metabolism while getting my BS in biochemistry. I won't say that Bam Bam females points are invalid but have an enormous issue with telling someone what they should/should not do.

My daughter likes Happy Meals as much as I detest her eating them. At the same time, an occasional happy meal is not going to be an issue and NOBODY is going to tell me whether I allow her to have one or not!
edit on 13-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

link   
Thats the problem with the left - they think they know best at every turn and demand laws to make their views top dog.

Damn man there should be laws about letting some one so damn ugly in front of a TV camera - puts me right off my food.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Okay, she's not insulting parents here. She's saying that there should be less junk foods in school. She even says that schools are 'undoing' the good that parents are doing and that the government should take some RESPONSIBILITY.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

About a couple weeks ago I sarcastically commented that the government should physically force juice down kids throats or fine parents $10,000 (or some punishment like that). Now I'm wondering how far off I really am. Government is the new dominant religion. Just put your faith in government and everything will be alright. Nevermind they are going into bankruptcy and complete chaos and only know how to screw up!
edit on 13-12-2010 by civilchallenger because: misworded

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I think she is right in a sense that kids spend a lot of money on candy and sugary foods. She isn't talking about what you are feeding your kids but what they are eating at the vending machines, which is poison.

If you think those food choices are healthy think again.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Any time you would like to discuss food and the metabolic pathways by which the food is processed, I'll be here.

Should you determine that you are going to tell me what I allow my child to ingest, that's where things will get ugly.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Very few ppl despise this women, and her husband, as much as I do. But, I am afraid to say, in this matter she is absolutely right. One just has to walk around in a Mall, or take the kids to the Doctor, to see how much eating disorders are ruining the health of Americans. I would go as far as to say that, many young kids that I know of, or see (those that can still make it out of the house, and walk around), have been victims of parental neglect. Of course, once you look at their parents, you understand why huge is the American way!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

About a couple weeks ago I sarcastically commented that the government should physically force juice down kids throats or fine parents $10,000 (or some punishment like that). Now I'm wondering how far off I really am. Government is the new dominant religion. Just put your faith in government and everything will be alright. Nevermind they are going into bankruptcy and complete chaos and only know how to screw up!
edit on 13-12-2010 by civilchallenger because: misworded

Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it!

I have made comments sarcastically that could also haunt me. The intent of the comment is sarcasm but there are those who will take said comment and hop on their high horse and run with it.

Kind Midas got his wish and it didn't turn out so well for him...assuming folks are familiar with Aesop's fables.

link   

For those of us who can't watch videos, any chance of posting a transcript of the relevant bits? I think the gov't has NO place in my house, and certainly not at my dinner table. I'd love to hear what Our Fearless Leader has to say on the subject...

link   
I hope she chokes on her broccoli, and no one is competent enough to give her cpr. Just pathetic really it is. It's one thing to give someone an incentive to eat healthy and another thing to tell them what to eat. I gotta go order a nice greasy steak & cheese sub, or hogey, hero, torpedo whatever you wanna call it...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

If you haven't noticed...we have the fattest people and the fattest kids in the world. Most parents aren't doing a bang up job.

I know people don't like when politicians say that the American people are too stupid to make decisions for themselves...but it is true...people are idiots.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yes we can!

I can't honestly think of anything else to say. I disagree with anything the government seeks to force upon anyone by removing personal choice from the equation.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CerBeRus666
Very few ppl despise this women, and her husband, as much as I do. But, I am afraid to say, in this matter she is absolutely right. One just has to walk around in a Mall, or take the kids to the Doctor, to see how much eating disorders are ruining the health of Americans. I would go as far as to say that, many young kids that I know of, or see (those that can still make it out of the house, and walk around), have been victims of parental neglect. Of course, once you look at their parents, you understand why huge is the American way!

I despise neither her nor her husband. What I despise are those who think they can usurp power they do not have to attempt to push their will on those they have no authority to do so.

Where does it stop? Do we have food lines for children and leave their parents out of the decision making process? It sucks that some parents allow their children to eat crap.

Telling me what I can/cannot feed my family is crossing the line.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

If you haven't noticed...we have the fattest people and the fattest kids in the world. Most parents aren't doing a bang up job.

I know people don't like when politicians say that the American people are too stupid to make decisions for themselves...but it is true...people are idiots.

I notice that every time I go to Wal Mart. So you figure a politician or bureaucrat will do a better job? Just take a gander at what they've done to this country and then I'd think the last thing you'd want it to allow them control over the diets of children. Half of them are fat asses with one foot in a grave and the other on a banana peel.

You can have control over my family......after you bury me.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

People are always talking about how this country is getting obese, that this country is killing them slowly through processed foods, sugars, aspertame, poisons, flouride, and etc. When someone tries to make change the people say WHO ARE YOU TO DO THIS?!

It is like tying to get an addict away from his crack pipe. Do you honestly want your kids to eat all those junk foods and develop all the affects that are associated with it? Than I say go and fight this woman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join