It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: I "wined and dined" NYT and WSJ for favorable coverage, health insurance whistleblower sa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Exclusive: I "wined and dined" NYT and WSJ for favorable coverage, health insurance whistleblower says

www.rawstory.com

“It was so easy for me to get my way”

A former health insurance insider turned whistleblower says that he was not only surprised at how “easy” it was to manipulate members of the news media over the years, but also reveals that he routinely “wined and dined” reporters from major news outlets – including the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal – in return for favorable coverage.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

But in an extended interview with Raw Story last week, Potter went further, revealing that he lunched with reporters at major media outlets for years – including journalists at the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal – as well as those from local and regional media, in most cases picking up the tab, which he says directly resulted in positive coverage of the companies he represented.

This should come to no surprise to anyone here. We already knew that the MSM establishment was basically a mouthpiece to corporate and and special interests and now we have a whistleblower, another one.

With all of the evidence coming out as of late about the media being influenced by various powers, it's difficult to see how anyone can still take them serious. The MSM is basically a propaganda spout, and they have the general public foolishly beliveing that we have a free press and are getting the whole picture.

At least the North Korean, Iranian and Cuban publics know that their media is feeding them a line a bull. America and westerners on the other hand have it far worse, since we are still under the illusion that our news is untainted.

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
In an age of unapologetic use of anonymous sources, we get this

In an email to Raw Story Sunday night, New York Times spokeswoman Danielle Rhoades Ha responded, "The claims are unsubstantiated and absurd since no names of reporters, examples of stories or other pertinent facts are provided to support these claims."

'scuse me whilst I go laugh hysterically at the irony.

edit on 12-13-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Good catch.

True - no surprise, we already knew how it works.

But important documentation nonetheless.

S&F btw

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That had better have been a killer prime rib.. I would be slightly more disappointed otherwise.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

It is difficult to measure this situation when we know the reporters have no ethics in which to base their careers. What are they supposed to be fishing for from big business? Honesty? Reporters are some of the most dishonest, manipulative creatures on earth. Fairness? Reporters have only one mission and that is to fullfil their fascist ideology - elitism in economic, social and political power. Character? With the exception of the entertainment industry, reporters are the most amoral creatures slithering on the earth. Loyalty? Loyal to whom? Reporters take pride in seeing themselves as citizens of the world - loyal to no one and nothing but the total wealth and power of a ruling elite/party class.

People who have no ethics can not be the arbitrators for ethics in business. The lack of ethics but have total love of materialism. This is the state of globalism's multi-cultural affairs which has gotten us into this economic and politically corrupt mess we are in.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
In a world where corporate America runs the government,buy the whores in congress and rules Wall street money can buy anything, including individuals for the right amount of cash.

America the free is nothing but an illusion supported by media and manipulated by corporate America.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You forgot about indoctrination. So long as TPTB slowly exert control or tyrannical measures, the people won't mind. Just like the bullfrog in the pot with the water slowly heating up. The media plays a big part of this by pretending to be the "fourth estate", when in all reality, we don't have such a pillar of freedom.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join