It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for an "EVENT"?!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by thecinic

Yeah they also have hospitals and mortuaries full of people who are the victims of the people who can’t use their guns properly. Why does someone have to become a victim before that idiot has his gun’s taken of him, shame on you for standing up for this idiotic practice. And are AK-74’s really legal, that’s scary

I bet he’s shot himself in the foot.

The guy is preparing for a "worst case scenario" its not paranoid...its something our government and military do 24/7 ...should the military not be able to protect each and every 350 million Americans this guy can at least provide for himself which includes protection IE weapons...

He states several times its not about his beliefs its simply about being prepared to protect yourself and your family, this is very smart...He is not complacent and because of this he will be taking his 4 wheel drive over the multitude of corpses of people such as yourself who refused to believe anything could happen.

I ultimately feel sorry for you and your family because you don't seem to be taking steps to protect yourself and them, but instead laugh and ridicule those measures...not very smart, but that is the absolute beauty of natural selection and survival of the fittest...you probably wont survive a catastrophe, this guy will....so who will be laughing then?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Well when nuclear Armageddon hits, i hope I am the guy under the bomb because its not going to be much fun afterwards.

I live alone, well with flat mate but not family, and I am more that capable of protecting myself.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by ReinkDuser

If that is the life he wants, join the army there is a place for guns and it’s not in his hands no one needs an AK-74. It’s really sad that you think his guns should only be taken away after he kills someone, why does someone have to be a victim before anyone does anything about this. take the gun of him, safe a life.

actually there is no place on earth for guns...be a better world without them

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

Well when nuclear Armageddon hits, i hope I am the guy under the bomb because its not going to be much fun afterwards.

I live alone, well with flat mate but not family, and I am more that capable of protecting myself.

who said it has to be "nuclear Armageddon"?? A Katrina like event would probably be enough to leave you "floating in the streets"...and unless you are armed, I highly doubt you are capable of "protecting yourself"...you don't seem to be pro-gun so ya I made the assumption you aren't armed...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Were I live there has never, never been a natural disaster bigger than a medium sized puddle and the geographical location means there probably never will, so that is not really a concern for me. If however something did happen i went to scouts for a few weeks so i would figure something out.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

If that is the life he wants, join the army there is a place for guns and it’s not in his hands no one needs an AK-74. It’s really sad that you think his guns should only be taken away after he kills someone, why does someone have to be a victim before anyone does anything about this. take the gun of him, safe a life.

actually there is no place on earth for guns...be a better world without them

Shall we hack each-other up with swords then? Or just physically beat each other to death with our fists?

Its not the guns that are the problem...its the absolute violent nature of people...how many times does that have to be said for people to understand that a world without guns is no more safe a place then a world with them?

Its....not...the...guns...

Its...the..man...

If it was simply guns, I should have killed several people by now, which I haven't and I own several guns....so how does that work in your theory guns are the root of all evil?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Yeah and if its the man don’t give him a gun in the first place, that is how you finish this argument.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

If however something did happen i went to scouts for a few weeks so i would figure something out.

LOL you cannot be serious....if not then well played sir!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

Yeah and if its the man don’t give him a gun in the first place, that is how you finish this argument.

Ok, so take away guns, suddenly their replaced with kitchen knives...take away kitchen knives and suddenly their replaced with hunger and fisticuffs beatings....

again...its not the guns...its the people...

A nice "this house is armed" sign on your front door...

If anything guns help deter crimes...I clean my rifles/hand guns out on my front porch so everyone knows my house is armed...I get no complaints and am one of the few houses on this street that hasn't been victim of vandalism or robbery...
edit on 14-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

The scouts thing was a joke, so is your argument.

If it had the choice to be stabbed or shot i would be stabbed, guns are designed primarily to kill knifes for the most part are not that is the difference.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

The scouts thing was a joke, so is your argument.

If it had the choice to be stabbed or shot i would be stabbed, guns are designed primarily to kill knifes for the most part are not that is the difference.

You missed what I was trying to illistrate....the INTENT of the object is irrelevant because INTENT does not dictitate the EFFECT....the INTENT of a knife may not be to kill, but It does...

Just like the INTENT to rid the the world of guns is for a more safe world but that will not be the EFFECT...people will be more susecptable to violence without the ability to "even the playing field" and protect themselves...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
yeah the mans intent make it worse, but by no means i involves the usage of guns. Guns shouldnt be allowed.

The facts speak for themslves, how many deaths in america from gunshootings? ITS RIDICULOUS. A dumb kid can kill some1 with a gun, an even unintentionally with he pull of one trigger, tell me would thatbe as easy to do with a knife or fist?

Gun is also a cowardly weapon, where any dumbass can kill a man, it also give an undeniable sense of power when u wield something like that.

I know what you ar going to say, u can kill with a knife etc, but there is a much less chance, and you dont get cases where knives accidentally go off and kill ppl.

When a man wield 1 gun, they have the power to threaten a HUGE group of people, whereas with fists and conventional weapons, the many have power over the few.

