It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Pakistan, Christianity Earns a Death Sentence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

In Pakistan, Christianity Earns a Death Sentence

news.yahoo.com

It all began a year and a half ago, with a quarrel over a bowl of water. A group of women farm workers were suffering in the heat near a village in Pakistan's Punjab province. Aasia Noreen, an illiterate 45-year-old mother of five, offered them water, but was rebuffed. Noreen was a Christian, they said, and therefore her water was unclean - sadly, a common taunt hurled at Pakistan's beleaguered Christians. But rather than swallowing the indignity, she mounted a stout defense of her faith.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Word of the exchange swiftly filtered through the village of Ittan Wali, in Sheikhupura district. The local mullah took to his mosque's loudspeakers, exhorting his followers to take action against Noreen. In a depressingly familiar pattern, her defense of her faith was twisted into an accusation of blasphemy, according to her family and legal observers familiar with the case. As a frenzied mob pursued her, the police intervened, taking her into custody. But far from protecting her, they arrested and charged Noreen with insulting Islam and its prophet. And on Nov. 8, after enduring 18 months in prison, she was sentenced to death by a district court, making her the first woman to suffer that fate.

What to say... Countries like Iran and Pakistan support the Palestinian people, right? They supposedly care about humanity and human rights? Guess what, not when it comes to Christians.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In that case,using that argument,the aid money from the west gathered for the flood relief effort should also be deemed unclean and handed back to the donating countries in question.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Those Countries are truly still living in the dark ages.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well one should follow the law of the land they live in.

In Pakistan if you make a mock out of the Islamic Prophet, you're basically dead.

It's like you get arrested and imprisoned if you deny or question the holocaust in Europe.

Pakistan has a huge stockpile of nuclear weapons.

Iran is about to get some.

While Saudi which practises the most exremist form of Islam called wahabism, is best pals with US.If you make a mock of Islamic Prophet in Saudi, they will chop your head in a public gathering.

Saudi recently made a deal of F-15 Eagles with US worth $60Bil.

While Pakistan is waiting for it's next mutli-million dollar Aid package to fight terrorism.

I really don't understand this 'war on terror' business.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Well it could have been much much worse.
She could have committed adultery and then been....

Oh wait, never mind.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
What to say... Countries like Iran and Pakistan support the Palestinian people, right? They supposedly care about humanity and human rights? Guess what, not when it comes to Christians.

Guess what, Pakistan has been for a very long time a U.S. Puppet Govt.
That means that it's the White House that has backed this death sentence not Pakistan.

Knowledge is food for thought so always remember to wisely swallow!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu

While Pakistan is waiting for it's next mutli-million dollar Aid package to fight terrorism.

All of which has nothing to do with the Story.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Wasn't the US trying to help Afghan women or Afghan people from the Taliban barbarric sharia law?

So why ain't US bombing Pakistan and Saudi?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Shows the absolute hypocrisy among Extremist Muslims. How can we even consider taking this religion that can be manipulated this way into our societies!. Maybe the more moderate Muslims who don not agree with them should distance themselves (start their own religion) from the Terrorists as they are bringing them a bad name.

At this time I say No to Islam until the extremists are removed. I also feel the same about the Christian, Jewish, Hindu & Buddhist religions as well.

edit on 13-12-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So why ain't US bombing Pakistan and Saudi?

The United States May Expand Drone Strikes in Pakistan

It is the time to point out the most sensitive issue in Pakistan, which could be fatal for national security and especially for Baluchistan (a province in Pakistan): the expansion in the use of drone attacks on Quetta (capital of Baluchistan). This issue has created heated feelings against the United States in Pashtoon

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

All of which has nothing to do with the Story.

Its like me standing up and fighting against racism when my best pals are members of KKK.

Of course it has nothing to do with the story.

But i was just trying to show that the Christians are funding those same nations where the christians are supposedly getting killed under sharia law for making a mock of the Islamic Prophet.

edit on 13-12-2010 by Doujutsu because: Grammar error

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Well one should follow the law of the land they live in.

In Pakistan if you make a mock out of the Islamic Prophet, you're basically dead.

