It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How and why you coverted to Islam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is a question for Muslim converts. How did you convert and why? Did a friend influence you or did you look it up on your own? If there is no Mosques around where you live how hard is to to practice your faith alone?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
please be careful =( its sad to say that there are so many ignorants out there that will immediately just assume you want to be a terrorist. but the link is because of the rumors, much like what happened to all of the jews. i hope you have a strong heart and truly believe, otherwise "civilized" society may break you
spread love, and maybe you ca break the steriotype, it must start somewhere, aye?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm just curious to people's experiences on the matter. I'm planning on sticking with Buddhism, as it makes the most sense to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

totally agreed there, immortal prisoners that are forced to relive life after life untill you truly learn what it takes to be an immortal, rather you agree or not, go with your gut, you know what you need above anyone elses plans for you

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Hello TinFoilHatMan55.
I converted to Islam from Christianity around 2001-2002.
I studied the Bible in its entirety and I came across many irreconcilable points (in my opinion).
I loved God very much, so I fasted and I prayed to be lead to His truth, and I was led to Islam.
Islam answered all of the points that arose in my Biblical research into Christianity (in my opinion).
I studied Islam on my own when I learned that Muslims believe in the God of Adam, Abraham, Noah, Moses, and Jesus.

You do not need a mosque to observe Islam. Mosques are recommended for prayer and congregation to establish religious brotherhood within the local community, and to help influence faith and upright moral behavior. A Muslim does not have to pray at a mosque, for God says the entire world is a place of prayer. Mosques are recommended for the extra benefits and virtues of community prayer, but a Muslim is a Muslim anywhere and can pray anywhere. But a Muslim should get to a mosque when they can for Friday prayer service.

new topics

top topics

join