There is a huuuuge psychologial difference when pulling a trigger rather than use a conventional weapon.

Man can shoot a gun and run away, but cannot run away from the bullet. Wheras man can run away from a conventional weapon user and save his own life.

Like i said guns are a cowardly weapon, and it shouldnt have been made or used.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

reply to post by Sly1one

Ok, so take away guns, suddenly their replaced with kitchen knives...take away kitchen knives and suddenly their replaced with hunger and fisticuffs beatings....

again...its not the guns...its the people...

A nice "this house is armed" sign on your front door...

If anything guns help deter crimes...I clean my rifles/hand guns out on my front porch so everyone knows my house is armed...I get no complaints and am one of the few houses on this street that hasn't been victim of vandalism or robbery...
edit on 14-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

you need to fix your social upbringing to reduce crime and robberies. You are too naiive to think a gun will answer your lifes problems, if i had a gun i sure as hell wouldnt be scared to rob u even if u had guns in your house, shootouts occur all the time drive bys etc. The day when having the bigger/more guns means a degeneration of peoples minds, absolutely ridiculous.

9999999999999999999999999999 people wouldnt have died from wars etc, if it wernt for guns or having the bigger weapon. People wouldnt even have the courage to start wars, if guns wernt around. Look at how america is getting scared of Iran, they havent even made bombs or anything, but have nuclear power plants,yet american government are such cowards that tey wat to go in guns blazing before they ahve a chance to defend themselves.

Look at israel vs palestiians, palestinians are fighting back against the most advanced military in the world. The day when wars were won through cowardice is the day the peoples minds became evil and backwards.
Your balls lie in the magazine of your weapon not in the place we call testicles. lol.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

So you are saying the 10 million plus guns sold on the black market to gangs and underground can remain unknown, but the guns that us "law" abiding citizens pay for legally and register should be outlawed?

Because you know the guns on the black market will always be there - if they outlaw guns to be sold to regular citizens, weapons will be left to the gangs and underground that own those arms and the regular law abiding citizen now has no defense, and that is exactly when those unknown black market guns make it into your neighborhood and they bring them to your home to take what they want - food - lives - things of value/survival.

"Guns don't kill people - people kill people!"

Getting rid of protection is stupid - and not preparing for the worst is even dumber!
edit on 14-12-2010 by arizonascott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

He's going to be one of the many raiding your home as "The Event" continues. If such a thing were to happen, once the low-hanging-fruit is picked, he and others like him will become the local warlords/bandits, all in the name of 'protecting his family' and TPTB will be waiting for you to run gratefully to the FEMA camp! Really, we don't want such a scenario. We have been conditioned to an 'every man for himself' mentality that will result in violent darwinian chaos were there food/water/law enforcement/power shortages. People will be BEGGING for a 'Cruel but Just' dictator to take the helm. Better than starving in your house, burning furniture, taking turns guarding the place, occasionally scouting for food, once in a while one of you doesn't come back....This nightmare fantasy actually plays in to the plans of any potential dictatorship-military-state.

That said, he doesn't seem stupid at all, though he does come off in an "Ernest goes to Armageddon" kind of way.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Im like this guy. I dont trust the goverment and i dont need the goverment. if someone brakes into my house please dont send cops. i will deal with the matter myself.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

good point. i would like to find a satistic that shows people killed by gun owners who got them the legal way and people killed by gun from the black market. I would say people killed by guns on the black market is arond 90%-95%

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

The guy is preparing for a "worst case scenario" its not paranoid...its something our government and military do 24/7 ...should the military not be able to protect each and every 350 million Americans this guy can at least provide for himself which includes protection IE weapons...

He states several times its not about his beliefs its simply about being prepared to protect yourself and your family, this is very smart...He is not complacent and because of this he will be taking his 4 wheel drive over the multitude of corpses of people such as yourself who refused to believe anything could happen.

I ultimately feel sorry for you and your family because you don't seem to be taking steps to protect yourself and them, but instead laugh and ridicule those measures...not very smart, but that is the absolute beauty of natural selection and survival of the fittest...you probably wont survive a catastrophe, this guy will....so who will be laughing then?

Laughing then? I'm laughing now!

What is happening right now (or you can envisage happening) that you feel you need to take steps to protect yourself and your family?

We need to start stock-piling food, water, ammunition because of what?

The amount of time, money and effort he's put into this is mind-boggling to say the least.
The sky ain't gunna fall in and if it did, exactly how long is he going to last with this set up?
Who exactly would he defending himself against?
The military? He'd last five minutes.
Foreign invaders? He'd last five minutes.
Nuclear strike? He'd last 5 seconds.

Take a look at the last few seconds of his video, when he gets his 4WD stuck. That pretty much sums up his ability to protect his family.

That video is hilarious and shows exactly what a paranoid, mentally deficient fantisiser is capable of.

Heaven help his family.

edit on 14-12-2010 by The Ghost Who Walks because: clarity

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Didn't David Koresh arm his lot for the same reasoning???

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join