It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea threatens SKorea with Nuclear War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

NKorea threatens SKorea with Nuclear War

www.washingtonpost.com

SEOUL, South Korea -- North Korea warned Monday that U.S.-South Korean cooperation could bring a nuclear war to the region, as the South began artillery drills amid lingering tension nearly three weeks after the North's deadly shelling of a South Korean island.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Seen this today and thought I would share. Let's hope this doesn't come true, who knows where a war in Korea could branch out to. Why must there be so much tension in this part of the world ?

Does the world really need this right now ? If this were to happen what steps would follow from the U.S., Russia and China ? I think if Korea goes back to war the world should just say out of it and let it be done, and be there to help with the clean up.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BuBoo

Same $hit different year....here is an article in 2006.

Enjoy

www.spacewar.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Really though, this is what happens when you let egomaniac children run countries. I hope nothing comes of this, you know, for the sake of the world, but I wouldnt mind seeing NK's steering committee wiped off the map.

I doubt Russia and China would attack the US if things were to go down. Really, the world doesnt need a nuke fest. Russia and China are well aware of the consequences of those actions. If the 3 biggest countries had a nuke fight, no one would be left to pick up the pieces. Basic animal instinct is survival, and as we are all animals capable of some sort of consequential thought, I dont think the other folks would start tossing uranium and plutonium at each other.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

As said...no change...just new words in the same talk.

China won't let NK go that route.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BuBoo

'I think if Korea goes back to war the world should just say out of it and let it be done, and be there to help with the clean up'.

What about Japan and China literally on their door step? I cannot believe your naivity that If a conflict goes nuclear there will be anything to 'clear up' in the Region.

Advocating an isolationist plolicy in these troubled times is downright irresponsible.
edit on 13-12-2010 by ANGELFALLEN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Same sh!t different pile but still....Let's say North Korea deploys....Something tells me China will get p!ssed at them for causing such instabilities in the region. Plus with the U.S. on the door step...Look for a good ol' slap in the face to NK motion accepted by all parties with a nice deal to let China "expand" it's territory !

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh the insanity!

For God's sake this is ridiculous. There's children and other generally innocent people in North Korea, or I'd say nuke them and get it over with already. But then there's China. And Russia. Where would it end?

What is their (N. Korean regime leader's) problem? Why are they so insane? What the hell is wrong with them? ARGH! It makes no sense, and it's one of the things that makes me genuinely angry at other human beings.

* facepalm on behalf of the human race. *

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The last thing our military needs to do is continue exercises in the area. Obviously, we're trying to start something if we knowingly carry out these exercises, with SK, so close to China and NK. The North Koreans have been warning the US and SK for a while now. It would be crazy of them to launch a nuclear attack. But, have you noticed who their leader is? He's not exactly put together well in the head.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Absolutely in ALL seriousness....

Yawn.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
The last thing our military needs to do is continue exercises in the area. Obviously, we're trying to start something if we knowingly carry out these exercises, with SK, so close to China and NK. The North Koreans have been warning the US and SK for a while now. It would be crazy of them to launch a nuclear attack. But, have you noticed who their leader is? He's not exactly put together well in the head.

Hopefully Kim Jong-Il will catch a bad case of rigor mortis someday soon and his kid will take over, have you seen him? He might actually try to improve American relations just to get a hold of a few tasty McDoubles and some good ol greasy fries.

top topics

join