It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians...Have You Noticed A Change In MSM News?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

True.

I think the most interesting point you make though is about the older generation.

We are quickly approaching a time of mass retirements by the baby-boomers (my parents included).

Where they represent a controlling interest in both finances and politics at the moment I think the increase in violent news is specifically designed to frighten them into demanding more be done to protect what they remember the world as having been. I see this first hand in my father who is becoming a supporter of some disturbing ideas against personal freedom all for the sake of his being able to hold on to a nostalgic view of the past.

Not to be rude, but older people tend to frighten easily, especially when they are increasingly left farther and farther behind by a world that is changing in ways they don't/can't/won't understand. Give them a pretty speech about returning to values they can recognize and they will agree to just about anything.

ETA...

I'm not implying that this is new either, there have always been older people yearning for the past, younger people who want to change what they see as a hopeless dead end and a middle group that wants to be left alone with thier stuff.
edit on 13-12-2010 by [davinci] because: Content & Spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have noticed the increase too both on tv, newspapers and internet. I believe the following link will reveal why that is happening. Even though we've never had a serious terrorist attack on Canadian soil, they've reported on several "busted bomb plots" throughout the year, due to our apparent "awesome security". lololol
I've seen this reported only in newspapers so far, like national post, globe and mail, The sun and many others are following, but they all seem to be on like page 3 or 4 type of thing most of the time, so that way noone notices.

It's also interesting to note, the north american union will begin sometime in the new year of 2011. Ironically set for the beginning of the final cycle of the mayan calendar. The timing of this is absolutely sick.
Here's the link.

www.nationalpost.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
These changes may be due to recent amalgamations of Canadians media. CityTV and its associated networks and stations were bought out by CTV, which was in turn bought out by Rogers. Ever since the buyouts, all of the associated channels have acquired a much more professional (read: American) appearance. CityTV used to be the dumpiest looking news show, they went for the 'reality' angle and usually filmed news reports from the newsroom itself. Now they have a somewhat professional set-up that makes it feel much more homogenous.

I've been wondering about newspapers. The Toronto Sun has always been a disgusting rag that will put a little girl's year-old murder on the front page instead of the new North American Perimeter. The Sun has always been the worst kind of paper, but it seems that ever since Mayor Ford was elected it's become insufferably arrogant. Maybe it is the elitist in me, maybe it is the liberal in me, maybe it is the civilized human being in me, but I find their editorials and their news articles to be increasingly vile, and I cannot believe that these views exist in the Canada that I live in. The National Post is somehow worse; the last page of their news section, two days ago, was a full-page excerpt from Sarah Palin's new book with absolutely no commentary.

Have Canadians always been as insane as the newspapers now reveal them to be?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Ya i have to agree with you on that. There have been tons of buyouts going on everywhere. Almost everyday we read about some corporation buying out some other. It's also absolutely amazing the amount of money thats being thrown on the tables as well in these deals. The corps just put the offer up so high, that the little guy just can't refuse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join