It's like you get arrested and imprisoned if you deny or question the holocaust in Europe.

While Saudi which practises the most exremist form of Islam called wahabism, is best pals with US.If you make a mock of Islamic Prophet in Saudi, they will chop your head in a public gathering.

So in other words if the powers that be decide to make, let's say, Christianity illegal in the U.S. under penalty of death, then it's ok because people should OBEY, the laws of there land.

hmmmm

Well it's coming folks and people who practice freedom will be put to death no matter where they are, as they are breaking laws placed on people in order to further the slavery of man. Your neighbor will make sure everyone is following the "LAW" or turn you in.

Thanks big brother!
edit on 13-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Do these extremists have a brain or what? The woman tries to do a good deed and gets treated like this? Unbelievable!!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It wasn't the 'pakistani taliban' in North Waziristan who decided to hang this christian lady.

It was the Pakistani Judiciary approved by the Pakistani government.

Lets see if the daring drones actually finds it real targets rather than firing hellfires at mud huts with civillians in it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

People are chiming in with their opinions. This demonstrates a big difference between the West and Islam. In many [Not All] but many Islamic states if you mouth off against "Alla" you can expect severe punishment or even Death from the state meanwhile in the West in a predominantly Judeo/Christian state you popped off at the Mouth about their version of God some people will pretty much think you're a jerk and some may want to kicks your ass or worse. A larger percentage could care less what you believe or don't believe in. Any-case the State will not prosecute you over it or deliver a death sentence because of it.
edit on 13-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
WTF..?

Muslims have now outlawed Acts of Kindness..?

Does anyone know the nominal yield of 1 ICBM...?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes Islam and secular democracy are not compatible.

But here we have two nations that are being funded and armed by US who practise Sharia law.

Now are you denying that or are you going to reply back with a lame answer of political 'connections' and oil economical reasons?

It's either you are fighting barbarian laws or you aren't?

You can't fight one and be goody goody pals with the other?

So which one is it?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hold on.... this makes no sense.... Islam is a religion of peace!!! How can you take the small amount of fanatics and paint all of Islam... You bring up 9/11 .. All the bombings that muslims take part in.. You preach about them killing civilians intentionally... You keep harping about the beheadings and stoning of their people.. The death penalty to to women who have sex with a man 1 year after her husband had died.. Then you say they treat their women like dogs.... Well .. to you I say.. Right on!!!! (I hope my sarcasm is more than apparent.. If not that was a boat load of sarcasm) Yeah right, only a select few are to blame...A country that elects a court ... Or at least bows to a court.. Is a part of the problem..

An entire village is going to let this happen? Sit idle and let a person be killed over this?

Islam is a religion of intolerance and violence. Instead of Muslims blaming this on "fanatics", start defining them as "a growing portion" of our cult... If your against this, and really don't want to kill or hate non-muslims... Yes, your part of the majority.. maybe 80/20%.. To say it is a select few that have these beliefs... is leaving out some very important things... Allot of Muslims have the same beliefs as the fanatics.. But lack the pure dedication and or balls to follow Islam that far down the rabbit hole.

Don't get me wrong... All religions have some very very deep dark pasts.. None are exempt!! I wish we could clear out a very large portion of Siberia... Arm all of the religious fanatics to the hilt. Lay out an area that they need to stay confined to... Let them sort this out once and for all... Winner takes on the Athiests army.

IMHO - Islam has a learning deficiency.. They are the only ones that cant seem to progress into the future with the rest of us.

You say .. Who am I to say what they want?? Well let me tell you. The people surely are not in control or at least a consideration in politics. They use violence and torture to control the people....

I fear the introduction of these lithium mines.. Land will be seized and a select few will profit from them.... Turning them into another Iraq. It's an Iranian influenced Govt. for Christs sake.

One day in the not so distant future... There will be total chaos in the middle east, and millions will go to war to please Allah. This is IMHO... No proof, just a logical deduction.

edit on 12/13/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

Don't try to toe hold me or box me in to your narrow views and understanding of the ME.

We are there to stake a claim in the New Great Game = Oil and other Natural resources etc and to slow the growing influence of the Chinese and soon India in the region.

edit on 13-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join